PDA

View Full Version : Parkies is back!

bignj
27-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Essex will soon have a Ducati dealership again.

Parkinson Motorcycles is hoping to open by the end of the month.

Incorporating (hopefully) just the best parts of Ron Parkinson Motorcycles, Jim Parkinson and Malcolm Frost have secured both the Ducati and Suzuki franchies as well as new premises in Colchester on the Cowdray Centre at unit C5 (centre of town, opposite Superbowl and sports centre).

Accoring to their website, the workshop opened on Monday. I know they have alot of the old faces back including Paul who was the Ducati trained technician from the old workshop.

Will post an update, once I have been to visit.

www.parkinsonmotorcycles.co.uk

Moley
27-04-2005, 05:44 PM
I bought mine from Parkies in 2004. Good to know they have reopened not too far away.

bignj
27-04-2005, 08:07 PM
Same here, wasn't looking forward to travelling to Kent or Norfolk for a service.

STU65
27-04-2005, 08:15 PM
I'm really pleased to hear this travelling outside of essex was not going to pain.
I bought my Ducati at Ron's actually from Jim and I have to say that from my point of view they were excellent. The service was very good. I'm pleased their going to give it another go. I'll be supporting them.

bignj
08-05-2005, 03:01 PM
An advert in the local newspaper says they will be open and fully operational from next weekend (14th).

Not only have they got Ducati and Suzuki, but they have Dainese and Frank Thomas clothing lines as well.

Will be popping down to say hello on Saturday, hope the weathers good so I can go on two wheels and not four.

STU65
13-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Could someone tell me where they will now be trading from?

I hope to pop down tomorrow, if I can find the place.

Many thanks.

Moley
14-05-2005, 05:57 AM
Can do. They advertised in the Chelmsford Weekly News 5th May.
It is Unit C5 Cowdray Centre Colchester CO1 1BN Tel 01206 368500.
www. parkingsonmotorcycles.co.uk.
Apparently it is opposite the Leisure World Centre.
Be interested in what you think.

bignj
15-05-2005, 02:55 PM
Was down there yesterday, they are still waiting for some stock (suzuki and dainese), but apart from that they are open and fully operational, got my bike booked in for it's yearly service next week, the workshop diary is pretty clear at the mo so if you need a service or some sork done there won't be much waiting time.