PDA

View Full Version : showaddywaddy

cheeky monkey
17-05-2005, 09:20 PM
I like this thread so will continue it with a little know fact. I used to be in a famous band of yesteryear but which one. :D

xjrjohn
17-05-2005, 09:44 PM
I like this thread so will continue it with a little know fact. I used to be in a famous band of yesteryear but which one. :D
Rubettes? Mud? Slade?

SazzaG
17-05-2005, 09:49 PM
Baron Knights?

cheeky monkey
17-05-2005, 09:59 PM
no before them, however the barron knights used to do an impression of us.

A Yerbury
17-05-2005, 10:34 PM
a clue please?

cheeky monkey
17-05-2005, 10:40 PM
autotrader?

Lady-Bob
17-05-2005, 10:41 PM
It's gotta be The Flying Picketts????

Do I win a prize???

As for Showaddywaddy.... I always liked " Some Girls Will... Some Girls Won't" or was that MUD?

Mud did Tiger Feet didn't they?

Ooooh it's all coming back to me now.... Alvin Stardust ... coo-ca-chooo

Don't stop me now ... I'm havin' such a good time - I'm havin' a ball .... :D

A Yerbury
17-05-2005, 10:55 PM
the cars (caRRs?)

Lady-Bob
17-05-2005, 11:04 PM
the cars (caRRs?)

Do you mean The Cars as in "Who's gonna drive you home?" Or the Corrs??

Ooooh you’ve got me started now …..

What about them Bay City Rollers then? I never went for the whole fashion ensemble but a lot of my mates at school wouldn’t be seen dead without a tartan scarf and them white trousers that only reached mid-shin!

Give a little love, take a little love.. da na nah …..be prepared to forsake a little love….

The there was Pilot with … Jauary, sick and tired you’ve been hanging on me…. Who, it turned out, had nicked both the song and the vocals from an entirely different band and had never actually sung it themselves at all!!

I feel a little Karaoke commin’ on ….. altogether now … Does anyone know the way? There’s got to be a way… to BLOCKBUSTERRRRRR

And I know there are some closet Roller fans out there so this one’s for you….

1, 2, a-1 2 3 4………Shang – a – lang (I can’t hear you…) SHANG – A – LANG.. :p

Surely we all remember ELO???? Hey, there, Mister Blue…. We’re so pleased to be with you….

SOMEONE STOP ME FOR CHRISSAKES!!!

Or at least join in!! :D

Just DON’T get me onto the subject of Genesis (Gabriel and Collins years) or I’ll never shut up! :twisted:

Lady-Bob
17-05-2005, 11:06 PM
But if we wanna talk CLASSICS then my vote goes to a few...

Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty,

War of the Worlds by Jeff Lynne

Foxtrot by Genesis

Forever and Ever by Demis Roussos (you know it's true :p )

And basically ANYTHING from Fleetwood Mac or Black Sabbath! :twisted:

Lady-Bob
17-05-2005, 11:08 PM
autotrader?

Was there a band called "Under £100" ?! :lol:

Lady-Bob
17-05-2005, 11:12 PM
It's no good.... I can't help myself....

Anyone remember Bugles and Video Killed the radio start?.... well they also did one called Elstree. f-ing brilliant that woz! Never forget it because it had the sound of a horse galloping and they went from the left speaker over to the right speaker then faded away. I had only just got my first "Hi-Fi" then and I was amazed by it!! :D

I know.... I'm a sad and sorry Bob who has had a pretty boring teenage-hood!

I'm going to bed now but I'lll be back on this thread... you can bet your sweet patooty on it !!! :bunny:

A Yerbury
17-05-2005, 11:36 PM
trevor horn was bugle, and the best horse sound is featured on stand and deliver.....

nik_the_brief
18-05-2005, 07:28 AM
Talking of Stand and Deliver - Adam and the Ants (like Showaddywaddy) had two drummers. Another little known trivia fact for your collection.

