SAMMYE
12-05-2005, 03:54 PM
He's back and ready for revenge!!! :eek:

SAMMYE
12-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Only joking, Welcome back

Albie
12-05-2005, 11:50 PM
May I just say I had the pleasure of meeting him the other day at the Ace. Welcome back Alex. :D :D

Julie
13-05-2005, 05:28 AM
We all met him at the weekender as well. Nice chap welcome back Yerbs x

gary tompkins
13-05-2005, 07:44 AM
Holy beer mats Batman!! :eek:

You managed to catch Banshee on film buying someone a pint? I think I need a lie down :p Mind you, I guess that's when he was still sober enough to see the bar properly***

*** That would be about 9 p.m. then?

gary tompkins
13-05-2005, 07:49 AM
Hang on - I've just had anothe butchers at the photo, and Banshee may actually be nicking El Yerbos pint of the black stuff?

What is he like? :rolleyes:

DesmoDog
13-05-2005, 08:37 AM
Incredible, still - it goes to show what a bit of lobbying/baby kissing will do. Thinking of becoming a politician Yerbs?

Now, on the basis that Richard was there. When do we see him? Oh no, I just realised I wasn't there. I'll get me coat.

SAMMYE
13-05-2005, 11:02 AM
Well he came online and left without saying anything :confused:

I think he's still feeling a little guilty!

DesmoDog
13-05-2005, 11:06 AM
Guilt? His profile still says banned. A cruel hoax methinks.

Julie
13-05-2005, 11:09 AM
he's not back until sunday ...

Lost Again
13-05-2005, 11:26 AM
According to what fatbloke said yesterday they're both due back sometime this evening. I think they're just keeping it a big secret so they can sneak in and start a random conversation about the merits of a good swiss cheese when everyone least expects it. maybe....

Julie
13-05-2005, 11:32 AM
mr yerbs told me he isnt back until 9.31pm on the 15th....

Lost Again
13-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Fair do's. In the mean time he has been supplying me with some damn useful information regarding paint techniques. He's been trying to persaude me what colour the bike should be as well but thats going to have to be a surprise for next years weekender I think.

DesmoDog
13-05-2005, 11:46 AM
That's funny - he was telling me about a colourscheme too. How can you not expect a good swiss cheese?

Kev Bunney
13-05-2005, 11:54 AM
mr yerbs told me he isnt back until 9.31pm on the 15th....

Nice to know an exact time, then I`ll know exactly when to Quit the forum, will pop on at 21 27 to wish you all farewell.

SAMMYE
13-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Well maybe Ive just grassed him then :eek:

CraigMac
13-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Sammye,
Having had a taste of the punishment.....You are still allowed to come onto the site and your name shows up that you are "on".(not in a lady kind of way) But you are not allowed to post.....
Thats why you may have seen his name up on here.....its a bit like an ASBO and a gagging order, all rolled into one!!!

So there you have it.....

Regards

nik_the_brief
13-05-2005, 01:01 PM
Nice to know an exact time, then I`ll know exactly when to Quit the forum, will pop on at 21 27 to wish you all farewell.

Seems like a bit of an extreme reaction to me Kev, surely you could just put Alex on your ignore list or summat.

You don't have to read his threads, surely there's room for everyone here whatever their opinions as long as they're Monster owners. Gotta say that there are probably not many of us here who would do a Yerbury and move country simply in order to keep on the road on their Monnie.

What about a little 'live and let live' attitude from ya? Just a suggestion.

SAMMYE
13-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Seems like a bit of an extreme reaction to me Kev, surely you could just put Alex on your ignore list or summat.

You don't have to read his threads, surely there's room for everyone here whatever their opinions as long as they're Monster owners. Gotta say that there are probably not many of us here who would do a Yerbury and move country simply in order to keep on the road on their Monnie.

Gotta agree! He has done his "time" rightly or wrongly, he has helped me and many many others countless times with all sorts of things, arguably as much as or if not more than anybody on this forum,

I only really posted because I was genuinely pleased to see him back.

