PDA

View Full Version : Bling Bling Beatrice...

A Yerbury
16-05-2005, 11:05 PM
Hello Dolly,
well, I saw these earlier and thought of you and the hobbit...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10448&item=7974914425&rd=1

they are currently 69 pounds (no smut please) I think they look quite flash? in a good way.

Yours.
Benny.x

ps have a look at his other items, some nice valve covers. The sales patter is a bit "eye catcher"

Lost Again
17-05-2005, 11:37 AM
pretty funky.
all i need now is £69. not much chance at the minute tho, down to my emergency fiver until i get paid next wed and my cars just eaten a CV joint. Nuts.

manc skank
17-05-2005, 12:09 PM
hmmmmm... very nice.... tick tick. will only fit monsters 600/750 up to 1997 tho...

JMo
17-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Hee hee - they do look rather good, in a slightly flashy way as you say x

I'm really liking the porthole effect on each end - shame they won't fit the later engine... but I bet Norrie has just had a pant explosion seeing those!

xxx

Albie
17-05-2005, 12:24 PM
but I bet Norrie has just had a pant explosion seeing those!

xxx

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D
oh my gord !!!!!

DesmoDog
17-05-2005, 12:34 PM
Mien gott! I think I'm going to be buying some "shadow black" bits from our German friend.

Lost Again
17-05-2005, 12:36 PM
Euuwwwww.

I don't wanna read about pant explosions when I'm eating double chocolate chip cookies instead of working. I'm a really sensative person and you've just put me off my early afternoon snack. no choice now but to do some work...

norrie
17-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Yeah there cool and I have just CAME back from the toilet if you pardon the pun but I have already got polished covers.
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/gillsducatimonster/images/6-picture1.gif?0.5086392676737139

Norrie.

DesmoDog
17-05-2005, 03:42 PM
Are the standard cam belt covers polishable, was that a standard big round thing before polishing (with Ducati on it)? Is that English?

spacemonkey
17-05-2005, 06:07 PM
Polished? That's no good. Do they do them in dirty, salty, oily, peeley paintey effect? If so we could be on to a winner...

JMo
17-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Are the standard cam belt covers polishable, was that a standard big round thing before polishing (with Ducati on it)? Is that English?

Des you loon - that is the engine casing (wet clutch) that is polished!

The early belt covers were aluminium, so yes, you could polish them (presume that's what Norrie had done?) - but from late 90's onwards they are plastic...

xxx

A Yerbury
17-05-2005, 08:53 PM
hmm out of principle I never disagree with a lady I am infatuated with... although on this occasion I think the logos and stamped d s are a bit special? I may be wrong! some odd things leave that factory on occasion re "what forks are these etc..." you could polish yours Des but one needs to keep on top of it -as norrie will attest.

Jen. spoke to geoff/jeff at Baines, very helpful but had "bits and pieces" and I would neeed to take mine down for a match/mis match and would still be a bit pricey, tempted by the newer forks of which ebay has 2, but that means caliper, spindle, bearing, a quick bleed, and a newer fender (which would need to be painted) there is an earlier style like mine, semi adjustable at the bottom (900).......but its a fourche (France) Ironic as Alanis Morrisette would have it, where I'm standing it's just a pain in the bum.

Alex.
ps he had another very vented cover with port holes with (smeegal) blue edges? was this the one you meant?

JMo
18-05-2005, 08:16 AM
hmm out of principle I never disagree with a lady I am infatuated with... although on this occasion I think the logos and stamped d s are a bit special? I may be wrong! some odd things leave that factory on occasion re "what forks are these etc..." you could polish yours Des but one needs to keep on top of it -as norrie will attest.

Indeed - he does seem to have fancy logos etched into the ends - perhaps Norrie will reveal how/where? (maybe he knows an engraver or something)...

tempted by the newer forks of which ebay has 2, but that means caliper, spindle, bearing, a quick bleed, and a newer fender (which would need to be painted)

And a wheel of course too (if yours are the older style with the thin axle/fatter spokes)...

ps he had another very vented cover with port holes with (smeegal) blue edges? was this the one you meant?

Nooooooo - two-tone is soooooo tacky!

xxx

A Yerbury
18-05-2005, 05:08 PM
"Nooooooo - two-tone is soooooo tacky!"

unless it's a seat cover in which case it's Irony?! perhaps they are borderline gsxr shiny chavness.....

JMo
18-05-2005, 06:32 PM
unless it's a seat cover in which case it's Irony?!

Exactly! - who are we to critisise Nature's sense of the asthetic?

perhaps they are borderline gsxr shiny chavness.....

Just like coloured engine bolts... blugh...

xxx

A Yerbury
18-05-2005, 06:50 PM
Nature has bestowed upon thy fair self much that is aesthetically pleasing, if I were to critiCise though.........

AY.xyz.
ps so the wheel is different as well? jeez......I have a place in mcn that rechromes (locally) and there are a couple of broken monsters in mcn this week, onwards and sideways etc....

JMo
18-05-2005, 07:02 PM
Nature has bestowed upon thy fair self much that is aesthetically pleasing, if I were to critiCise though.........

Sir, you have an eagle's eye indeed - and were you to possess the tongue of a cow, I feel we would already be on much more friendly terms... x

BTW. Oxford spell it with a Z - how dreadfully American of them...

I must away now and fan my tortured brow...

Adu.

xxx

A Yerbury
18-05-2005, 07:07 PM
cow tongue graft booked for next week......yes I saw the z!? itz like da whole wurld iz goin crazee.
Alex.
ps I have even ordered a "dummies guide to topiary" howz dat 4 dedikashun?!

crust
18-05-2005, 07:41 PM
sorry to be the bearer of bad news but re-chroming might not be that easy.

or rather, getting the fork bottoms (the ally bits) off the shiny bits can be a real pig of a job.

On most upside downers they're screwed in, the threads are sealed with loctite and sometimes just to really make life fun, there's a small grub screw.

You need a pair of vee clamps or semi circular clamps to hold the steel leg whilst you unscrew the ally bottom.

It can be done but its not easy, which is just as well as you wouldn't want them coming off.

Its not all bad though, I'm led to believe that you can use either wheel with either spindle by changing bearings. - You'd have to check that with Baines or someone to be sure.

I was speaking to the man at Pro Twins who had s/h forks left over from rich persons upgrading their forks to new super dooper ones, might be of use.

:) Crust

A Yerbury
18-05-2005, 07:45 PM
thanks crust, stu and baines hinted at similar, ie its just the bearing and not the whole wheel, I did think mine were marzo but the guy in france is selling showa and they look the same (apart from the lower adjustment) quite a long lower bit (how technical) with about 5 cryptic symbols up the inside...