Autotrader! - what kind of clue is that?

cheeky monkey
18-05-2005, 09:34 AM
autotrader is a good clue

The Kevlar Kid
18-05-2005, 09:36 AM
War of the Worlds by Jeff Lynne

Errrr.... Nope.....

Jeff Lynne was the front man for ELO (also in the Travelling Willbury's).

War of the worlds was Jeff Wayne...

This is all before my time you understand....

CK & AK
18-05-2005, 10:08 AM
Bob! :eek:

do you still have the vinyls tho? - I have! :o

My greatest must be Dark side of the moon :bunny:

but, I DO remember seeing the rollers at Southampton with school chums :o
and also seeing Blondie (Sept 78) at the pavilion :D

and more.... Blue Oyster Cult, Sabbath, White Snake..... blimey, I'm going to start singing in a min :eek:

C, one of whose claims to fame: going to pony club with Peter Gabriel, whose mum owned the land. Nice lad he was then ;)

Mand
18-05-2005, 10:33 AM

Can we have another clue please? :confused:

Fosse Foxfight
18-05-2005, 10:48 AM
It's gotta be The Flying Picketts????

Do I win a prize???

As for Showaddywaddy.... I always liked " Some Girls Will... Some Girls Won't" or was that MUD?

:D
NO!!!!v Some Girls was Racey :p ....God fancy not remebering that :D

ta ra

Chappers
18-05-2005, 11:03 AM

I can only think of the yanks band 'Cars' or the scottish group 'Middle of the road' so far.

Give us another clue :D

Fosse Foxfight
18-05-2005, 11:20 AM
autotrader?

This is a good one :D

Middle of the Road?
The Seeksers?

Nay nay...it has to be Searchers?

CK & AK
18-05-2005, 11:26 AM
well, I cant think that you were in the Beatles - or the Rolling Stones :confused:

maybe its the Frank Spencer song? :lol: :lol:

? Pop goes the workers? :confused:

c'mon - no more cryptic clues :mad:

Duncan
18-05-2005, 11:32 AM
no before them, however the barron knights used to do an impression of us.

They certainly did an impression of the Smurfs?

Not got a blue suit and pointed ha Tony?

MilesB
18-05-2005, 11:35 AM
Surely we all remember ELO???? Hey, there, Mister Blue…. We’re so pleased to be with you….

SOMEONE STOP ME FOR CHRISSAKES!!!

Or at least join in!! :D

Just DON’T get me onto the subject of Genesis (Gabriel and Collins years) or I’ll never shut up! :twisted:
Bob - Never knew you were a Prog head :eek: ... although judging by all the other things you remember, I suspect you are just a Seventies-head ;)

nik_the_brief
18-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Eddie and the Hot Rods? :D

Lady-Bob
18-05-2005, 11:39 AM
I DO remember seeing the rollers at Southampton with school chums :o
and also seeing Blondie (Sept 78) at the pavilion :D

My first ever concert was at Hammersmith Odeon when I saw Elkie Brooks - barefoot and pregnant belting out the pInk Floyd hit "Money" ... surreal!

Then I saw The Communards (anyone remember them???? :rolleyes: ) Now that was a good concert, full of energy I can tell you.

Bought Pink Floyd's Relics album one year and Division Bell concert tickets another year for Bumble's birthday. Am I a :cool: sis or what?!

Genesis at Knebworth on that famous day where it took over 8 hours to get out of the car park!! Although I never understood why they had Lisa Stansfield supporting... it just didn't gel right and the audience let it be known! Collins was fab as was the drum duet.... 'kin awesome! :twisted:

MilesB
18-05-2005, 11:42 AM
It's no good.... I can't help myself....

Anyone remember Bugles and Video Killed the radio start?.... well they also did one called Elstree. f-ing brilliant that woz! Never forget it because it had the sound of a horse galloping and they went from the left speaker over to the right speaker then faded away. I had only just got my first "Hi-Fi" then and I was amazed by it!! :D

I know.... I'm a sad and sorry Bob who has had a pretty boring teenage-hood!

