PDA

View Full Version : Who knows Silverstone...?

craigie
21-05-2005, 03:02 PM
...well enough to tell me a good place to watch the racing from.

I'm thinking about going up next week for the WSB and have never been before so if anyone has any tips for great vantage points I'd appreciate them.

Looking at a map Luffield looks like it may be a good place but you can't always trust maps now can you....or can you?

cheers

Craig

MrsJel
21-05-2005, 05:25 PM
It depends what kind of view you like. Anything in the complex is going to be good - Luffield or Woodcote. When you get there, if you look around you'll see that the complex does rise & fall so some parts are going to be clearer than others. There's lots of concrete to spread out on. You could sit on the bank opposite Luffield/Woodcote as they come up from Bridge into the start of the complex (you can see the screen from there if its in the same place as usual). I've never been down the far end of the circuit (stowe) so can't comment on that.

It also depends on the weather - we usually head for Woodcote if it's wet and Luffield if its dry! If you're going Sat & Sun, use Sat to check it out.

craigie
21-05-2005, 09:03 PM
Thanks very much, looks like Luffield it will be then, not going if its wet, thats what tv's for, well if it was on tv. Just going the one day so your tips are right handy.
Is any where close to the track for taking photos?

cheers again

Craig

Kazza
21-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Hi Craigie

We will be at Woodcote/Luffield area during the day - so hope to see you there.

Cheers

Kazza & Neil

craigie
23-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Hey K&N

I'll be looking out for you.

Cheers Craig

MrsJel
24-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Might see you there too.

MrsJel
24-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Other half's just told me its being run on the short circuit so it will make it a bit more interesting.