PDA

View Full Version : S2R upgrade brembo Calipers Break Disks option

LeMarsu
19-05-2005, 10:27 AM
Hi,

I was looking for replace Calipers from the S2r.
Want I was wondering what is distance between the mounting holes need to fit the S2r ?
Is it 65mm?

What is the size of Bread Disks is needed?

Sorry for the stupid question I can go out and measure everything... but I don't seem to get the time.... plus I think this would be useful info on the forum.

Sami

Dark-Jon
19-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Assuming they haven't changed the forks or wheels!!! (just looked at Ducati S2R site and they look the same), then the callipers would be the ones with the 65mm distance between bolt holes from any late Ducati or Aprilia (the normal Goldline ones (P430/34F), the P4 (?) ones should fit but I think they need a different disc offset than standard? See Red Racing for more (http://www.redracingparts.com/en/english.htm#english/motorbikesmotorcycles/productsandcomponents/bremboroadfrontbrakecalipers.htm) )

The Discs would be the 320mm ones fitted to pretty much any late Ducati, Aprilia or some Moto Guzzi's.

I think they are 320mm diameter, 64mm centre hole and 10.5mm offset (thats according to the Galfer discs that fit late Monsters, go for model #660 if you want Galfer disc's like JMo ;) )

Be warned though, the later Aprilia's (02 on I think) and the 998R or other R models have slightly different offset discs so won't fit (to go with the P4 callipers?). Just go for anything that'll fit any Monster, SS, 916, 996, 748 etc. I think that some of the discs off of the Yam XJR1200 and early EXUP's are 320mm Brembo and will fit if you're desperate! Also, 749 & 999 discs only have 5 mounting holes, not the 6 you should need. I got my discs & callipers off of a '99 Mille R and they fit fine :)

DJ :burnout:

JMo
19-05-2005, 11:12 AM
DJ has basically said it in a rather large nutshell...

If you can get the gold four-pot brembos and the original 320mm disks from any recent Monster, they will fit straight on - or there are alternatives as he suggests above...

xxx

Dark-Jon
19-05-2005, 11:27 AM
DJ has basically said it in a rather large nutshell...

so I tend to ramble on from time to time :p

DJ

rich
19-05-2005, 01:03 PM
can i ask what's wrong with the original set up mate?
Ta rich

LeMarsu
19-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Ducati have put Twin 300mm discs with Brembo twin-piston floating callipers on the S2r.

Ducati used to fit 320mm discs and four-piston callipers, providing you with more breaking power....

Correct me if i am wrong with the details above.

I don't think it is essential for the speeds I do in town... but I was just interested if I get my hand on a pair of Brembo calipers when I am on holiday.

rich
19-05-2005, 02:51 PM
Ducati have put Twin 300mm discs with Brembo twin-piston floating callipers on the S2r.

Ducati used to fit 320mm discs and four-piston callipers, providing you with more breaking power....

Correct me if i am wrong with the details above.

I don't think it is essential for the speeds I do in town... but I was just interested if I get my hand on a pair of Brembo calipers when I am on holiday.

Thanks for the info

And what do you think of the S2r now that you have one?

rich

s2r Simon
19-05-2005, 02:54 PM
I haven't got much biking experience but my opinion of the S2R is that it's a stunner a lot of fun. Could spend hours just watching it !!
But I must say that I wouldn't mind better front brake for when I am more experienced and push it a bit more.

spm23
19-05-2005, 05:50 PM
I have for sale a complete set of master cylinder, hoses, calipers and disks from my S4R that might be of interest (still plumbed together). They are brand new as I swapped the whole front end of the bike as soon as it was delivered from the dealer. PM if interested (front forks, rear shock, wheels also available)

LeMarsu
20-05-2005, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the info

And what do you think of the S2r now that you have one?

rich

Rich,

I love it, it great, more power then the 620... obviously!!
The handling is good and looks nice, just the CAT needs to be dumped, and new pipes fitted.

apart from that you need better weather !!

rich
20-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Rich,

I love it, it great, more power then the 620... obviously!!
The handling is good and looks nice, just the CAT needs to be dumped, and new pipes fitted.

apart from that you need better weather !!

Good :) glad you like it

Just a point can you run with an open clutch on an s2r?

Ta, rich

Dave G
20-05-2005, 12:08 PM
"can you run with an open clutch on an s2r?"

Its a wet clutch,so the answer is no.

LeMarsu
20-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Good :) glad you like it

Just a point can you run with an open clutch on an s2r?

Ta, rich
you will get oil everywhere !
:(