Kev Bunney
13-05-2005, 02:35 PM

Maybe, the trouble is that, for some reason I was the main target for the insults and abuse, I come on here for enjoyment and the "two Amigo`s" make it more of a punishment, as for the ignore thing, thats all well and good, the problem is that one or the other, or both, are in EVERY thread so you just get chunks of the conversation missing, with regards to the moving country thing, well, the reason for that say`s everything really, thanks for your concern, if that`s what it is, but I don`t think there`s quite enough room in this country for the both of us ;)

CraigMac
13-05-2005, 02:52 PM
Kev,
You seem like a nice fella to me....I dont mean that in a gaylord way.....but im sure that its not beyond you to give a little back, if its dished out your way!!
There is absolutley no need to take your bat and ball home, this site is full of light hearted banter just take it as that.....and give some back, I dont think you have been victimised by Mr Yerbs, but if you feel that you have, then you should sort the matter out between yourselves.
Walking off the pitch will not solve the issue.
Regards
Craig.

nik_the_brief
13-05-2005, 02:54 PM
Ya cynic Kev, it was indeed concern. I can't understand why people here can't get on more easily than they appear to at times. The whole issue seemed to boil down to a lack of understanding of people's respective points of view by both sides.

Alex and Richard are (in my experience) nice guys (despite occasional disparaging posts) and I'm sure that any insults were intended in the spirit of good natured humour rather than as direct personal attacks.

I was tempted to believe that you didn't have a sense of humour but then remembered that you're a Leicester City fan so you must have... :D

dean
13-05-2005, 02:59 PM
i would just like to put my two penneth in.

I dont know where, i just would.

thank you.

Kev Bunney
13-05-2005, 03:08 PM
i would just like to put my two penneth in.

I dont know where, i just would.

thank you.

Put it in a slot machine, you might turn it into a quid :)

Banshee
13-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Yerb and the young kid have given me more sh*t than anyone but its only sh*t, it wipes off.... Thought it was the whole idea to get rat arsed, but no it was only me. :rolleyes:

Lookin forward to my personal spell check cummin back.

A new ball game now they have faces and bikes.

See you after 24 (sky one) chaps.

Tigerlily
13-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Back to the thread ;)

Welcome back Alex, the place just isn't the same without you!

Tigerlily
13-05-2005, 10:39 PM
Holy beer mats Batman!! :eek:

You managed to catch Banshee on film buying someone a pint? I think I need a lie down :p

Ooh that's a bit harsh Gary! lol

One thing I can say about Banshee is his heart is in the right place - his idea of a thank-you (for sorting out a computer problem) was insisting on buying a bottle of Champers for me and Rabbit!

I can't even remember how many drinks he bought us on Saturday night!

I can't fault Bansh - he's a good bloke!* :D

*just a little excitable with one too many beers ;)

A Yerbury
14-05-2005, 08:44 AM
thanks for all your letters of support, fiscal donations, and soiled underwear...I ventured into the desert, had a chat with a lion and a bit of a think. I was starting to lead a productive and social existence for a while.....I shall be heading down to windsor later to hook up with part 2 of the dynamic duo (or tweedle dumm-yes Kev, you can leave now...!) may be at the ace for an overpriced cup of the brown stuff, sunday (early) afternoon.

Alex.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

ps on a monster tip if you let your forks run dry your entire being will vibrate (and not in a nice way) up to 20 minutes after dismounting, and the little reflector/hat/bent saucepan thing will rattle itself loose.

pps Jenny (Bea) you are officially my favourite new person.

queen_gpants
14-05-2005, 09:33 AM
Welcome back Alex! Not been on here for a while myself, spending a quiet Saturday morning trudging through 9 pages of new posts and wondered why you hadn't posted?

Looks like I've returned at the right time, so are you back in good old sunny UK for good now then?

xx

Rabbit
14-05-2005, 10:22 AM
Welcome back Alex

A Yerbury
14-05-2005, 11:37 AM
I am probably back in the uk for good, bad or worse for a while...it is a bit crowded here after yer France tho.... nice to hear from you celeste, as I say may be in town with mr Sellers on Sunday assuming the drugs and champagne have been flushed through my biometrically enhanced kidneys.
Alice.x

ps here is a picture of a pretentious young man and one in matrix pantone green for Beatrice Potty Totty.

JMo
14-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Benign like cancer, infectious like a plage!

Bened ick dahling - are U taking the pee out of Banshee's spelling already?

Good to see you're home safe x

xxx

A Yerbury
14-05-2005, 12:53 PM
How remiss of me! however if I am to be corrected I can think of no fairer maid! As far as Mark is concerned...... I fear the chap is something of a lost cause -and pity the poor peasant, not only has he his reflection to contend with but a wit as stunted as his stature. Bless.

Alex.xxx

queen_gpants
14-05-2005, 02:51 PM
Alex what's going on with your front wheel in the photo?

Are you back somewhere local now then? Staying in tomorrow to watch the racing but might be free in the week if you fancy a coffee at the Ace?

JMo
15-05-2005, 08:01 AM
I fear the chap is something of a lost cause -and pity the poor peasant, not only has he his reflection to contend with but a wit as stunted as his stature.

