PDA

View Full Version : Great Bentley on a wednesday

Paranoid Dave
10-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Its a very popular place to be, now theres a few of us around the neighbourhood, who fancies a meet there and when?

I know Benson is happy to come and play, Nonnie will to (given a lift) and I'm always around. So maybe next week (18th) if the sun is shiny and golden, or does anyone have plans?

For anyone who's not been before, its a village green with hundreds of bikes, a pub, burger stall; all situated off the A133 west of colchester on the way out to Clacton.

benson
10-05-2005, 04:57 PM
:D Hi PD - I think we'd put a provisional date to meet at GB aside for the second Wednesday in June - think it's the 8th but yes to next week as well!

This rather beats the pants off the idea I had of meeting at the **** Turpin :eek: on the 17th so lets do this instead - a far better idea methinks and on the way to the sea! (ships anyone :D ???)

Paranoid Dave
10-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Sorry Benson, I forgot :rolleyes: I knew we'd spoken about a date but totally forgot when it was and as its on every week no harm in doing it more than once. It's why i didn't put a date on this thread and left it for discussion. As the nights get longer the bikes grow in number and sadly the number of monsters there has only ever been pitiful so I'll go armed with UKMOC cards next week IF it's sunny.

Hey Non, will rod be around next wed?

I'm happy to do a darstardly d1ck on a day trip but evening is a bit of a trawl. What you think about doing another sunday run to burnham after lunch at the DT one sunday, maybe when Nonnie's got her arm back?

:D

benson
10-05-2005, 06:39 PM
Sounds like a good plan to me!!! As you say, it's a bit of a pain to trawl a long way if no one else turns up but if it's not pouring down next week count me in for sure :lol:

Just heard from the two who you carded at Veloce on Saturday - Lenny and Londa - both in Norwich so will send them to this site to see if they fancy joining us...

Nonnie - how's the arm??? and if Rod's around next week hope you can make it over - if Ipswich is on my way to great bentley (OK so it would be a good idea to look at a map occasionally) then you can always ride there with me!!!!
Meanwhile happy riding - and here's hoping the sun remembers to stay out!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Nonnie
10-05-2005, 07:46 PM
oh god get me out of the ****ing house and let me feel the wind in my hair!!! im going crazy! rod has been fab and cleaned my house and fed the kids. everything i want and try to do takes 10 times as long even if it is possible!i am distraught because i feel ok but it just wont work! aaarrrggghhhhh!
am hiring a babysitter next wednesday and rod will take me out on emily providing i dont do anything stupid in the meantime!
i miss juan and i miss being with him but pillion will do even if it involves stopping every 20 minutes and using a pillion pal!!!

Paranoid Dave
10-05-2005, 07:57 PM
Thats the spirit Nonnie, just pray for sun now.

Benson - ipswich is 15 miles NORTH of colchester so a bit out of the way to ride into GB. But given an appropriate time I'm sure I/we/they/everyone/someone could meet you on the way in should you get lonely.

Moley
10-05-2005, 08:33 PM
Great Bentley on the 18th instead of the Turpin on the 17th sounds fine to me. Any other views from Essex owners?

bignj
11-05-2005, 08:42 AM
I'll be there, it's only 10mins up the road for me.

Will keep an eye on this thread for any meeting up arrangements.

benson
11-05-2005, 08:24 PM
Let's all pray for rain then and a lot of decent painkillers for Nonnie - what a good chap Rod is!!!!! Hurrah for decent types :D

Meanwhile I am off to find out exactly where it is I am going!!!

:burnout:

Paranoid Dave
11-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Let's all pray for rain then and a lot of decent painkillers for Nonnie - what a good chap Rod is!!!!! Hurrah for decent types :D

Decent types eh, i'd settle for any type.

