PDA

View Full Version : Loud exhaust MOT time.

norrie
09-05-2005, 04:59 PM
I've got a Ducati Performance Cafe Racer exhaust fitted and it is MOT time.
Does anyone know of a universal baffle insert you can buy?
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/gillsducatimonster/images/6-picture3.gif?0.8084533904027218

It is a single sider so only one baffle will be required.
Or does it just depend on the guy that does the MOT?

Norrie.

Mr Cake
09-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Apparently its down to his discretion now. No BS stamp required.

Tell me all you know about that pipe :D Its the dog's danglies!!!

Dave

norrie
09-05-2005, 05:48 PM
As I said it's part of the Cafe Racer kit that I got from Stuart at Spareshack.
I understand you can buy it on it's own.
It's a full stainless steel 2 into 1 system.
It sounds lovely.
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/gillsducatimonster/images/4-picture2.gif?0.6664810769328181

Norrie.

Byron Kauffman
09-05-2005, 07:22 PM
Norrie;

Try your local dirt bike shop for a slip in silencer or "Spark arrester" It might knock the sound down enough for the test. Or slip the pipe off and stuff some extra fiberglass packing in the front end just for the test.

What hugger are you using? Is the Road race piece? what are they priced at these days and who is a dealer? Yeah, I know... a lot of questions.

thanks,
Byron

Mr Cake
09-05-2005, 07:59 PM
As I said it's part of the Cafe Racer kit that I got from Stuart at Spareshack.
I understand you can buy it on it's own.
It's a full stainless steel 2 into 1 system.
It sounds lovely.

I can't find it on the website :(

Dave

PaulS
09-05-2005, 08:53 PM
As long as the silencer is not marked "not for road use" or "race use only" or some other similar form of words it is indeed down to the MOT testers judgment as to whether to give you a certificate or not. The pipes are no longer required to have the appropriate BS or E marks for the purposes of the MOT. The marks are still required for the pipes to be road legal (if the bike was first registered after 1985) but not for the MOT.

norrie
10-05-2005, 01:25 PM
The pipe is not marked at all.
I think I will go down and see the guy that will do the MOT and ask him if he will pass it before I fiddle with it.
I could put the standard system back on but it is a full system and it's a pain in the butt to fit.

Dave I bought it from Stuart at Spareshack just look under sponsor at the top of the page and give him a phone.

Byron yes it's a Roadracing hugger.
Stuart at Spareshack should be able to sort you out.
They are nearly £200 though.

Norrie.

norrie
12-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Well got the bike MOT'd today.
Dont know what I was worrying about the guy passed it no problem at all.
I asked him about it and he said as long as it's not marked (NOT FOR ROAD USE) he wasn't bothered.
Sorted. :)

Norrie.

sjr999r
16-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Well got the bike MOT'd today.
Dont know what I was worrying about the guy passed it no problem at all.
I asked him about it and he said as long as it's not marked (NOT FOR ROAD USE) he wasn't bothered.
Sorted. :)

Norrie.

MOT testers,have soft spots for Ducati's cos of the Sound!!!! :D

Paranoid Dave
16-12-2005, 05:35 PM
it is very depending on the tester, if its a private place its more likely to get through than a big dealers as they have more to protect if the legal people are watching. The actual noise level is meant to be representitive of the volume of a bike of the age.