Bened ick dear - prey thee be not too harsh on the fellow... he may be a hapless wit, but he is a happy soul.

Should we not envy such a man who's knavery is so simple, yet so memorable? Consider if you will the upcoming trackday where he may indeed again fall foul of his japery - a fool and his Monny are easily parted...

Til the morrow my dear...

xxx

CraigMac
15-05-2005, 09:27 AM
Alex,
Where did you purchase the Musk spray, it seems to have worked very well, is it that old favourite "Esscence of Armpit"?
I take it that you gave the bar area at the weekender, a liberal dosing, with a trail leading to yourself....The Ladies certainley seem to luurve it, you seem to getting more offers than a thing that normally gets lots of offers........well done!!

Nice to see you back and on top form.

Regards

Craig.

A Yerbury
15-05-2005, 11:05 AM
hey craig, hey, y'know women are people too y'know? just speak to them a bit, they love all that. Most of all don't get scared! once they smell the fear on you......well one is well and truly sans paddle.

Musk? Bulgari black, us voodoo types swear by it, although Allure works quite well.

take care peaches, I may be about later for more top tips
Alex.
ps what about the front wheel he screeches? as mech paranoia kicks in.....

Nonnie
15-05-2005, 06:41 PM
mr alex and mr richard

how lovely to meet u both.

had a laugh and so on

forever in mr sellers debt for rescuing me from my plight of no money and even worse, limited fags.

take care and see u soon

xx

A Yerbury
15-05-2005, 07:06 PM
I am glad you enjoyed the "and so on" bit, that took weeks of rehersal and was a bugger to insure.
Alex.xxx

A Yerbury
15-05-2005, 07:12 PM
"a fool and his Monny are easily parted..." enough of your fine wit young lady, I am now so fond of you it hurts.
Alex.xxx

CraigMac
15-05-2005, 07:32 PM
Your time in France was spent well, you seem to have come over all " Slasher Distillery", that good looking, French singing bloke, He was also great with the ladies, so im led to believe.

No wonder Kev's a bit miffed!!

Regards
Craig.

DesmoDog
16-05-2005, 11:02 AM
A dapper pose, a devilish grin - all you need is a rapier and you will be complete! Welcome back kiddo!

A Yerbury
16-05-2005, 11:25 AM
thank you Karl, my life is missing a Hatori Hanzo......Craig I am sure that Slasher Distillery was in fact born in Stoke on Trent? he went on to conquor the world of Rock with Guns and something and is now keeping things real with the Velvet Revolvers.
Alex.

ps what kind of a name is "Casey Casem" ????

nik_the_brief
16-05-2005, 11:31 AM
ps what kind of a name is "Casey Casem" ????

Wasn't he the bloke who did Shaggy's voice in the original Scooby Doo series?

DesmoDog
16-05-2005, 11:32 AM
Casey casen, of bad jumpers, benign smile, and terrible syrupy stories in the middle of the chart rundown fame. Now coming to you on Radio 2 in the guise of some Canadian bloke that used to be on Radio 1. "Kid" Jensen?

CraigMac
16-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Desmo,
Are you you getting a little muddled with your Canadians....surely you mean Jaques Vile-nerve, the racing driver.... and Jensen Button.....whose dad invented the "Ronco Buttoneer" which was a really handy device for attaching buttons if you didn't have a needle and cotton....He also invented the "Fuzz o Matic" which used to remove the fuzz off your jumper......Casy used one all the time!!!

He also has Nylon hair!!

Regards

Craig.

A Yerbury
16-05-2005, 11:50 AM
this is all going a bit "habberdashery corner" .....not a complaint, meerly an observation.

Alex the velcro kid.

ps I think I spelt meerly wrong, apologies all round.

CK & AK
16-05-2005, 12:53 PM
I think I spelt meerly wrong, apologies all round.

apology accepted - you must try harder :p or you will be merely sitting on the sidelines :lol: :lol:

A Yerbury
16-05-2005, 12:57 PM
ck you nit! thanks, I learn each day.........

dean
16-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Wasn't he the bloke who did Shaggy's voice in the original Scooby Doo series?

Yes, Casey Casem was in fact the original voice of raggy.

He managed to do a lot in his early career, but bear in mind the scooby series was not hugely popular when it first came out so Casem would only normally record on a monthly basis, whereby he would be unavailable to do "americas top ten". Hence the term, "on the rag".

Thank you.

nik_the_brief
16-05-2005, 01:25 PM
Yes, Casey Casem was in fact the original voice of raggy.