What sort of time do you think you'd be getting to colchester Benson? I'll try and find somewhere to meet off the A12 and lead you in, unless you fancy finding it by yourself, judging by your expertise in locations I'll see you at 10pm ;)

Nonnie
11-05-2005, 10:09 PM
Dave thats not nice you need to be nice to all the women you possibly can!

benson
11-05-2005, 10:17 PM
:D :D abso-bloomin-lutely Nonnie - he'd better watch himself that young upstart!!!!! :D

Meanwhile, I hope to be leaving here (which is just to the left of London according to my book - oh no :eek: - that's Delia Smith and a recipe for chocolate fudge cake - no wonder I don't know where I am - where did my map go??? :eek: ) So - as I was saying - I hope to be leaving here about 5.30, which should make my ETA (technical term there!!!) Colchester about 6.30 taking into consideration that lovely lovely road the A12 (NOT! :p ) - I know - why don't you suggest somewhere PD and as long as you leave a trail of wool on the floor I should be OK!!! :D :D :D

Meanwhile I've got a headlight and I'm not afraid of the dark :p

xxxxx

Paranoid Dave
11-05-2005, 10:51 PM
Dave thats not nice you need to be nice to all the women you possibly can!

Oi you two, I'm nice to all women, when have I ever been nasty no either of you? I was just saying as someone who doesn't have an 'other' or 'better' half I'm not able to shout hurrah for my decent anyone so would settle for a reasonable or even just an OK type. But if you ask me all women are fantastic ;)

x

Benson I'll work out a place and see you near colchester around that time, I'll get back to you.

benson
12-05-2005, 07:45 AM
Hey PD - just friendly chat mate - you're a star!!!! Meanwhile off to buy a helmet with a headlight like the miners used to have....and one of those maps a la lost again!!!!! :D :D :D

Moley
12-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Benson, could meet up on the A12 near Chelmsford if you like, but I cannot make it prior to 7pm and it seems like you will be running out earlier.

benson
12-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Hello All - I hope to be away from here about 5.30 next week because I am working in Hackney and from home on the Wednesday so I will meander my way in the direction of Great B and see where I end up!!! (No facetious comments please!!!) :cool: :cool: :cool:

Paranoid Dave
12-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Well I'm free from about 5.00 onwards that day so I'm happy to meet anyone anywhere (within reason) or I'll see you all at the pub but be warned they may have run out of burgers by the time you get there. Depends how much of a head start i have on you all ;) Wonder if they do anything with custard :confused: :D

Fingers crossed for an evening like tonight, warm, clear, bright and DRY!

Paranoid Dave
17-05-2005, 04:26 PM
Well the night is neary upon us, the forecast is dry, the bikes are ready and the burger has my name on it, extra cheese please :D

I'm meeting nonnie after work, heading down to GB after that. If anyone wants a ride in let me know otherwise I'll see you there. Take the A12 exit signed for the A120 clacton/harwich, follow the clacton route to the A133 and look very closely for the iddy biddy signs for great bentley. There's a few of them and so many different routes but they all get there. If all else fails just follow the bikes. See you on the green. If you get there and can't find us 07813 407382

Byeeeeeee
PD

Nonnie
17-05-2005, 06:57 PM
yup babysitter booked, leathers ready to go go, apart from my jacket as i cant get my arm through them! doc says my arms a winner and will be out of its prison in 4 weeks!!! yippee!!! til then see u as emilys pillion tomorrow!

Moley
18-05-2005, 05:17 PM
Leaving Chelmsford about 7ish, so hope to see you all there.

benson
18-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Hope you had a great evening folks - really sorry to have missed great bentley - meanwhile that's good news about the arm Nonnie :rolleyes: - hope it continues to heal and get better. Hope Juan isn't missing you too much.. :cool: Hope Emily's driver is fine too!!! :p PD - better make sure you had my burger and custard!!! :o

See you all soon I hope, here's to having a private income and not having to work..... yeah right....

R
xxx

Nonnie
18-05-2005, 09:41 PM
aw i heard u couldnt make it. next time eh? it were fun though.

nonnie (with a private income! :o )

xx

bignj
19-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Nice to meet Dave, Nonnie (and chauffeur) and Moley yesterday. Hope we can get more Monsters down there next time.

Hopefully next time Nonnie's arm will be better so she can bring her bike.

Moley
19-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Yes, good to see you all at GB. Is anyone going there on Wednesday 1st June. Can make it a bit earlier on this day, perhaps in time to buy someone a drink!

