PDA

View Full Version : Fuel air mixture

cammy
15-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Wondering if anybody has used the Gunson Air Fuel monitor which I have seen in Halfords. Does anyone have any feedback on this machine for setting your air fuel mixture.

Cheers,
Cammy

restin
19-05-2005, 02:49 PM
I have one and have used it many times to adjust the mixture on my 600 monster.
they work really well. only point I would make is buy the 12mm one for the bike, not the 14mm one with 10 and 12mm adaptors. this type puts the spark so far up the tube with the adaptor fitted it does not work as well

cammy
19-05-2005, 08:05 PM
Thanks for your reply. It was the 12mm ones without adaptors I used. When using them I looked down the short tubes to view not the long ones with the mirror on the end and found it was quite hard to see the colour. Also, with my head near the plug cap, looking down the tube I got a fright when the spark jumped from that to me, so maybe have to have another go with them. The Gunson machine which I seen has a tube like for cars that goes in the exhaust and has a pump which draws the exhaust fumes out and through the machine and gives you a reading as a percentage. I manually put them back to roughly what they were before and had a good run on it on Sunday.