PDA

View Full Version : The Kindness Of Strangers

Nonnie
02-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Hello! I'm typing lefthanded through a haze of painkillers!

I would like to thank.........
Ruth and Mand (International Rescue) for jumping up to ride mine and Scrumpsters bikes back to the Mill.xx
Scrumpster for coming to the hospital with me and for doing up my jeans, putting on my socks and being my right hand man! xxxxxxxx
Heli pilot (through the pethidine induced semi coma, I cannot remember his name!) for frightening even more crap out of me by showing me herons nesting in trees (land it please!) a huge thank you for getting me out of there in a medivac kinda way.xx
Denis for being amazing and modest in sorting it all out and babysitting Juan til I get him home.xx
S4Mad (and Buttercup) for jumping on his bike to fetch his parents in their car to get me back to hospital.xx
S4Mad's parents for being exceptionally nice people who helped because they hope someone would do it for them or theirs.xx
Bob for cutting up food without batting an eyelid.xx
Jenny and Benson for getting me to the A12 and home.xx
Richard_S for the cash and fags run.xx
Mick on the Valkyrie for getting me in on the National Rideout and giving me the best vantage points of all.xx
PD for feeling dreadful because he said he would beat me at mini moto and many other things.xx
Banshee for the kind offer of getting Juan home and the large brandy on Saturday night.xx
Crust for the bone doctor info.xx
Gary T for filming it so we can learn from it.xx
Thank you to everybody. You were all so kind to me and concerned for me. Apart from that, I had a ****ing brilliant weekend, you were all great to meet and I'm glad I went. See you next year! :D

Runningman
02-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Glad to hear you made it home OK.
Take care with that wrist.
r

benson
02-05-2005, 05:30 PM
:lol: Just glad you're home and safe and hope to see you soon - here's to the five go made in Suffolk!!!!

Mand
02-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Hope you are feeling tip top soon. I promise I was gentle with Juan ;)

PS - It was all in a day's work ma'am!

Ruth
02-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Just doin my job ma'am!

Did I mention I got to go in a helicopter - I'm not sure I told anybody at all?

Cheers to Scrumpster for entrusting me with Munch, and I'm glad you're home safe Nonnie.

scrumpster
02-05-2005, 07:01 PM
Cheers to Scrumpster for entrusting me with Munch, and I'm glad you're home safe Nonnie.

No, thank you for trusting munch, after all she has been a pretty big heap of s*** since I got her, but Plum having to go a ton to keep up on the way home, proves she is in fact a gem ;) And a BIG THANK YOU to you all who worked behind the scenes and helped organise such a wonderful weekend, that's my holidays done for another year now :(

Banshee
02-05-2005, 08:44 PM
You doing the track day? :rolleyes:

Nonnie
02-05-2005, 08:56 PM
I wondered when somebody would ask that!

Whats the matter Banshee? Worried because I clearly crash more spectacularly than you?!

Banshee
02-05-2005, 09:00 PM
Now hold it right there young lady... no one crash like i crash, you was good but........

offer still stands of a man and a van if needed.. :)

Nonnie
02-05-2005, 09:04 PM
The boyfriend is taking Juan next week. About time he rode a decent bike, not that silly 999!

Very grateful though thanks xx

fatbloke
02-05-2005, 09:13 PM
she should be ok Banshee after all she didn't break her waving arm
:D

emily's driver
02-05-2005, 09:55 PM
The boyfriend is taking Juan next week. About time he rode a decent bike, not that silly 999!

Well yes in present company I suppose I am out numbered by all you Monsters but I have a love of all things two wheeled and I dont mind admitting I have a big soft spot for Juan too. Good God I might even be tempted onto an S4R if ever Emily falls out of favour with me! Though I am still running the bike in so its only fair I give her the benefit of the doubt!! I think Juan and Emily balance each other out quite nicely. I dont think of Emily so much as silly more barking mad, well you also have to be to ride one so I qualify there !! Nurse the screens please.

Didge
02-05-2005, 10:02 PM
Well Nonnie, as you know, we all wish you well, but looking on the bright side, after watching your 'off' on the video, you make Banshee's effort last year look mincingly gay.
She nearly took the bloody wall out. Like a bloody cruise missile she was.

gary tompkins
03-05-2005, 02:03 PM
... after watching your 'off' on the video, you make Banshee's effort last year look mincingly gay.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oooh you git Didge - I've just spat me tea down my tee shirt!

mincingly gay... oh I like that a LOT :lol: :lol: :lol: