PDA

View Full Version : bridgestone blunder

nid
22-05-2005, 08:29 PM
bonjour tout le monde,

I have a question. On saturday I was riding my 900ie around town when I noticed I had picked up a no.6 chipboard screw right in the middle of my BT 020 (with only around 1000 miles on it...). Needless to say I was not impressed and applied copious amounts of the obligatory tyre weld which got me home.

Now I am sitting here wondering if the tyre can be repaired and if so is that sensible or am I going to have to pay those clever Jap fellows for another one of their marvellous rubber hoops?

Whaddyafink?

CK & AK
22-05-2005, 08:33 PM
if its dead centre, you can get it plugged - see Tyreman - aka Steve at Wraysbury tyres just near Chertsey Bridge.
Say CK sent you

A Yerbury
22-05-2005, 09:01 PM
yes those replugging jobs work very well, do that.

nik_the_brief
23-05-2005, 08:38 AM
If ya used that Tyreweld stuff in an aerosol can then you've almost certainly fecked your tyre.

The hole could probably have been plugged if you'd not used the stuff but it works by breaking down the compound of the rubber to seal the hole.

Slime and it's ilk which you put in and leave in the tyre for it's life are not problem (albeit a bit messy for the tyre fitter come changeover time) but Tyreweld is death to tyres and is only intended as a quick 'get you home' remedy.