I'm going to bed now but I'lll be back on this thread... you can bet your sweet patooty on it !!! :bunny:
Bob - They wos called 'The Buggles', with "Video Killed the Radio Star" - probably the most prophetic single of all time (only topped by the sequal "Nice Video, Shame about the Song" by Not the Nine O'Clock News :D )

If you've got the album ('The Age of Plastic') I'll blag a copy of it sometime ;)

The Buggles had potential, but instead of going on, the two of them (yes it was Trevor Horn, and Geoff Downes) joined 'Yes' - after which Trevor Horn went into production - apparently performing with Yes terrified him!!.

Duncan
18-05-2005, 11:44 AM
autotrader?

Not Tony Jackson from the Searchers?

Needles and pins etc etc

Julie
18-05-2005, 11:45 AM
They certainly did an impression of the Smurfs?

Not got a blue suit and pointed ha Tony?

No one can impersonate the smurfs! they should be respected and admired!

CK & AK
18-05-2005, 11:50 AM
No one can impersonate the smurfs! they should be respected and admired!

so speaketh the chief lady smurf! :lol: :lol: :lol:

tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.... where are you all coming from.... :D

smurfing is for ever.......

and just for yoo Jooley:
http://bluebuddies.com/Smurfs_Smurf_Song_Lyrics.htm

C :D

MilesB
18-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Anyone know what the backing track to the current Auto-trader TV ad is :confused:

(And I don't believe tonyleeds is David Soul :eek: )

The Barron Knights ripped-off loads of groups, including Boney M, the Smurfs, Status Quo (I think) and the guys who did "Matchstalk Men and Matchstalk Cats and Dogs" - I remember the song, but not the name of the Artist(s).

MilesB
18-05-2005, 11:53 AM

"We're from Dartmoor on the Run" :D :D :D :burnout:

Mand
18-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Anyone know what the backing track to the current Auto-trader TV ad is :confused:

(And I don't believe tonyleeds is David Soul :eek: )

The Barron Knights ripped-off loads of groups, including Boney M, the Smurfs, Status Quo (I think) and the guys who did "Matchstalk Men and Matchstalk Cats and Dogs" - I remember the song, but not the name of the Artist(s).

brian and michael - god I can't believe I know that!

MilesB
18-05-2005, 11:54 AM
brian and michael - god I can't believe I know that!
Neither can I Mand - I thought you were younger than that ;)

cheeky monkey
18-05-2005, 11:55 AM
another clue hmmm. "we used to do a silly dance". and no I wasnt with them when they where in the charts as i was only 2

Mand
18-05-2005, 11:56 AM
Neither can I Mand - I thought you were younger than that ;)

I wish! :lol:

Mand
18-05-2005, 11:58 AM
another clue hmmm. "we used to do a silly dance". and no I wasnt with them when they where in the charts as i was only 2

Oh lord, you weren't in the orchestra that did the Floral Dance?

As sung by Terry Wogan?

cheeky monkey
18-05-2005, 11:58 AM
miles b is on the right track . :lol: hurry up and guess before every one gets bored tony :burnout:

Lady-Bob
18-05-2005, 11:59 AM

Give us another clue.... what woz your band's genre???

We ARE talkin the 90's aren't we??

Please don't tell me you were in a Flock of Seagulls !! :eek:

Lady-Bob
18-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Father Abraham did the smurf song didn't he???

Then Barron Knights remade it

CraigMac
18-05-2005, 12:00 PM
White suits and daft hats as I remember!!!

Regards

Julie
18-05-2005, 12:05 PM

smurfing is for ever.......

and just for yoo Jooley:
http://bluebuddies.com/Smurfs_Smurf_Song_Lyrics.htm

C :D

Ohhh CK CK CK - you must never mock the smurfs or a smurf guardian. They are real you know and never forget....and FYI its Chief lady Smurfette x

CraigMac
18-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Im led to believe that there is a Showaddywaddy tribute band doing the rounds at the moment, There drapes, drainpipes and blue suede shoes are not up to the same high standard as the Showads in fact they are quite scruffy.....

