PDA

View Full Version : Ooops dropped bike today

Albie
08-05-2005, 09:57 PM
Well oops it happened when pulled into filling station and and stopped bike let Caroline off and stepped aside to fill up tank. Thought I had put stand down :eek: but maybe not enough or not at all. Tilt and crash just caught her leg but shes ok and bike on side . Heaved her up with the help of a very kind R1 guy who incidently did it when he owned a monster. No dents just the mirror popped out. How lucky am I. :D :rolleyes: Thought about going home and stopping the day there and then for bad lucks sake. But didn't. Oh well wanted to get some dp teardrops anyhow so they are now on order. :D :o :o :o

Byron Kauffman
08-05-2005, 11:46 PM
Albie;
Good you got away with just a mirror. This is a rough weekend for Monsters. If bad things happen in 3s, I wonder who is next?

Albie
09-05-2005, 12:01 AM
Yes I was so lucky I didnt dent the tank. I would have been gutted like you are. Sorry to hear about yours :( . Is the person concerned going to pay up

Byron Kauffman
09-05-2005, 01:39 AM
I think the guy will pay, my friends that work there say he is OK and not short of cash. I guess I will know later this week when I get all the prices. I have to figure in my labor costs for the time to rebuild and repair. I did all the work on the bike so I wont hand it over to a shop to do the repairs. I had new things I planned to do but now I have to spend that time rebuilding it.
As long as it doesnt cost me to get back where I was 2 days ago, I can do the work. Too bad it happend in such a stupid way. I dont mind damage if I put it there and had a good time.

Chappers
09-05-2005, 10:01 AM
Albie...you doughnut! :lol:

At least you, Caroline and the bike are ok :)

Albie
09-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Albie...you doughnut! :lol:

At least you, Caroline and the bike are ok :)

:o :o :lol: :D :D :rolleyes:

Mark Walker
09-05-2005, 04:29 PM
and it is better than putting it into a hedge at 50 mile an hour and then having to wait 4 months before you can even entertain the idea of getting it repaired because your better half thinks the money would be better spent on some wedding.... :D :D.......good to hear it wasn't as bad as it could have been.......

Albie
09-05-2005, 04:55 PM
Ah yes maybe so. :eek: :D
Well its just cost me £220 quid to replace the one mirror lens as I phoned up Stuart from http//:www.spareshack.com quick ad mate :D and now have dp teardrop mirrors and red clutch pressure plate and stainless springs and a red carbon fibre hugger. :eek: :eek: :D :D
Such is life eh :bunny:

scrapps
09-05-2005, 08:56 PM
sorry to hear about the bike, i have dpm mirrors very nice worth every penny. hope you get them soon and can show off to mates... :lol:

Little Monster
17-05-2005, 09:09 PM
ha ha ha ha

i did that once!!! my first ride out with tigerlily. i was a bit giddy, was getting gas near her house before collecting her, forgot the side stand and ended up pinned between petrol pump and bike.

saw a couple of fellas just WATCHING!!!!!! so turned into the incredible (ginger) hulk, righted the bike, filled it with gas and thanked said chappies individually with a smile and a heavy dose of sarcasm for their assistance.

still laff my ass off over that one. bless my little cottons.