PDA

View Full Version : Decisions Decisions

Paranoid Dave
19-05-2005, 07:24 PM
Help me guys and gals. I'm trying to sell my 'town' bike, a Yamaha 250, it does exactly what it says on the tin but I hate it, its so boring, ugly and just has to go in favour of something fun and probably unpractical :D

So what can I get with two wheels, thats fun and will make me want to look after it. Won't get me stopped by the fashion police for being a blot on the horizon and for less than a grand?

My first thought is the beloved Monkey I have always wanted. Other ideas are Gilera DNA, or some not too ugle scooter :confused:

I'll only use it once a week to get me round the town, occasionally a little further but will happily use back roads rather than dual c's. So help me out and give me inspiration, don't make me do the practical thing and get a cg125, I know they are useful but it's just not me, not even I could mod one of them into something pretty ;)

Julie
19-05-2005, 07:31 PM
kTM KTM KTM KTM... dave have a look for a 125 off roader thingy and then you can have some dirty fun xx

Nonnie
19-05-2005, 07:47 PM
nae lad, get thee a monkey. you know you want to. gwaaaaaaaaan

and then let me have a go!

MilesB
19-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Sachs Madass - Monkey Bike Engine in a serious mountain bike frame - not sure if you can get one for under £1K yet though - looks a hoot :D

claicerrig
19-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Dave

I would go with Julie selection Firstevery time :D

But Miles B selection is a good 1 too :eek:

fatbloke
19-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Sachs Madass - Monkey Bike Engine in a serious mountain bike frame - not sure if you can get one for under £1K yet though - looks a hoot :D
looks a lot of fun but weighs about 12 ton and only has a weezy 50cc
engine, shame coz it looks the nuts

MADASS (http://www.1977mopeds.com/images/models/sachs/madass/1.jpg)

A Yerbury
19-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Get a scooter and become one of these mod types.

Plum
19-05-2005, 10:37 PM

My mate works for the dealership that flogs them. He says really great hoot, as long as you dont weigh more than an anorexic Kate Moss.

Thats me out then

Honda Ruckas is what you want. Limited numbers coming to Europe, but maybe worth hunting. Now they do look cool

NattyBoy
19-05-2005, 10:44 PM
Keep it italian Dave - DNA 180 - Great value on the 2nd hand market and look great in Red (although I did used to take the **** out of my mate as when he was riding it - it looked like that scene from dumb and dumber with Jim Carey and his buddy racing along the highway.. :lol: ).

Seriously quick to 70mph..he embarrased plenty of high performance cars off the lights !!

Nat

A Yerbury
19-05-2005, 10:50 PM
..get a bicycle? you get to loose some weight and it's cheap?

Spanner
20-05-2005, 12:59 AM
Aprilia RS 125 or 250. Smell that sweet 2 stroke aroma.

Duncan
20-05-2005, 07:03 AM
Get a cheap Jap four cylinder bike over 15 years of age. Something like a GS Suzuki can be had for less than £500. Wire wheeled Japs are starting to get expensive but alloy wheeled ones are still cheap and spares are plentiful on eBay.

Heres the trick bit.............insure it as a Classic and add your Monster onto the policy. Immediately your insurance prices drop and bike owes you nothing, allowing you to spend money saved on the Ducati.

steviej
20-05-2005, 08:53 AM
Found this on a German website last year, god knows where you'd get one in the UK. :eek:

M900Dom
22-05-2005, 10:38 AM
Little Yam Serow / TTR or Suxuki DR250 trail bike
Brilliant round town....Up Kerbs to avoid Traffic lights etc :rolleyes: :D
Not that I`ve ever done that :o no that would be like Undertaking :rolleyes: (Wheres that innocent whistling smilie when you need it)
And you can take it off road as well, should get one for around a Grand...
Might even sell you Mine if you ask nicely ;)
Check out Muddystuff (http://www.muddystuff.com)

Pukka Trials bike is even more fun :D you should see the looks you get on Janes riding round town stood up on the pegs :burnout: the only problem is you Cannot behave on them, they are just too much fun :twisted:
HTH
Dom