Look out for "Wereshoddyshoddy"...........sorry!

dean
18-05-2005, 12:12 PM
is it true that showaddywaddy all became moonies and shaved off their crepes?

MilesB
18-05-2005, 12:13 PM
I just checked out (on line) the Autotrader AD where 'Woman Sits In Car And Cry's As She Has Just Sold Her Old Car Which She Is Attached To'

The only music was 'Happiness' - which I always thought was Ken Dodd :eek:

Tony - where you one of the Diddymen :eek: :D

Didge
18-05-2005, 12:15 PM
Tony...is it the Shadows?
Are we talking 60's groups here? (They were groups in the 60's people, not bands).

CraigMac
18-05-2005, 12:41 PM
Were you in the 80's pop band Wham, if so have you got any of those "Frankie says" T shirts knocking around, Im an XL.

Thanks
Craig.

dean
18-05-2005, 12:53 PM
are you mick hucknall, the flame haired songster whose popular with the ladies?

or are you peters and lee?, or maybe the brass section out of earth wind and fire?

cant think of any more for now

cheeky monkey
18-05-2005, 12:55 PM
right era didge .

Mand
18-05-2005, 01:06 PM
In the 60 and autotrader? We neeeeeeeeeed more!

CK & AK
18-05-2005, 01:06 PM
right era didge .

well, you're not Cliff :lol:

Craigmac - Wham, too late an era - but I still love some of their songs :o

rubettes?
mud?
thin Lizzy! :eek:

ok, anuvver cloo please :)

CraigMac
18-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Remember Alvin Stardust, he of tight fitting leathers and gloved fist.
He had a huge ring which he used to point at the camera on Top of the Pops...
It was quite unnerving....

Regards

Mand
18-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Remember Alvin Stardust, he of tight fitting leathers and gloved fist.
He had a huge ring which he used to point at the camera on Top of the Pops...
It was quite unnerving....

Regards

My brother used to pretend he was Alvin Stardust with my mam's jewellery.

Tony!

Are you one of the Cruisers in Dave Berry and the Cruisers?

cheeky monkey
18-05-2005, 02:40 PM
not one of the cruisers but have gigged with them. whatch what you say about alvins ring he may sue :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mand
18-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Did you get high up in the hit parade? See folks, now I am showing my age by calling it "The Hit Parade" :D

cheeky monkey
18-05-2005, 02:57 PM
they had a no1 in the states and a few top tens in uk however as I was 2 I dont really know.I joined them much much later . as david frost would say on keyhole look back on the thread "The clues are all there"

Didge
18-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Was it one of these groups?

Fentones
Pirates
Bruvvers
Bruisers
Swinging Blue Jeans
Dakotas
Pacemakers
Dreamers
Honeycombs
Merseys
Rocking Berries
Fortunes
.........Mmmmm....running out of fackin' names here.....did a silly dance routine?.....Sh*t, it could be one of hundreds of groups.

Mand
18-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Not Freddie and the Dreamers? They did a silly dance.

cheeky monkey
18-05-2005, 03:04 PM
top marks mand . :D :D :D :D :D I was in another semi famous band before them, originally they had a female bass player?

Didge
18-05-2005, 03:06 PM
They were on my list above.

SazzaG
18-05-2005, 03:11 PM
I feel a little Karaoke commin’ on ….. altogether now … Does anyone know the way? There’s got to be a way… to BLOCKBUSTERRRRRR

Yey, that's my birthday No 1!

Ahem, I have that on my ipod at the moment. Quality brainless music for long flights!

Female bassist? Surely not Talking Heads - you can't describe them as semi-famous!

cheeky monkey
18-05-2005, 03:12 PM
yes well done didge but can you guess the other group. :rolleyes:

MilesB
18-05-2005, 03:14 PM
Not Freddie and the Dreamers? They did a silly dance.
Autotrader TV ad backing track - "You were made for Me..."
:o I just couldn't remember the song or group - got the clue though :rolleyes: .

