PDA

View Full Version : Clear cambelt covers

Dave G
10-05-2005, 09:15 AM
Does anyone know anything about these
http://www.cibamall.com/monster/index.htm
wher to get them and how much.
I dont like the rizoma ones but these are entirely see through.

tony_unn
10-05-2005, 11:48 AM
I got a set direct from the guy who originally designed and made them and the web address looks the same, I have had mine on for a couple of years and they have been fine, no problem with fitting or anything else for that matter.

Dave G
10-05-2005, 11:57 AM
I've emailed him but so far no reponse.
How much were they? if you dont mind me asking,and do you have to clean the inside out often?(to keep it looking clear)
Ta

JMo
10-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Dave - the guy who made them only made a limited batch (50 or 60 I believe), and I think Stu at Spareshack had some in for a while - you could see if he still does, or has a contact for the chap who made them...

BTW. They were only made for 600's (which will also fit the 620, and I believe the 800cc S2R engine has the same shape belt covers), but they don't fit the 900 engine for anyone else thinking of asking...

xxx

Dave G
17-05-2005, 06:32 PM
The guy eventually emailed back saying he no longer makes them.Spareshack had one set left,which I've now made mine! :D
Apparantly the maker just couldn't get enough interest to make them viable commercially,which is a bit of a shame as he's done all the expensive tooling already.
Have you posted up any pictures Tony?