PDA

View Full Version : silmotor performance ecu gubbins

OgriUK
11-05-2005, 12:03 AM
for bike with full dp airbox mod an open pipes which i took off the s4r today and replaced with summat my mate can map(a pc3)
good order but no instructions or owt so you gotta know what your doing(it plugs into just about every sender/sensor on the bike)
have bugger all idea what its worth...
50 squid sound about right?

OgriUK
12-05-2005, 07:43 AM
this issit..will leave it on here for a week then stick it on e bay :)

Stu Wright
13-05-2005, 09:18 PM
You've ripped out an ecu (gubbins as you call it) that was specifically set up for those exhausts on that bike, it cost over £250 new and was imported from Italy from the manufacturers, so that you can fit what (a power commander) oh well done!! If you wanted to change the settings, all you had to do was buy a usb lead to attached to the ecu!!

Happy fiddling!!

OgriUK
15-05-2005, 10:14 PM
blimey!
and there was me thinking that because i 'd handed over more than 6 large for the bike it was mine to do as i please with..

mark brewin at bsd is a genius with both ducatis and power commanders...dynojet flew him to the states to run through their latest rolling road for his input, and he's one of only two in the country who has the latest dynojet dyno.
he mapped for over an hour from dyno runs, then put his own bits in purely from his knowledge of my riding style and how ducatis react to extra fuelling in certain places(ie i like to lug outta bends in a low gear so he loaded it by 25% and fuelled it to match)
he did before and after runs, and with the pc3 increased the peak bhp by 4(though its up by 12 in another part of the curve!), and peak torque by ten...smoothed out all the dips through both curves, and now it tries to rearup and smack me in the face in third on standard gearing.
it was a lovely bike to ride before, now its awesome.
marks actual words were"the silmotor thing looks really clever and works from more sensors than the pc3 but i dont know my way around it..unlike the pc3 which i can do whatever you want with"
so him being my choice of tuner, on my bike, thats what i went with.

you bought the bike brand new, threw some money and bits at it then did 720 miles in a year and flogged it, ive since done 800 more in a month, got to know and love it very well and had it set up exactly how i like it ...so thanks for the "oh well done" it was richly deserved, though mark should have all the credit where credits due

jesus,ive ran everything from harleys to superbikes, and ive met a lotta different types of bikers as such, but i have never come across a marque that seems to attract a minority of people with chips on their shoulders as
much as me duke...and it's really starting to get on me chimes.
just bought a cheap (£1350)zx9r streetfighter, looks like a pile of ****, but handles and stops brilliantly and is a bloody good nekkid bike for a lot less dough than the s4r, think i'll get some more use outta the monster thenmove it on, stick with what i know and understand..

NattyBoy
15-05-2005, 10:35 PM
Yeah..you bloody jap shellsuit riding dodgy bricklayer types...I know your sort... :lol:

Sounds like Marks done a job for you there mate...nice one.. :burnout:

Nat

OgriUK
15-05-2005, 11:07 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yeah he knows his stuff mate.
well pleased
a couple of the lads had a blatt on the monster over the weekend, it opened a few eyes to say the least ;)

rxtim
16-05-2005, 07:19 AM
It is "sweet as"! No more needs to be said.

OgriUK
16-05-2005, 07:29 AM
melts boots tho'tim.. ;)
sorry mate must get some heel guards

im not going to alter my reply to stu as i think you gotta live with what you post, though i was very tired from a weekend of partying, standing quarters on the sat and holding a zx12 flat out most of sunday, so it really gripped my **** much more than it would do normally and i genuinly apologise for my last paragraph if it insults anybody else.
and actually some harley riders are far worse.. :D
thats the bit that got me ..internet bike clubs are marvellous things, but i have always hated this thing where people can be extraordinarily rude to you (which i dont mind in the slightest if its to your face)without having to take whatever consequences, should there be any.
so stu, attack the opinion, not the individual. unless your standing in front of them, then you can say whatever you want...

OgriUK
16-05-2005, 07:32 AM
an the ecu is no longer for sale, will sell it with the bikes or pipe along with the pc3.
tim, well done on the busa this weekend mate, into that headwind that was good going.i gotta lose some weight nex time if i'm gonna run higher gearing again... :( :( :D

rxtim
16-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Cheers Bud, thanks for the spin on the S4R, really sorry about the pipes, hope it comes off.

Fueling on that monster is spot on, no glitches at low revs and sweet all the way through.