PDA

View Full Version : m600....... carbs and stuff

peteS4
13-05-2005, 03:31 PM
now i remember people use to put the gsxr1100 carbs onto the 750 model to give it more power..... well has anyone ever put 750 or 900 crabs on a m600 to get more juice in and there fore get more power !!!!!

Zimbo
13-05-2005, 03:55 PM
As far as i know the same carb is used on all the models, with just the jets being different to suit different fueling requirements.
Some do fit Kehin flat slide carbs, which does make a big difference, but they're pricy and you need to remove a cross strut from the frame to accomodate them.

manc skank
13-05-2005, 04:53 PM
Some do fit Kehin flat slide carbs, which does make a big difference, but they're pricy and you need to remove a cross strut from the frame to accomodate them.

pricy yes. i still have my cross strut thankyouverymuch. 39mm flat slides on a 750

CK & AK
13-05-2005, 09:43 PM
Zimbo is correct in that the carbs are all the same size (38mm Mikuni's) and its just the jetting is different.
But there again, the other engines have bigger valves & ports, so they allow the engine to breathe better.

If it was that easy tho, I would have a set on my m600 race bike - but there would be no gain - as they are the same size.(I cant touch the ports & valves, under the ruling)

AK, looking for some flatsliders.... offers please by PM ;)

Zimbo
14-05-2005, 05:59 AM
The cross strut removal is to allow installation of much shorter inlet manifolds. One of the major barriers to improving power at higher rpm is the inlet manifold length, they're so long it's difficult to suck volumes of air through them. Fitting shorter ones allows the bike to breathe so much more easily, and makes getting extra bhp a lot easier!
Having said that, just the flatsliders on their own would probably offer an improvement!

manc skank
14-05-2005, 08:40 AM
hmmmm interesting... im picking up Bliksem today, ill have a look see how long her manifolds are, i was under the impression that a longer manifold on carbs like the flatslides and webers et al. was more benficial wrt to torque?

regardless...the flatslides are worth it for the noise they make alone, the rattle at idle and the roar of the intake at wot :D