And yes, it was a VERY silly dance :D

CraigMac
18-05-2005, 03:14 PM
Suzi Quattro and the Quattroettes....

SAMMYE
18-05-2005, 03:15 PM
top marks mand . :D :D :D :D :D I was in another semi famous band before them, originally they had a female bass player?

Can I have your autograph?

Mand
18-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Did the Blow Monkeys used to have a female bass player?

SAMMYE
18-05-2005, 03:23 PM
which one were you?

CraigMac
18-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Miss Quattro, also used to wear a lot of black leather on stage, just like Alvin....I dont think she used to show her ring to the camera though.

In fact, I dont think she was married or engaged in those days.

Regards...

cheeky monkey
18-05-2005, 03:41 PM
samye not in the pic thank god not that old .

A Yerbury
18-05-2005, 05:18 PM
I once photographed Alvin Stardusts son, he is one of these "drums and bass" types, he goes by the name Adam "F"... far more ridiculous than Adam Stardust IMO...kids today etc.

nik_the_brief
18-05-2005, 05:21 PM

The Pogues had a female bass player, Cait O'Riordan. She went on to marry Elvis Costello (should that be Declan McManus) and they replaced her with a bloke.

Don't think it was you though Tony...

A Yerbury
18-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Miss Quattro, also used to wear a lot of black leather on stage, just like Alvin....I dont think she used to show her ring to the camera though.

In fact, I dont think she was married or engaged in those days.

Regards...

well she did shout a bit, rock back and forth, and slap her instrument? perhaps an interhighway web search thing is in order Craig?

A Yerbury
18-05-2005, 05:23 PM
My favourite was the tall red haired one from the bangles, however she is looking a bit mumsy these days which is a great shame.

spacemonkey
18-05-2005, 07:36 PM
What about that bint in Ash?

A Yerbury
18-05-2005, 07:38 PM
she "bonked" a friend of mine! that bird from the bangles is still top of the female bass players tho...

CraigMac
18-05-2005, 07:44 PM
That bird out of the Who was quite good too,Janice Entwhistle..... but she had a bit to much hair around her mouth for my liking.

Regards

crust
18-05-2005, 07:52 PM
Was it one of these groups?

Pirates

I saw them at the Half Moon in putney last month, still going strong

:) Crust

A Yerbury
18-05-2005, 08:02 PM
That bird out of the Who was quite good too,Janice Entwhistle..... but she had a bit to much hair around her mouth for my liking.

Regards

that bird out of level 42 was quite nice ( a bit butch for my taste but a true "fingersmith")

dean
18-05-2005, 08:03 PM
Did the Blow Monkeys used to have a female bass player?

no,it was a geezer, a chap named mick. cant remember his second name

CraigMac
18-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Mrs Mark King.....superb!!

Also played bass on "video killed the radio star"......sorry level 42 anorak stuff...

A Yerbury
18-05-2005, 08:11 PM
apparently she had her mits insured for a hundred pounds or something?

CraigMac
18-05-2005, 08:15 PM
I know we are going a little off target here, but if you like Mrs Kings, bass slapping, then I suggest you take a listen of an album by Mrs Stanley Clarke called "Schooldays".....late 70s early 80's

Check it out man....as the yoofs might say....

dean
18-05-2005, 08:18 PM
i think this thread serves as evidence to any one out there that suspect that monster owners are a little bit queer.

any club that has a sixties popster as a member is spot on!

p.s i think the who lost it when their religeous fanatic drummer, keith moonie,went over to the dark side. he then caught a socially unacceptable STD.
Althought this was the inspiration behind their classic third album
"star warts, revenge of the sif"

dean
18-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Bobby McFerrin

he could play bass with his cheeks!,whilst at the same time giving a virtuoso piano sample from his nostrils

you dont think he's the bloke down in kent wandering around with all his lapels cut off?

CraigMac
18-05-2005, 08:25 PM
But without all the going round the houses..bit...I used to be in a band with Mr Duffy from the Cult.....
Twas some years ago now....Johnny Marr, from the Smiths used to hang around as well....