Nonnie
19-05-2005, 06:27 PM
well moley, if alcohol is involved......

and i still wont be riding by then so its not like im in charge or anything....and its strictly medicinal.......and.......um.......ive run out of reasons.

hopefully may make it, let u know nearer the time.

good to see u again and make some new friends.

bignj
20-05-2005, 12:59 PM
As long as the weathers good, I'll be there.

bignj
25-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Was up there tonight, good weather, plenty of bikes, no BBQ :mad:

Must have been a Harley meet up there tonight, had their own little corner of the green. Lets see if we can get a gathering of Monsters for next week. :cool: :cool: :cool:

benson
26-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Hello folks - glad that the weather seems finally ot have turned into something resembling warm - hope to see you up there on the 1st next week all being well, sunshine etc etc :cool:

slob
26-05-2005, 01:35 PM
I should be free, what time and where are you leaving from Rachel?

benson
26-05-2005, 01:40 PM
Hi Slob - how was your trip? Great I hope, not sure where I'll be heading in from pn Wednesday but if it's this side then we could ride up that lovely A12 together!!! :rolleyes:

slob
26-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Groovy trip maaan(maaam), apart from really knackered back which seems to be getting better at last and should be OK by next week, as should my slippy clutch.
I'll check in with you after the weekend.

benson
26-05-2005, 05:51 PM
SOunds good to me slob - hope the back eases up, I know Jenny is also suffering with hers at the mo so frozen peas have a new meaning! Take care, enjoy the warm weather!!! :D

Nonnie
26-05-2005, 09:32 PM
emilys driver and i should make this. hoping for lovely weather. see u then xx

Paranoid Dave
26-05-2005, 10:11 PM
me too :D :D :D

Moley
27-05-2005, 01:17 PM
For those heading down the A12 from the London side to Great Bentley, there is a nicer route down the B roads from Chelmsford to Colchester via Tolleshunt D'arcy or Tiptree. Probably have to allow another half an hour or so but relieves the boredom of the A12.

STU65
27-05-2005, 09:42 PM
Is anyone going up from Benfleet area on the 1st of June. If yes let me know and may be a few of us can ride up.

This will also help me from getting lost, cheers.

Paranoid Dave
27-05-2005, 10:23 PM
looks like if the suns out, there could be quite a few of us on wednesday night then :D I'll have to bring some more cards and see if we cant grab a few new faces. BigNJ are you coming?

bignj
28-05-2005, 08:24 AM
I'll be there Dave, looks like we might have a decent gathering :D

Moley
28-05-2005, 10:14 AM
STU65, can meet up at Chelmford for A12 or Heybridge/Maldon for B road route. Any other takers in your neck of the woods?

slob
28-05-2005, 12:49 PM
STU65, can meet up at Chelmford for A12 or Heybridge/Maldon for B road route. Any other takers in your neck of the woods?
Where & what time at Chelmsford? (Benson's schedule permitting)
and btw
what's the meet at Gt. Bentley? quiet pub? food any good? busy biker pub? etc.

Paranoid Dave
28-05-2005, 02:48 PM
Slob, Gt Bentley village green is the place, there's a pub on the corner, on summer nights they usually have a burger stall and beer on tap outside or there's limited pub bar meals. On a quiet night like a week or two back around 200 bikes, on a good night double that and more park up on the green.
Great place to hang out :D

benson
28-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Hello one and all - looking forward to Wedesnday - please god this weather lasts!!! :cool: Meanwhile best I meet u there Slob - really not sure what time I'll be heading out of London so see you there but I most certainly will get myself to Great Bentley - am still captivated by PDs reference to custard!!!!!

! Meanwhile also considering Camber Sands on Bank Holiday monday - ought to be a giggle with the sussexites??? that is unless there's a better idea - maybe up to Aldeburgh???:D

Paranoid Dave
28-05-2005, 05:15 PM
aldeburgh, if you're heading out there let me know, i don't want to stay home all weekend. Also Benson, i'm sorry to let you down but I don't know where you got the idea of GB and custard. I love custard but I don't know if they do anything like that at GB, they struggled to provide cheesy chips last time i went. But I can always suggest a few places that will provide the great yellow substance. I wonder ..... see other thread on custard? :D

benson
28-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Aaaah a girl can dream!!! :lol: Never mind, cheesy chips and I'm happy!!! Even the D**K Turpin can manage cheesy chips!!! :p

Meanwhile ALdeburgh sounds appealing if the weather holds - I'll be back and posting on this tomorrow to sort out what's occurring - I mean, we have monsters to ride in the sunshine!!! :cool:

Anyone else fancy joining in???