He managed to do a lot in his early career, but bear in mind the scooby series was not hugely popular when it first came out so Casem would only normally record on a monthly basis, whereby he would be unavailable to do "americas top ten". Hence the term, "on the rag".

Thank you.

"On the rag" - yes I've heard the expression used by some of the more modern young ladies. I assumed that it had something to do with University japes - Rag Week I think it's called. Sounds positively terrifying.

Strangely the women who mentioned being 'on the rag' all had very short tempers.

CraigMac
16-05-2005, 01:40 PM
The term that I have heard used is "Ive got the painters in"....???
Could this have something to do with that 80's decorating technique of "Rag Rolling" walls to give slightly differing paint finishes, a kind of mottled effect.

On a simeler note, I heard of a gynocologist who used to decorate his hallway through the letterbox!

Regards.

A Yerbury
16-05-2005, 01:47 PM
yeah...so er, ummm that scrappy doo eh!? he was crazy! I wonder who did his voice?

nik_the_brief
16-05-2005, 01:50 PM
yeah...so er, ummm that scrappy doo eh!? he was crazy! I wonder who did his voice?

Ha ha Yerbs, how galling to be the subject of a thread that gets hijacked eh!!

850+ views though, some people out there have strong enough feelings about you to view though - I'm not sure however if that's necessarily a good thing.

dean
16-05-2005, 01:53 PM
i think scrapy might also have been casem, but on helium.

i think the series took a turn for the worse when they introduced scooby's "nephew" in to the script (i mean, nephew, everybody could see the homo-erotic undertones). The idea of two same sex short haired irish wolfhounds cohabiting was just beyond the pale.

nik_the_brief
16-05-2005, 01:55 PM

i think the series took a turn for the worse when they introduced scooby's "nephew" in to the script (i mean, nephew, everybody could see the homo-erotic undertones). The idea of two same sex short haired irish wolfhounds cohabiting was just beyond the pale.

Since pedantry is my middle name I'd like to point out that Scooby was a Great Dane (some would also say that about Brigitte Neilson but each to their own huh!).

A Yerbury
16-05-2005, 01:56 PM
It is, but I try not to worry about these things......I am currently employed as a painter and I took the day off, thus the the painters are out. Not funny but 100% true, which counts for something surely?

dean
16-05-2005, 01:57 PM
thanks nik, well that explains. those scaninavians. so permissive.

dean
16-05-2005, 01:59 PM
Alex

if you want to speak the truth, there are other threads on this site where you can talk about forks and the like(apparently)

please keep it surreal here.

thank you.

nik_the_brief
16-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Can we not discuss forks here then?

I was off to get a Spear and Jackson for my garden and half a dozen extras for the kitchen (well you know how it is when you've a dishwasher - never enough cutlery).

A Yerbury
16-05-2005, 02:01 PM

I may get banned for this (it's a tad libelous) but I recall Natty Boy saying he enjoyed watching "godzuki" ?! He was a similarly helium voiced turd with peculiar anatomical proportions......Godzuki, not Natty boy obviously....this being polite lark is very tricky! crikey....

love and rockets.
Alex.

dean
16-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Godzuki, Scrappy etc. i think it is wrong to introduce one's off spring in to any show or situation and therefore clearly exploit them for any attempt to currey favour or get acceptance from ghostly internet acquaintences is just the depth of bad taste.

signed
Dean & apprentices.

A Yerbury
16-05-2005, 02:48 PM
speaking of child labour I hope the luke situation has now been sorted.

wish you were here,
Lexy.

CraigMac
16-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Dean,
Whilst walking into the office this morning, a young lad came up to me and said.."it is cold in dubrovnik at this time of year" and then handed me an attache case......

Do you have anything to do with this??

Regards

A Yerbury
16-05-2005, 03:32 PM
whilst walking into the office this morning, a middle aged gentleman wearing a black polo-neck asked me if I was up for some "fun" ?? he looked a bit like the late not so great Robert Palmer?

Bob Dixon, do you have anything to do with this?

DesmoDog
16-05-2005, 03:50 PM
I was off to get a Spear and Jackson for my garden and half a dozen extras for the kitchen.

So what are you filming in the kitchen? Is it a horror? most of my horror stories revolve around the kitchen, well the consumption of wine begins and generally ends there anyway.

queen_gpants
17-05-2005, 08:45 PM
ps what about the front wheel he screeches? as mech paranoia kicks in.....

Don't worry me just being blonde for a change! :confused:

A Yerbury
17-05-2005, 08:56 PM
we all have blonde moments, yesterday I put cornflakes in the fridge.
Alex.