PDA

View Full Version : Gadget / Gizmo required?

marchesini
23-05-2005, 01:32 AM
I am changing from the standard handlebar set-up to some clip-ons. All very pretty but it leaves me with the 4 mounting holes where the handlebar clamp should go. Two (or one) of these are used by the steering damper which means that there are two redundant holes going spare.

So, I thought I'd mount something shiny and useless in the void like I did on my S4. I used to have a Sigma Targa Sport bicycle computer which did Speed, Top Speed, odometer, trip distance as well as trip time - all for about £20.

I fancy something different now for this project and have been looking at the Translogic systems that Dave Wood showed me recently - very trick and with a nice soothing blue light to calm me when the red mist descends - has a gear indicator, lap timer as well as some other bits I can't recall. Ideally, I would like to replace both the tacho and speedo but the immobiliser is linked to the bike clocks so that is a non starter. The handlebar mounted lap timer control is easier to use than the bicyle computer when on the move.

"But why?" asked Pooh to Christopher Robin, looking increasingly confused.

"Because, I need something to play with during the boring commute from the big city to 100 Acres Wood," Christopher Robin enthused. "I also enjoyed my old bicycle computer which I used to get a best door to door lap time from work to home. Much merriment for the easily distracted."

So any other gizmo places I should look or ideas that could use the two bolt holes. Answers on a postcard please to:

Pooh & Piglet (PO Box 996)

Sleep tight y'all

Christopher Robin

bigredduke
26-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Don't know about the other stuff, but a gear indicator would be handy. There is one on my elderly GS 750 & I find it really useful. How does it work exactly? I'm pretty handy but don't fancy buggering around with the gear selector mechanism to fit one!