PDA

View Full Version : Weekender

Plum
03-05-2005, 06:23 PM
Hi Folks

I just wanted to let you know i arrived home safe and sound at about 8.30. I would have posted last night, but i was pooped and needed to crash.

I just wanted to say a big 'Thanks' to all of you for making me so welcome. Having never met any of you before, i was bit worried about how i would feel, but you all made me feel welcome from the moment i arrived, and i settled in really quickly.

I arrived a stranger, but left with many new friends!!

Like i said, its a big thanks to you all, but i just wanted to mention a couple of people.

Paranoid Dave - My roomie! Poor Dave didnt know he had a roomie until a couple of days before, but he was really cool and he was a bloody good roomie. Top bloke!

Scrumpster - For going right out of her way to get me in to as close as Poole as possible. It wasnt needed, but it was so nice to ride with someone, and i am really grateful. Anyone who met her will know what i mean when i say she is an inspiration and people (not UKMOC members) could do better by following in her steps occasionally. <MWAH> Thats a big kiss coming right at ya Scrumpy!

Boozy Bob (& Mrs Bob) - For giving me one of the worst hangovers i have ever had. I had a Guinness with Bob and his wife, and it was this pint that did it, and nothing to do with the 8 or 9 pints prior. OMG i thought my brains were gonna fall out on Sunday!

And lastly, but no means least

Didge & Jan - I once thought 'I could die tomorrow, but i am happy with what i have done with my life'. Then i met Didge! Everyone should meet Didge at least once! Just for the experience! He's a bit special (needs) is our Didge and he certainly kept me entertained. Also, he is a good sport, and when Jan and i had endless hugs, he took it in his stride and knew that Jan just had good taste in men. I mean we are both handsome looking buggers.

Other people to mention are,

Gary T, Nonnie, Mand and Alex (my twin!?), Tigerlilly, Julie & Ruth (sorry for getting the legs mixed up Gals), JMo (can i have signed piccie in the Trinity getup please), Chris (making my day by 'scratching' past me on Fish Hill), Pedro (nice to meet you mate, but sorry we didnt really get a good chance to chat. Next year mate) Dennis and all the staff at the Mill and all the other people who i may have forgotten to mention because i either, cant think right now and because i cant put names to some faces.

Heres a funny one. I left my chain and padlock around the lampost at the Mill. Tell Dennis to leave it! I will pick it up next year.

So here is to next year. I am booking a test ride on the S2R demo when it arrives in Jersey in June, and i'm seriously taken with them, so i think i might just have to have one. The wife says she will buy me one if agree to another baby! Fair deal, although she could just buy it for me, and i will let the milkman come around whilst i am away and do the job for me (again)

Thanks again to you all, and cant wait to see you at the next possible meet.

BoozyBOB
03-05-2005, 07:03 PM
great to meet you at last.....
Mrs Boozy and I could not have caused the hangover....we went to bed at 3.. :D ;)

Little Monster
03-05-2005, 07:13 PM
great to meet everyone - not entirely sure who i met.

sorry to those i slapped and anything else out of order i may have done whilst hammered on saturday night (altho as the known victims were banshee and richard.s i'm not really really really sorry ;) :rolleyes: :p )

scrumpster
03-05-2005, 07:34 PM
It was great to meet you to mate, and I enjoyed the ride back, it was nice to stay off the main drag, that was until I left ringwood and did about 2 miles of filtering cos of an accident :rolleyes:

Your words are way too kind, but appreciated - thanks :)

I did see you attach your lock to the lampost but forgot all about it!!

Glad you got back safe and hope to meet you along with the others in a years time!!! Baby in exchange for new bike......you are sooo lucky to be a bloke, I can't get away with that one, but any Jersey millionaires going spare, just let me know ;)

Pedro
03-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Glad to hear you found it all worth while - I told you it was worth the hassle of sorting your bike out!

And yeah, would have been good to have more of a natter and perhaps a beer or two. You're on for next year dude!

Good choice with the potential new bike - a baby is a small price to pay, give it a couple of years and you can get a good price for both on ebay..... :D

Ped

Paranoid Dave
03-05-2005, 08:16 PM
sorry to those i slapped and anything else out of order i may have done whilst hammered on saturday night

....and anyone you might have tried to ride over in a mini moto on saturday afternoon ;)

Good to see you again.

Plum, thanks for the good report, so glad you didn't mention that sleepwalking accident on friday night eh, best keep that between ourselves ;)
If you want to play roomie again next year just let me know :D

Phoenix
03-05-2005, 09:03 PM
See - told you they were a great bunch of folks :)

Ruth
04-05-2005, 09:30 AM
Plum, it was lovely to meet you and i'll let the spangly-legs incident slide.
And you're right, Julie's arse does look magnificent in leather!

Didge
04-05-2005, 09:37 AM
Plum, it was good to meet you, and put a face to our UKMOC Channel Islander at long last. Jan & I thought it best to make you feel welcome, as you islanders don't get out much.
See you next year, if not before.

Chris
04-05-2005, 10:49 AM
And you're right, Julie's arse does look magnificent in leather!

Well, you haven't tried following yourself standing up waving your backside in the air, but I certainly wasn't complaining :D

Ruth
04-05-2005, 11:04 AM
Well, you haven't tried following yourself standing up waving your backside in the air, but I certainly wasn't complaining :D

Why thank you, I have to say that yours is nice to look at too - but i didn't get as close a look as julie!

Julie
04-05-2005, 11:07 AM
....ohhhh yes Chris yours is very nice !

Ruth
04-05-2005, 11:09 AM
A) You're a ho
B) I think that's one too many halfs in your signature

Lost Again
04-05-2005, 11:30 AM
not going to mention what I think to A. don't wanna get myself into trouble.
definately gotta agree with B tho. just spent about 5 mins trying to decide whether or not i understand it. i figured the best plan was to wonder off on me lunch break instead, so thats just what I'm gonna do. 30 minutes of freedom! yay!

Julie
04-05-2005, 12:01 PM
not going to mention what I think to A. don't wanna get myself into trouble.
definately gotta agree with B tho. just spent about 5 mins trying to decide whether or not i understand it. i figured the best plan was to wonder off on me lunch break instead, so thats just what I'm gonna do. 30 minutes of freedom! yay!

Mr Lost Again I'm not entirely sure what a 'Ho' is anyway. So anything you say my just go right over my head. Ho is a bad thing isnt it?

Julie
04-05-2005, 12:22 PM
Ok i've just found out what a 'ho' is! I'm not a happy bunny now x

Ruth
04-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Ok i've just found out what a 'ho' is! I'm not a happy bunny now x

Awwwww, shame.

Ruth
04-05-2005, 12:36 PM
Well, if you will behave like one.......