PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Help?

boris
05-05-2005, 09:19 AM
Looking at changing the stock cans for something more exotic (louder). Mooching around various manufacturers sites I've hardly spotted anything that has a 620ie compatability. Can any of you bods advise me whether those typed to other Monsters will fit my wee gem? :(

JMo
05-05-2005, 12:13 PM
Anything for a post 00/01 bike should physically fit (earlier bikes had a different connector to the rest of the system under the footpegs - basically you need one that will slip into the exisiting system, not clamp around like the older bikes - I think the later system is 48mm or maybe 50mm ID - you need to check (take a can off and measure x)

The EFi is almost certain to compensate for a change of can (the later bikes tend to run a touch rich from the factory anyway), only if you change the airbox and filer might you need to have the EFi adjusted...

If you speak to Stu at Spareshack, he can tell you which systems will fit...

xxx

PS. I think Natty boy had a low level Temi set (brand new) at a good price too...

NattyBoy
05-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Sent PM Boris !

Nat

russell
05-05-2005, 06:07 PM
I too had been looking for a louder exhaust for my 620 ie .
After seing some on EBAY I contacted stuart at spareshack and he sorted me out with a nice set of high level exhausts for just over £300.They fitted on a bit of **** after you decifer where all the nuts bolts spacers washers etc etc go.
Touch wood I ve had no problems so far and she runs like a dream.

His Email address is stuart@spareshack.com

pete
05-05-2005, 09:24 PM
I got Leo Vince high level oval carbon cans for my 620ie - specifically sold for the 620. They fit well, look great and sound even better :D The bike runs better as well... Not sure the neighbours would agree they sound better mind :rolleyes:

However, I think they have stopped making them as they are no longer listed on their website, but might be worth trawling the net to see if someone has a set left somewhere. I got mine from Busters for 275 delivered earlier in the year. Think it was my lucky day...

If you are interested I'll get the product number off the box when it's daylight (garage light doesn't work) as it might help a search.

Cheers,

Pete

boris
07-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Thanks for all your advice so far. Only need to sort out the Finance Manager(wife) and I'll be on to it...... :)

boris
08-05-2005, 08:50 PM
NattyBoy, I've sent you a couple of PMs (don't know if your box is full?). Good news is, I've got a result!! :)

NattyBoy
08-05-2005, 08:51 PM
Just picked them up mate...been out..sorry ! Will bell you tommorrow

Nat