PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Sporting Club trackday - and see Phoenix race

lizzie
11-05-2005, 04:26 PM
Hi all

As some of you already know, the DSC are holding a trackday at Snetterton on Saturday 25 June.

This opportunity has arisen as part of the 24 hour endurance race weekend being organised by the KRC, the first ever 24 hour motorcycle race in the UK. Their race doesn't start until mid-Saturday afternoon, so there's so time just begging to be filled beforehand! We've thus managed to slot in a mini-endurance round of the DSC Desmo Due series, in which your very own Phoenix is starring, but between the racer's timed practices and the Desmo Due race, there is still time available.

So what we've done is to organise a trackday with 2 groups and 5 sessions out on track, keeping 20 minute slots and scrapping the lunch break. That means you would be getting 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off x 5 between about 10.30am and 2pm (exact times to be confirmed; obviously the briefing would mean you would need to be there earlier than that though). Hopefully you would then want to stay on to support Phoenix or any of the other UKMOC members and watch the Desmo Due race (30 minutes) and at least the first few hours of the endurance race, if not the whole 24 hours! Entry to the trackday means you would not need to buy a ticket to watch the racing, thereby saving £12.

A dedicated camping area will be provided on both Friday and Saturday nights and there will be far more facilities than usual at such an event because of the racing - including food stalls, a funfair and more. Lots of the Desmo Due racers - and indeed the KRC racers - will be there on Friday and Saturday nights so why not make a weekend of it?

Cost is £90, including a year's membership of the DSC, with all the benefits that entails. Alternatively, if you are already a DSC member or are pally with an existing DSC member who was prepared to invite you as a guest, the cost would be £70.

This is of course shortly after all the practice some of you at least will be getting at Mallory....

I've attached both the trackday form and the DSC membership form - any queries to me by PM, by email to membership@ducatisportingclub.com or by phone (leave a message if no-one answers) to 01892 545975.

Hope to see you there (though I'll be at Mallory beforehand).

Lizzie