PDA

View Full Version : still quiet..

OgriUK
23-05-2005, 08:20 AM
northman, is there owt organised for a meet this weekend?
sat night me band is playing at the cherry tree pub in oundle road peterborough, good venue but it walways gets packed, ifn anyone likes crowded house, u2, the police etc come over for a pint

steviej
23-05-2005, 08:39 AM
Paul, keep yer beads peeled on the 'Whats Happening This Week/end' forum as there's a big Northern 'Meat' gonna be anounced courtesy of Tigerlily.....

Nonnie
23-05-2005, 11:24 AM
hi ogri

couldnt make the 200mph do sadly. been waiting to hear all about it though but probably missed the thread.

i intend to do lots of riding around as soon as i can (when my mojo is working!) and will chat to dave and get him to organise something spectacular with the east anglia lot and hopefully meet up with u and yours.

Northman1
23-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Sorry ...... just got back from San Francisco, there all last week with work.

Open to suggestions for this weekend, although I am travelling up to Cadwell on Monday afternoon for a trackday on the Tuesday.

Need to clean the bike a bit too, covered in rain/spray residue ...... still :-(

Paul: What time do you start on Saturday night?

OgriUK
24-05-2005, 08:35 AM
thanks stevi :)
nonnie, it was good didnt post anything about it because very understandably dont think theres many interested here(and also there was a very strong headwind all weekend...my best run was 188, 7mph slower than last year..., and best quarter was high tens :D :D ..oh the shame) but see you soon mate...northman we start about 9.15, be a good night, we been playing together since '77, sposed to be the best band in the area, play the beer festival every year etc, we also go out as police/u2/jam tribute bands..smiffys got a brilliant voice which means we can do stuff like the darkness an all that old bollox too.. ;) hope to see you there mate :)

A Yerbury
24-05-2005, 08:41 AM
Og do you still need the headlamp? I have the shell and the chrome rim? rims fine shell could do with a quick blast of hammerite smooth. free just send a fiver for postage if you are interested.
Alex

OgriUK
24-05-2005, 09:05 AM
thanks yerbs but no mate, and i got a spare too now ;)
jus need a screen fo me flyscreen..skidmarx quoted me thitrty odd quid for a new un!!
yerbs, master of puns that you are, bearing in mind it was once a zx9r, do you think i should call the pig ugly street****er "frankennine.." ;)

A Yerbury
24-05-2005, 09:18 AM
frankenincompoop, rubbish actually....I am not really awake yet and have toothache.

any pics of what you want it to look like? thats a lot of bike to carve up?

Alex.

OgriUK
24-05-2005, 11:49 AM
id like it to look like a z1 but handle like a fireblade ;) ..reality is it will look like a dodgy cheap fightered zx9r and handle like a dodgy etc etc..
but its cheap!!!!
well, so far anyway..will post some photos tonight when its done..jus donr raise your expectations, most of the work was accomplished with a lump hammer, 3" bolster, and huge roll of gaffertape.. ;) ;) :D

OgriUK
24-05-2005, 11:50 AM
btw get well soon, toothache isthe absolute worst.. :mad: :mad:

Nonnie
24-05-2005, 12:19 PM
alex, some temporary remedies...

warm salty water held in mouth against affected tooth (do not swallow)
brandy held in mouth against affected tooth (do swallow)
a clove wedged against affected tooth (do not swallow)

naomi
xx

A Yerbury
24-05-2005, 02:40 PM
All at the same time for a briny mulled ****tail affair? having just returned from the nice eastern european lady currently playing dentists it is just a bit of inflamed gum...nice. The pain has abated somewhat but thank you all for your kind words.

Alex.

ps. I never swallow.
pps. Its red, it's throbs thank heaven it's just my gums...