PDA

View Full Version : m900 rear shock

peteS4
22-05-2005, 06:10 PM
can anyone tell me if the rear shock off a m900 is multi adjustable. id doesnt have a remote res like an s4 but does it still have 3 way adjustment, if so, i know someone who will be after the one i have found, thanks

A Yerbury
22-05-2005, 06:18 PM
I got one of a 900, same sachs as the 600, flat head screw at the bottom, wind the spring at the top (tricky) I hope chaps appreciates all the effort you are putting in Pete?!
Alex.

Chappers
22-05-2005, 06:25 PM
I hope chaps appreciates all the effort you are putting in Pete?!
Alex.

It's not me that is bothered about replacing it...it's him wanting me to have the best I can (bless) :)

I do appreciate everything he does for me and I think he knows that :rolleyes:

Zimbo
22-05-2005, 07:01 PM
The M900 sachs shock is adjustable for rebound and preload only.

Options - Nattyboy's got some new Showa shocks, remote res, adjustable compression and rebound damping plus preload,

AK was selling a freshly revamped M600 shock a couple of weeks ago, been revalved etc so should be good as new.

For what it's worth, provided the damping is OK on the original shock there's nothing wrong with it at all. I've pushed my M900 near the limits on the track with the original sachs shock, 16K old, and it's not given any problems at all!

A Yerbury
22-05-2005, 07:05 PM
It's not me that is bothered about replacing it...it's him wanting me to have the best I can (bless) :)

I do appreciate everything he does for me and I think he knows that :rolleyes:

In that case the "best you can" is an ohlins for about 450, then a bigger engine, more brakes, some rearsets, a slipper clutch...etc, what a star eh?!

peteS4
22-05-2005, 07:08 PM
i think shes ready for a 900 now,........ keeps nagging me to have a go on my s4.... i dont think shes quite that ready yet !!!!!!

Chappers
22-05-2005, 07:12 PM
i think shes ready for a 900 now,........ keeps nagging me to have a go on my s4.... i dont think shes quite that ready yet !!!!!!

Liar - you offered me a go and I said not just yet but I've changed me mind now, so I'll take it out next week :lol: :D

A Yerbury
22-05-2005, 07:12 PM
oh go on pete, they are not that hard to ride! incidentally there are mor 750 b and p on ebay, the chap seems to think it is possible to fit to a 600? what was the final word on that?
Alex.

Chappers
22-05-2005, 07:20 PM
oh go on pete, they are not that hard to ride! incidentally there are mor 750 b and p on ebay, the chap seems to think it is possible to fit to a 600? what was the final word on that?
Alex.

Although, I have ridden it up the drive when taking it out the garage to get to mine but that don't count :(