PDA

View Full Version : motrax bar end mirrors

OgriUK
09-05-2005, 11:16 PM
look betteri think, though having both fitted looks pants, an purely from me own point of view can see much better behind me...did try it with the left hand mirror fitted right side so it stuck down instead of up but had to move my head every time to use it,..this way is much better, even if it does make me bike look like mickey mouse looking for his other ear...about thirty quid a pair i think they was, from hein gericke

Red
10-05-2005, 01:04 AM
not to sure about the lollipop at the end but as long as you like it thats all that matters :)

OgriUK
10-05-2005, 06:19 AM
ah but you know as well as me mate, living in peterborough i need all the help i can get dodging asylum seekers with iffy licences and nil driving skills, allied to government cheques for big fast cars for 'em... ;) :D
am thinking of having all round cctv fitted to the bike next..

Pedro
10-05-2005, 06:22 AM
Ogri

do yourself a favour and silicon the glass in. I've had these on for about 18 months and lost two glasses due to the vibration of the Duke. A thin bead of bathroom silicon behind the glass stops the glass dropping out.

Ped

OgriUK
10-05-2005, 06:29 AM
appreciate that mate! :)
will do it soon as i get bike back from bsd, think ive got some neutral curing silicon in the shed.

nik_the_brief
10-05-2005, 08:58 AM
Ogri

do yourself a favour and silicon the glass in. I've had these on for about 18 months and lost two glasses due to the vibration of the Duke. A thin bead of bathroom silicon behind the glass stops the glass dropping out.

Ped

Mine too and they oxidise badly if you let them get road crap and salt on them over a winter. Still the visibility is great innit, shame about the slightly reduced filtering ability. Not bad for 30 quid though. :D

Pedro
10-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Mine too and they oxidise badly if you let them get road crap and salt on them over a winter. Still the visibility is great innit, shame about the slightly reduced filtering ability. Not bad for 30 quid though. :D

Mmmm, had a small incident with a car t'other day - a bit of mirror to mirror interfacing!

nik_the_brief
10-05-2005, 12:14 PM
Yep, one of mine too, has a vertical crack running up the glass (and Motrax don't sell replacements!).

I found that Halfords however sell bicycle bar end mirrors with 3" plastic mirrors for around a fiver and they can be used as replacements with a little fiddling about. :D

Chappers
10-05-2005, 12:19 PM
I tried upside down bar ends on mine but didn't like the way it widened the bike, so took 'em back and got me bargain carbon fibre teardrop style (DP lookalikes) for £29.98 and they're brilliant :)

Looks sexy though Ogri :D

NattyBoy
10-05-2005, 12:57 PM
Ive got some nice B&Q brown bathroom sealant spare if your stuck Paul.. :lol:

Anyone got a spare they want to sell that I could use on the r/h side...? Need one for my 888 as I intend fitting this corse nose cone and it aint got no mirror attachements (obviously - der !!!)

Cheers
Nat

OgriUK
10-05-2005, 01:56 PM
looks sexier with karen onnit than me chappers, speshully with the fairing off.. :D
nat, if you want the left hand one to put onnit upside down on the right as in this photo (you can just about make it out)you can have it gratis mate

Chappers
10-05-2005, 02:07 PM
looks sexier with karen onnit than me chappers, speshully with the fairing off.. :D

All bikes look sexier when a lovely lass is perched on it :lol:

Has Karen got a monster too then? Is she a member on here?

OgriUK
10-05-2005, 02:28 PM
All bikes look sexier when a lovely lass is perched on it :lol:
good point..
nope, not yet mate, but shes hoping to get through her test this year :)

NattyBoy
10-05-2005, 03:59 PM
Nice one mate !!! Ill PM yer. Like Karens jacket BTW..saw them in Moto Rapido on saturday :cool:

Nat

NattyBoy
10-05-2005, 04:02 PM
Oi Mr popular..clear yer private messages out..im trying to send you summat !!!

Nat

OgriUK
10-05-2005, 07:11 PM
"mr popular?"
mr stupidly lazy more like...all cleared out now..yup that ducati jacket looks good buddy, she lurves it.. :)

S4Mal
13-05-2005, 01:31 PM
It true about the glass falling out, though I e mailed the nice people at Motrax to complain and they sent me two spare mirror glasses in the post. In fact its worth checking all of the screws for tightness and threadlock them. You can also shorten the arm a bit with a hack saw if you want - for that extra tiny bit more clearance when commuting. Its a brilliant mirror, Ive even used it abroad and didnt need to swap to the left side.

Melnie Mouse
13-05-2005, 02:48 PM
Ogri

Ped

yeah do you remember that ped at arrow last year, I saw it fall out, and I stopped to find it, it was in the puddle wasn't it? That was so funny, guess the tin foil didn't help after all did it? :D :D

Anyone who stocks Motrax stuff sells em... :D

nik_the_brief
13-05-2005, 02:58 PM
yeah do you remember that ped at arrow last year, I saw it fall out, and I stopped to find it, it was in the puddle wasn't it? That was so funny, guess the tin foil didn't help after all did it? :D :D

Anyone who stocks Motrax stuff sells em... :D

Well the lying buggers at DHR Motorcycles in Dover told me that Motrax don't provide replacement mirrors so the only apparent option I was given was to buy a new pair. :mad:

Pedro
13-05-2005, 03:02 PM
Well the lying buggers at DHR Motorcycles in Dover told me that Motrax don't provide replacement mirrors so the only apparent option I was given was to buy a new pair. :mad:

Nik

speak to Motrax directly as the very lovely young lady I asked about it very kindly sent me four replacements!! Plus some other bits I managed to break when I dropped the bike. I'll try dig out her email addy later when I get home.

Ped

nik_the_brief
13-05-2005, 03:03 PM
Nik

speak to Motrax directly as the very lovely young lady I asked about it very kindly sent me four replacements!! Plus some other bits I managed to break when I dropped the bike. I'll try dig out her email addy later when I get home.

Ped

That would be brilliant Ped, much appreciated mate.

lovely young ladies, my favourite kind...

lee1980
18-05-2005, 07:33 AM
I have these ones which are a lot smaller but still work well better than standard ones and look great i think :)

My pics 3kb to big !! will change it at home and post later, lol

Thanks

Lee1980