PDA

View Full Version : Datatag fitting

slug
07-05-2005, 04:56 PM
I have just been to my friendly bike shop to purchase a Datatag kit for my new bike. They told me that it had to be fitted by an authorised dealer so that the registration would be valid and my insurance company would accept it. They wanted to charge £80 for the kit inclusive of fitting. But if I wanted to fit it myself it would only be £49 .

:confused: Methinks the dealer is talking B0ll0ck5 about it having to be fitted by an authorised dealer..... What do you reckon? should I pay for them to do it?

bod
07-05-2005, 07:33 PM
Yep your correct..when I bought my bike from new the dealer asked me to put it on myself.
But pointed out not to put it in obvious places like in the middle of the tank as it shows up in certain light.
You can buy these off the net so shouldn't see a problem doing it yourself,might need the dealer to stamp the certificate though.

S4R Dude
07-05-2005, 07:35 PM
What dealer?

Name and shame.

slug
08-05-2005, 11:29 AM
I will be asking Datatag and my insurers (Ducati Insurance) for a formal response next week.

I will keep you posted.

scrumpster
08-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Ducati insurance never asked me about my certificate, but I have heard the registration should be endorsed, but then that could be datatool, not tag???

slug
09-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Datatag have stated that it doesent matter who fits it as long as it is regestered with them afterwards.
Ducati Insurance dont care who fits it as long as you can prove it is registered.

So it looks like I'll be buying a cheap one off the web and fitting it myself.

Cheers