PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Pheonix

pooh
01-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Well done Lin actually managed to keep the bike upright in both races and overtook the guy on the multistrada. Excellent result for AK and CK as there bike got a 6th and 5th, nice to see some old faces and meet some new one's at cadwell today.

Ian

PS. Dont ask Lin whats been on telly.

NBs
01-05-2005, 11:23 PM
Yep, good show, Lin put in a solid effort today. Stayed upright (unlike the numpty typing here) and didn't just overtake multistrada boy but sent him packing!

n

Phoenix
02-05-2005, 03:02 PM
:o Thanks guys :)
Had a great weekend - will put report on website soon.
To top off a good weekend- arriving back at Arrow Mill with Max on trailer to a round of applause and loads of photos taken of Max. :D
Thanks to all involved - I may not have been the fastest out there but I stayed on and didn't damage anything.
Big up to you all for making it possible.
Thanks so much for the Good Luck card and all who signed it - was a fantastic surprise.
Only downside was hearing about poor Nonnies off at the Minimoto. GWS Nonnie :)

Phoenix
02-05-2005, 03:05 PM
PS. Dont ask Lin whats been on telly.

Grrr - Yes plug in TV to brand new generator and watch the kids vacate the caravan at warp speed cos the telly's smoking :eek:
Test said NEW generator to find it delivering 392 volts :confused:

slob
02-05-2005, 06:06 PM
I'd just like to say thanks to everyone I spent the weekend with, especially Ickle Pooh Racing and Knight Road Racing, both of whose corporate hospitality facilities are second to none. Sorry I didn't make it to Arrow Mill, strangely my back felt a lot less sore after I set the vibro-massager from Bologna to 7K all the way home. I'm Looking Forward to Castle Coombe.

Flip
02-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Just wanted to say (now the server's not too busy!)...

Had a great day up at Cadwell, rode up in lovely weather Saturday as it stayed dry for the whole 236 miles and had a good blast round the fenland roads that evening.

Woke Sunday to bright Sun (and a great breakfast at the Haywain) after the thunder of earlier that morning (did that keep you all awake those in vans and under canvas?). Rode to the circuit to be greated by CK, AK, Phoenix and co. and a cup of coffee.

Could feel the tension in the air as only to be expected on the first meeting of the series and looking at a couple of the bikes nearby could see a few were taking it pretty seriously. But after the first race and a few comings together (sorry Nick but at least you were out there so no dissing here) all was a little calmer in the paddock by the time for the second race and what a difference!!

All the riders now knew what to expect out on the track and none of them failed to give their best regardless of machinery.

So I'd just like to say a big thanks to the people that I know that were out there making the day possible: Lin (Phoenix), Andy (Pitstop Paints) and Nick (NBs) and of course all the people prepping the bikes and giving moral support to enable them to do it.

Oh and as a bonus for me I got home in beautiful sunshine too....

What a top weekend!!

TP-996
02-05-2005, 10:59 PM
Well done Lin, you have my respect, as the others do, for just getting out there and having a go. You also got some overtakes in and got some racing done and stayed rubber side down - excellent work.

Congrats to Nick too - great results in both races, well done mate.

pooh
02-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Excuse ME
But as the local guy I did'nt get coffee only beer and wine is there some sort of favouritism going on here. Anyway It appeared that the series is going to be well competed and that taking the atmosphere in the clubhouse on saturday night will be exceptionally good fun for all, seems to me to be good value for money and if it runs next year there may be a fat ba----d from grimsby taking part as long as Lorraine does not notice her bike missing.

cracking event good atmosphere and that is what racing needs

Ian

walkingpictures
02-05-2005, 11:39 PM
Pooh- good to meet you mate,Slob - you too,hope your back gets better and enjoy Africa mate ;) CK...you're a darling and thanks for the hug....Lin....you are a top girlie too,love you to bits,I am real proud of you..have sent you a message on the icklepooh site....

Kimbo :) :)

Spanner
03-05-2005, 03:06 AM
Nice one peeps. Good result for you Nick and CK & AK. Keep up the good work. The pictures on the DSC site look good. Made me wish I'd taken Alan up on his offer but I don't think I would have finished as high as Andy! Well played. The bikes look the business too. I'm sooo jealous. I just hope it runs next year then you might see a skinny little runt with a faded aussie tan taking part!! I look forward to the next round. This is as exciting as MotoGP!!

Phoenix
03-05-2005, 07:05 AM
Heres the full corner by corner repost now - warning, it's long :)

Round One Cadwell Race Report (http://www.zyworld.com/lindajones/racing_results.htm)

Boon
03-05-2005, 07:35 AM
good going Keep it up

gary tompkins
03-05-2005, 08:45 AM
Lin,
It was a lovely surprise to see you & the gang at Arrow Mill on Sunday. Gutted that your first race at Cadwell clashed with the weekender, and I missed getting trackside to cheer you on, but sincerely hope to make Castle Coombe in June.

Congratulations on a great start to the Desmo Due series. I'm lucky enough to be off work again today recovering from the weekender, and have just enjoyed reading your excellent race report. It brings back memories of the 2 fantastic trackdays I enjoyed at Cadwell, with the Moto Morini club back in the mid 90's.... Ahhh... happy days :bunny: :D :bunny:

Top marks to the other Desmo Due pilots & crews that we know (Knight Racing, Nick B & Psychlist to name but a few) for putting on a great show, and getting some great results.

A few shots from me of your visit to the Mill....

Mand
03-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Well done Lin! Looking forward to seeing you race next time.

Mand :)

pete
03-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Pooh- good to meet you mate,Slob - you too,hope your back gets better and enjoy Africa mate ;) CK...you're a darling and thanks for the hug....Lin....you are a top girlie too,love you to bits,I am real proud of you..have sent you a message on the icklepooh site....

Kimbo :) :)

Where's the pics then mate ? Or did you spend the entire day chatting the ladys up :rolleyes:

walkingpictures
03-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Where's the pics then mate ? Or did you spend the entire day chatting the ladys up :rolleyes:

I think Graeme (top spanner man ) took quite a few piccies and some video,anyways Pete,you are far too old to be looking at piccies of young Lin in her leathers :p ;) ;)

Kimbo :)

BoozyBOB
03-05-2005, 07:13 PM
...well done Lin...(and the team)
will see you at Castle coombe... ;) sounds like it is going to be another UKMOC mega meet :eek:

Nonnie
03-05-2005, 07:20 PM
good to meet you lin.

would love to do the racing one day as well.

good luck with it, i'll be watching you!

MilesB
04-05-2005, 11:35 AM
would love to do the racing one day as well.
Sounds like Nonnie is well on the way to recovery ;)

Julie
04-05-2005, 12:02 PM
yes well done lin, great to see you on sunday and max looks great!

thank you for all the weekender stuff you did xxxx

PS . when will you be at donnighton?

Julie
04-05-2005, 12:25 PM
i stole this from the DSChttp://217.199.188.40/xmb/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=19255&pid=177056

Phoenix
04-05-2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks hun :)
I' stole this from cope for now till I can buy them :

holding em up (http://copeimages.com/Galleries/DSC%20Desmo%20Due/Round%201%20Cadwell/Race/pages/_DSC0193.htm)