PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - KMH-MPH Mecahnical Converter

NattyBoy
19-05-2005, 03:01 PM
A long shot but has anyone got one of these?..there usually bought to convert jap import speedos to MPH..

Cheers
Nat

moritzio
27-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Erm if you want to exchange kph speedo to mph, prepare yourself for some 30 minutes labour. The gearing mech at wheel hub is different size, even though the counter is graduated in similar fashion. the cable remains the same. Thus drop front wheel out, suggest at least one able bodied mate to help, remove gearing, replace with new part and shazam all is done.

A Yerbury
27-05-2005, 10:45 PM
Erm if you want to exchange kph speedo to mph, prepare yourself for some 30 minutes labour. The gearing mech at wheel hub is different size, even though the counter is graduated in similar fashion. the cable remains the same. Thus drop front wheel out, suggest at least one able bodied mate to help, remove gearing, replace with new part and shazam all is done.

err really? I just changed the clocks over? and it was accurate without needing to go near the wheel.I am sure the gearing is in the clock as it travels differently.

Alex.

NattyBoy
28-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Ive bought an upper mechanism which fits behind the clock..should be OK..fingers crossed.

Im assuming thread size etc is universal..

Nat

JMo
28-05-2005, 09:16 AM
Yes - don't M&P or Busters do something like that?

xxx

Mr Cake
28-05-2005, 09:16 AM
I think Demon-Twats have them.

Dave

Tigerlily
28-05-2005, 09:32 AM
Rabbit bought a Motrax one for his Honda and that works fine - easy to fit too.