What a name dropper!!.....Now wheres my trumpet.....

Didge
18-05-2005, 08:31 PM
[QUOTE=dean]i think this thread serves as evidence to any one out there that suspect that monster owners are a little bit queer.

QUOTE]

Oooh! Speak for yourself dear. Some of us may be a little camp at times, but it doesn't mean we're raving queens.

Didge
18-05-2005, 08:33 PM
Now wheres my trumpet.....

Well, I certainly know where mine is. Anyone want to give it a blow?

A Yerbury
18-05-2005, 08:38 PM
I know we are going a little off target here, but if you like Mrs Kings, bass slapping, then I suggest you take a listen of an album by Mrs Stanley Clarke called "Schooldays".....late 70s early 80's

Check it out man....as the yoofs might say....

yes, ms Stanley clarke, my father is a jazzer (as the kids say) on long car journeys it was all da da da- da de dar, da de da- da darrr. I think school days was her best though............

A Yerbury
18-05-2005, 08:41 PM
But without all the going round the houses..bit...I used to be in a band with Mr Duffy from the Cult.....
Twas some years ago now....Johnny Marr, from the Smiths used to hang around as well....

What a name dropper!!.....Now wheres my trumpet.....

was that the band with aki who later formed fun da mental? you have probably met my friends mark and geoff aka zodiac and cobalt. without wishing to name drop having dj d for them and humped marshalls I am now an honurary member of the love reaction...i have the txt msg to prove it!

regards.
Alex.
ps they are both a bit chubby these days.

dean
18-05-2005, 08:44 PM
having dj d for them and humped marshalls I am now an honurary member of the love reaction.

wow alex, you do suffer for you art.

i wasnt aware they had military protection, they must be right famous.

CraigMac
18-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Alex,
I was a mere yoof..Billy joined a Manchester punk band."Slaughter and the Dogs" and then moved to that london to seek fame and fortune...which he did...teaming up with Mr Astbury....

Regards..

A Yerbury
18-05-2005, 08:47 PM
it was "all part of the contract" (to quote Josph Heller) does your good lady wife not have you humping her mighty organ? or does she have servants for that sort of thing? or a machine?

A Yerbury
18-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Alex,
I was a mere yoof..Billy joined a Manchester punk band."Slaughter and the Dogs" and then moved to that london to seek fame and fortune...which he did...teaming up with Mr Astbury....

Regards..

....all the boot boys gone, I remember.

CraigMac
18-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Alex,
Cobalt and Zodiac were quite handy with the old pugil stick as I recall....

CraigMac
18-05-2005, 08:51 PM
Alex you know some stuff...well done..

Dean, do you know anyone famous.....Aled Jones.....that young opera bird...Shirly Bassy....and the like....???

A Yerbury
18-05-2005, 08:56 PM
they were indeed, I (almost) recall many a happy evening watching trojan, cobalt, evil b astard and zod beating one another with their fleshy batons.

Read "kill me again" by mark manning, very funny on the road anecdotes about finding weapons shops in texas, having a few shandies then attacking one another with crossbows and samurai swords...rock n roll eh.
fond regards
Alex.
ps cobalt is now an IT manager for a market research firm in that london.

cheeky monkey
18-05-2005, 08:58 PM
was that the band with aki who later formed fun da mental? you have probably met my friends mark and geoff aka zodiac and cobalt. without wishing to name drop having dj d for them and humped marshalls I am now an honurary member of the love reaction...i have the txt msg to prove it!

regards.
Alex.
ps they are both a bit chubby these days.
is humping marshalls aloud ? or will you get red flagged :eek:

A Yerbury
18-05-2005, 08:59 PM
nik the beano knew peter of "peter and the test tube babies" how cool is that!?

yours
banned from the forums/pubs.
Alex

A Yerbury
18-05-2005, 08:59 PM
is humping marshalls aloud ? or will you get red flagged :eek:

not aloud,but if you are very quiet they don't seem to mind.

dean
18-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Alex you know some stuff...well done..