Moley
28-05-2005, 07:18 PM
Slob, was thinking of heading out from Chelmsford around 6 to 6.30 but I am on leave next week so could make it earlier. The Asda car park/petrol station at Chelmer Village is an easy place to meet (post code CM2 6RE on www.multimap.co.uk)
Dave, on the subject of custard, I used to like it cold as a Kid. It can also sound posh pronounced at 'Cootard'.

bignj
28-05-2005, 08:09 PM
'Cootard' doesn't he drive in F1?

I could be up for Aldeburgh, depends on the state of my head after Sunday drinks and the weather of course.

Paranoid Dave
28-05-2005, 09:08 PM
i'm lost, were you thinking of aldeburgh on sunday or monday???

It takes me a little while to get the bike out (an hour) so advance warning is good. They do the best fish and chips, so were you thinking lunch? Or do we find a pub out of town that has cootard on sale ;)

If anyone makes a decision, I'm happy to come play and show you the pretty way in. feel free to mob me. 07813 407382

benson
28-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Cold custard - hmmmm - rather think that would ruin my idea of a good cup of custard and digestive biscuits but could well be worth a try... :o

benson
28-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Whichever day we might head to Aldeburgh I think a late start and lunch is what I'd prefer - not in any rush to get out of bed - holidays are too precious :)

SO I'm up for fish and chips maybe for lunch and a bimble - Monday mighjt be my preferred day I think, also I have the big 12k service looming so gently into great bentley will be my motto this week..... :bunny:

Nonnie
29-05-2005, 10:21 AM
well, emilys driver and i are taking kids to framlingham gala (fram gala for the cootard pronouncers). fram not far from aldeburgh. have no idea what happens, it could be another tent of wonder, but, hey! it's today by the way. being fram it oughta be posh.

slob
31-05-2005, 02:18 PM
The Asda car park/petrol station at Chelmer Village is an easy place to meet (post code CM2 6RE on www.multimap.co.uk)
see you there 1800-1830 Moley.
I'll be leaving Rayleigh around 1730 and heading up the A130 Stu.
The weather should have improved by the evening according to the Met Office.

Moley
01-06-2005, 07:21 AM
[QUOTE=slob]see you there 1800-1830 Moley.

Fine Rob, will be at the petrol station end of the car park, probably near the back where there is usually a lot of empty space.
Steve

Nonnie
01-06-2005, 11:47 AM
well, im going pillion on emily, so thats 2 dukes inc. pd and we bringing 2 harleys! be nice now......it's all about 2 wheels eh?! :D

hope u make it benson but i dont think there is anywhere we can go to spend any money, except at the pub, but you cant drink, but i can! accompny me as i get mullered! i can almost use both hands for drinking and smoking! :burnout:

see u all there

benson
01-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Bloody hell - more rain and now thunder... :mad: What is going on??? :confused: Where did the sun go??? :mad:

If it's dry then consider me there - if it carries on doing what it's doing consider me indoors with a cuppa!!!!

Hope to make it three Dukes and yes Nonnie, I may be more challenged than usual in terms of spending opportunities but there is always the pork scratching option!!!!!!! :D :D

Nonnie
01-06-2005, 01:56 PM
apparently its going to be dry this evening! we can only watch and hope

xx

benson
01-06-2005, 02:01 PM
Well I'll be watching and hoping too.... Meanwhile how's the wrist? How much longer you in plaster for???

slob
01-06-2005, 02:05 PM
It's cleared up by the river... roads should be dry in an hour or so at this rate.

Nonnie
01-06-2005, 02:08 PM
Well I'll be watching and hoping too.... Meanwhile how's the wrist? How much longer you in plaster for???
hopefully 2 weeks but only if i can get back off my next holiday (i know) easily enough, if not, then 3. pah im bored of it now, really ****ing bored!

mind u i can see the funny side of how ridiculous i look trying to get on and off emily! i have nearly perfected the one handed pillion look!