PDA

View Full Version : s4r rear wheel

OgriUK
03-05-2005, 02:32 PM
does anybody else find that the rear wheel is a bit stiff to spin when its on the paddock stand? noticed it last night cleaning it after getting back from mallory(its rained on me every..single..time i been out on that bike since ive had it!)
going to whip the caliper off tonight to see if its that if i get time

at least yesterday i found out if the bike stands in the pouring rain with the full open airbox mod it'll still start an run(i was miles away other side of the track when the sky opened :D )
spluttereda bit coupla times though... :)

Mr Cake
03-05-2005, 03:32 PM
does anybody else find that the rear wheel is a bit stiff to spin when its on the paddock stand? noticed it last night cleaning it after getting back from mallory

Check that the swingarm cup on the stand is not rubbing against the rear sproket as you spin the wheel.

EDIT: Just noticed you have an S4R so you have no cups on the rear stand. Sorry.

Dave

slob
03-05-2005, 03:49 PM
never had a problem with my DP airbox... the clocks however are a different story, it's almost bad enough to make me buy a nose fairing!

froggy
03-05-2005, 04:23 PM
same problem and my rear brake is ****e. just another one of those things to make you love 'em

froggy

S4R Dude
03-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Mine runs fine on the stand.

PaulS
03-05-2005, 09:13 PM
never had a problem with my DP airbox... the clocks however are a different story, it's almost bad enough to make me buy a nose fairing!

I wouldn't bother. I have an S4 with the standard headlight fairing and my clocks still mist up, it's a common fault, just another Ducati "feature".

grunter
03-05-2005, 09:56 PM
if its ****e could just be the weight of the bike?