Dean, do you know anyone famous.....Aled Jones.....that young opera bird...Shirly Bassy....and the like....???
well it's funny you should say that....

adult photo here by the way, charlotte has approved, i checked.

perhaps others wont though!

adult photo?,me,with my reputation?.

CraigMac
18-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Have you got any pics of Aled!!

Charlotte has quite big eyes, I never noticed that before!!

A Yerbury
18-05-2005, 09:13 PM
most informative dean thanks, I was surprised by the twin gothic steeples? if any one would like to post further pictures of architectural marvels please do.
all the best.
Alex.
ps it may be wise to pull that off (not in that way) before the grown ups see it! 30 days in the wilderness is quite a chore!

dean
18-05-2005, 09:15 PM
apparently since aled's niags have dropped the singing gig isnt' what it used to be. he made the transition(in the same way that his predecessors like secombe,cobain did) to presenting songs of praise etc. then he did the working mens clubs but they didnt much go for a baritone doing walking in the air.

the good news is that, now he is a man he is finally allowed to work in adult movies, which he has been doing successefully for the last two years. hence his new name "bones jones"

i've not seen any of his work myself though.

A Yerbury
18-05-2005, 09:28 PM
I am glad aled has found suitable employment, whatever became of the big icy fellow? no doubt he will soon appear on "hells comeback celebrity cook off and detox island"

swalk
Alex.

nik_the_brief
19-05-2005, 07:53 AM
nik the beano knew peter of "peter and the test tube babies" how cool is that!?

yours
banned from the forums/pubs.
Alex

I played 5 aside football against them (badly) many years ago.

Also Fatty "Buster" Bloodvessel once gave me an ice cube! :D

Dave in USA
19-05-2005, 02:32 PM
"Buster" Bloodvessel once gave me an ice cube! :D

He live's on a barge in the Hayes Marina.... :eek:

Alvin Stardust used to live on the Uxbridge Road in Stanmore, had a BMW 3.0 CSL...the proper lightweight one... :D

Dave

spacemonkey
19-05-2005, 05:45 PM
He live's on a barge in the Hayes Marina.... :eek:

Not any more he doesn't. Last time i saw him was on my slab last year...

****, have i missed Bad Charlotte au natrel? Ps, do you think she is related to Julio Iglese??

A Yerbury
19-05-2005, 05:52 PM
what were his insides like? he did have a very unhealthy diet and sedantry life style?
Alex "saw bones" yerbury
ps charlote was quite something.

Fodder
19-05-2005, 06:13 PM
According to this dated feb 05 http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/yorkslincs/series7/buster_bloodvessel.shtml
he is now skinny and healthy.
It's going to be hard to this dead..... http://www.ents24.com/web/festival.html?venueid=35598
mmm would'nt mind going to that to see the Blockheads, fantastic musicians ;)
Is there enough space for two Buster bloodvessels?

spacemonkey
19-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Now I'm bloody confused. The geezer on the slab did indeed look like The Big One, although not as huge as i would have thought. The branch, and a musically knowledgable geezer in the workshop said it was he, and indeed, Hayes is on our manor. Last year? This year? Been a busy time so not quite so sure, but it was cold at the time, so deffo winter, and his real name rings a bell. I'll check my files tomorrow if I have time. Maybe it might have been a brother??? I'll get back to you on this one... I know I'm good at my job, but they generally stay in the coffin afterwards, let alone do a gig....

spacemonkey
19-05-2005, 08:17 PM
Ps, regarding the Ms Church pictograms-I do have email.... ;)

dean
19-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Ps, regarding the Ms Church pictograms-I do have email.... ;)

i am sorry but after buch brow beating from the establishemnt i have decided to remove the offending church.

although, it is fair to say that,aesthetically speaking, she does have wonderous orbs of almost religious proportions.

spacemonkey
22-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Have you been peeking over the fence then and got some spy shots?