PDA

View Full Version : matlock bath

lenny
20-05-2005, 09:33 PM
hi all

does any one now about matlock bath. i have heard it is a hot spot for bikes. thinking about a ride that way to check it out all this bath care on i might take my rubber duck and a big scrubbing brush and some bubble bath there :confused: .

__________lenny & linda __________
:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
:moto:

Tigerlily
20-05-2005, 09:43 PM
Make sure you go on a Sunday, it get's packed with bikes.

There's some nice roads round there too :burnout: (and a few speed cameras :mad: )

I might end up there myself next weekend. Have a look here. (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=12319)

Scotty
20-05-2005, 09:57 PM
and i was expecting you to add a 4th thread for the 29th ?
definatly the easy way outh there with a link ;)

bod
20-05-2005, 10:13 PM
Get there early to find a space it gat's VERY busy :cool:

sidtheparrot
20-05-2005, 10:18 PM
hi all

does any one now about matlock bath. i have heard it is a hot spot for bikes. thinking about a ride that way to check it out all this bath care on i might take my rubber duck and a big scrubbing brush and some bubble bath there :confused: .

__________lenny & linda __________
:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
:moto:

Hi

It's a great ride out, and is choc full of bikes on any sunny sunday Webcam (http://www.matlockbathcam.co.uk/) .
On the ride down its worth riding the cat & fiddle road and calling of at Bakewell to feed the ducks (maybe picking up a few tarts.....lol). Chatsworth House is worth a visit too.

Chris

Scotty
20-05-2005, 10:29 PM
it may be bussy but with people arriveinfg and leaving all the time its not that difficult to find 1 space
though 5 or 6 together might be areal problme

lenny
20-05-2005, 11:06 PM
sounds good next sunday if its nice feed the ducks o no i need help ? bmf tomorrow 4 me bed time

Scotty
20-05-2005, 11:13 PM
im trying to think of a meetup prior to the bath of matlock but ive no idea realy thgers a slight chance some of the mmmmmmoc might be able to help ther e like

aside strange time warp mattlock web can says 0930 whereas its 1200 here i i i jhust dont undersatnd

bod
20-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Im up for a ride there.....Last time I went was on back of me mates bike.
Pulled up at traffic lights in Sheffield FIT chick walked across the road...when he set off I was still watching and not holding and fell off :eek:
Not the coolest thing to do going down ecclesfield road? :(

Scotty
20-05-2005, 11:28 PM
i of course mean the midland moc who rival the kent moc for member numbers thoguh im not sure who they are

bod ... lol, what else can i say she didnt rush to help you out then ?

bod
20-05-2005, 11:39 PM
No and said mate didn't realise I wasn't still on the back till next set of lights...how foolish did I feel. :o

Tigerlily
21-05-2005, 12:33 AM
and i was expecting you to add a 4th thread for the 29th ?
definatly the easy way outh there with a link ;)

It might seem complicated having 3 threads but it's working! :D

(you only need to read 1 of them though!)

Rabbit
21-05-2005, 12:39 AM
it may be bussy but with people arriveinfg and leaving all the time its not that difficult to find 1 space
though 5 or 6 together might be areal problme

Finding your keys is another matter though ;)

:D

Scotty
21-05-2005, 06:04 AM
il tie them to a piece of elastic through my leathers next time just to be safe :)

Spike
21-05-2005, 07:19 AM
If you go to matlock make sure your bikes legal the police like to pull you over into the laybye 'To talk about the road conditions but while you're here we will just have a look over your bikes to make sure the are roadworthy' bunch of **nts :mad:

little devil
21-05-2005, 09:58 AM
Get there for breakfast, its very good, fill up for under a fiver! :)

What out for the parking attendent, not only do they enforce the hour parking, they also check your road tax!!!

Whats more, they have a Chocolate shop that makes its own, yummy! :lol:

Happy riding.

Heather

MrsJel
21-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Don't forget to wave to the nice policeman in his helicopter! Some low speed limits on the A6, some picturesque places to park the camera vans as well.

little devil
21-05-2005, 11:06 PM
Depending on where you come from, we come in from Derby, get off the A6 and turn left at the traffic lights in Duffield.

Once throgh the built up area, you are out in nice twisty roads with no speed cameras or stupid 50mph all the way and less traffic.

You come out at the traffic lights at Cromford, just out of Matlock.

See you up there sometime.