PDA

View Full Version : Well, I'm packed!

Nonnie
28-04-2005, 01:32 PM
I am packed ready for tomorrow (long trip tonight to drop kids off and busy in the morning), my rucksack weighs an absolute tonne, how? When it only contains the barest essentials - really.

Checked the weather and it looks absolutely glorious all weekend.

Had a go on a mini moto on Tuesday just to get some practise in.

Got someone to feed and love the cats in my absense.

Wanted to wish you all a safe and pleasant journey and say "I'll see you there then". :)

Paranoid Dave
28-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Nonnie, if you think yours is heavy... when I'm packed I'll happily swap mine for yours if you like ;) then maybe you'll change your mind?

SUNNY STRATFORD here we come :D

BoozyBOB
28-04-2005, 03:35 PM
...rucksack...???
toothbrush...right pocket ;)
cigs....left pocket :eek:
phone...top pocket ;)
cash...(in coins)...back pocket(wont spend much)
just wear the spare socks..(and have boots undone...)
....sorted.... :lol: :twisted:
see you all there then....safe journey all... :moto:

SazzaG
28-04-2005, 03:49 PM
Arrrgh! Still doing laundry, as I got back after 6 days in Barcelona last night (work, but still involved large quantities of sangria and cervezas).

Going to the dentist in an hour to fix a filling that fell out while I was there.

Have to replace my new front indicators with the originals, 'cos the new ones seem to have a short somewhere.

Never mind the packing! Mind you, Rog just needs a spare pack of fags and he's happy.

This is my only weekend free of work in a 6 week period, so I can't wait!

Saz

Plum
28-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Nonnie and PD. Although i havent been to Arrow Mill i am led to believe they have beds,bedding and a sink, so you can leave all yours at home.

I have a tank bag and a little, light rucksack.......i am now worried as people appear to be bringing so much stuff.

The wife told me not to bother about rods and socks...just turn them inside out and get 2 days outta them!!

singletrack
28-04-2005, 06:30 PM
The wife told me not to bother about rods and socks...just turn them inside out and get 2 days outta them!!

Plum I am sure there are plenty of people tomorow night who will heave a sigh of relief when they find out they are not sharing a room with you and your socks! :eek:

As for me, I am sitting at home like Billy-no-mates, sulking cos I can't come to the Weekender. :mad:
Have a good one everyone!

scrumpster
28-04-2005, 09:22 PM
I haven't even decided what to take yet, I'm mrs last minute. All I know is a pair of jeans and a few t-shirts and undies will be in, wonder if the hairdryer will fit? God, then there's shoes :eek: soap bag, phone, charger, cuddly toy............................................I'm not sure I can do minimalist!!! :cool:

MilesB
28-04-2005, 10:05 PM
You guys are lucky - I've had to pack a tent, airbed and sleeping bag...

That's 2 fully extended panniers and a tank bag - so no filtering for me then :(

Would you like to go large on your bike Sir :D

See you all there.

Miles (and Susan)

Mand
29-04-2005, 06:46 AM
I haven't even decided what to take yet, I'm mrs last minute. All I know is a pair of jeans and a few t-shirts and undies will be in, wonder if the hairdryer will fit? God, then there's shoes :eek: soap bag, phone, charger, cuddly toy............................................I'm not sure I can do minimalist!!! :cool:

Apparently there are hairdryers in the rooms. :)

Lost Again
29-04-2005, 07:17 AM
ummm, daft question but does anyone know if I need a sleeping bag if I'm staying in the mill?

Mand
29-04-2005, 07:21 AM
I bloody hope not because I am stopping at the Mill and I want a decent bed with covers and all!!!!