PDA

View Full Version : headlight

OgriUK
15-05-2005, 11:10 PM
neednt be off a monster, as long as its the same sorta thing, nice big round headlight..if it is a genyoowine monster one though a screen would be nice too :D

ericdy
22-05-2005, 04:02 PM
Have you tried Motobins, the guys on this forum referred me onto them for replacement headlamp glass for my monster which fit perfectly. they sell BMW parts but some are interchangeable, like the glass.

crust
22-05-2005, 04:08 PM
How about these

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/catalogue/product_detail.asp?PCODE=BIKHLU7B&GRP=MCC05&PGRP=MCP019&CLS=MCYCLE&code=BIKHLU7&from=search

:) Crust

A Yerbury
22-05-2005, 04:09 PM
the official item is about 150 english poooonds! I was given half of one from Betty O 'donnell and got the other bits of ebay where they go for abot 20-40 quid. mandp busters etc do bog standard in chrome or black for under 30 quid.
motobins sell the glass but not the shell/reflector (I think)

Alex.

OgriUK
23-05-2005, 12:08 AM
bought a gen monnie one today with brackets etc for £20 at the bmf, along with a flyscreen(but no screen)and loadsa bits for me zx9r :)
now need a screen if anyones got one..

Byron Kauffman
23-05-2005, 03:35 AM
Hey Ogri;

Just for future info the BMW R90 R100 uses the same Bosch headlight as the Monster and can be had in whole or parts for a better price than from Ducati.

I may have the screen from my bike available. It wasnt on the bike when it was hit so it didnt go with the bike. I am waiting to be sure everything is clear and then it could be available. it is pearl gray and would need painted in your bike color but is perfect.
If you dont find one in the next month let me know.

Byron

A Yerbury
23-05-2005, 07:45 AM
Richard_S took the screen off his, new condition black. he might/probably will sell it. It is currently lurking in my shed (the screen not Richard) I just have to locate it...
Alex.

OgriUK
23-05-2005, 08:16 AM
:)
thanx blokes, much appreciated.
hoping to start work on frankenstein tonight ifn i finish work in time..an im painting the whole shebang satin/matt black when its done so's colour aint important :)

nik_the_brief
23-05-2005, 08:48 AM
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~paso/parts.htm#Mirror

OgriUK
24-05-2005, 08:45 AM
by christ thats a handy site!
thanks mate :)
in the end didnt use monnie headlight as zx9r indicators went better on the yamaha one i got which is same size, plus back of light hadta be cut to accept ign/steering lock gubbins an the yam item already had a hole innit..hoping to get some connectors today and get brackets for clocks made up tonight as wed night nipping over to leicester to see karen onnit..went to see her on s4r sunday after bmf and got hailed and stormed on...have never, ever,EVER attracted as much bad weather as i have on that duke since i haddit.....
so another two hours cleaning it last night before i started on the nine.. :( still not that bothered about selling it though, but if i ever do put it in mcn will advertise it as.."immaculate, never used in the dry...." :D