PDA

View Full Version : help

steve kearl
27-04-2005, 06:10 PM
I am in desperate need of help guys, have just fitted a new clutch basket and plates to my S4. Problem I have is when I go to put her into gear it really bangs into gear and when I go to let the clutch out it stalls. What have I done wrong? and I need to get the bike working for Friday morning. Has anyone got any suggestions?

creepy
27-04-2005, 06:55 PM
don,t know much about clutches,but if it was a cable operated clutch you,d be adjusting at the lever or at the adjuster on the engine wouldn't you?do you need to adjust something to compensate for the new plates,is their any adjustment on a hydraulic clutch,i think there is! does it need bleeding? i'm probably stating the obvious,stalling when clutch is out errrr.....drag.....low revs.....errrrr good luck for friday!
creepy

ps4
27-04-2005, 07:14 PM
PM sent regarding clutch

spacemonkey
27-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Sounds like a defo bleeding job to me...

Xchurch? New Milton? How come I've never seen either of you?

ps4
27-04-2005, 08:16 PM
Recently married...not allowed out without permission....only joking love!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Only had my S4 for couple of months,changed from 748s due to a forthcoming tour of europe this july.

Just a newbie to this site !

Rockhopper
28-04-2005, 07:57 AM
My guess would be that you've either got the plates in the wrong order or the pressure plate isnt seated correctly. The last plate in the pack should be a plain shiny one.

ps4
28-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Is the pressure plate lined up properly?.There is a notch on it that lines up with a similar one on the main clutch part.