PDA

View Full Version : Loss of Red Key

1000sMON
27-04-2005, 04:34 PM
my1000s had a low speed crash however this did wreck the clocks, headlight etc. The bikes second hand and i only have the black key.

I spoke to Ducati Leeds who advised that i will be able to start the bike if i buy a brand new set of clocks as they are virgin ie non-coded.

I can fit this straight to my bike and according to them the bike will run normally however the immobliser will not be operative and they suggested i got a good quality chain (plus a doberman) to keep the thieves away.

Has anyone else been advised of this possible route to the solution, i have taken the plunge and bought a new set of clocks and will advise the results shortly.

slob
27-04-2005, 07:31 PM
I had my (MY02, 620ie Dark) clocks changed under warranty and was asked to bring all the keys, including the red one, with the bike. That was presumably to keep the immobiliser working. Good luck, I hope they're right.
If it doesn't work, start looking for a DP ECU? Why call Ducati Leeds if you live in London?

bod
27-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Hmm I thought that..and why were they so happy to tell you that new clocks would get past the imobiliser.....should Ducati Leeds give out such information?

S4R Dude
28-04-2005, 06:49 AM
Yes how helpful, why not just let every-one know how to get round security systems...tossers.

1000sMON
28-04-2005, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the feedbacks.

On why i called Ducati Leeds well i did a web search and it brought them up first. I bought a few parts and found them very helpful, i like that as parts are not cheap for Ducs and the financial pain is helped through well trained staff (such as John, who i think understands the difficulties that we all face sometimes when our bikes go wrong,

MON1000s
01-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Well fitted the new clocks.

Turned the key in the ignition.......................................... ...
.................................................. .................................
all lights came on................................................ ............
speedo registered 0 miles............................................. ....
All warning lights working and then went to start the bike......
nothing........................................... ............................
it the start button but no response.

Looks like you do need the ignition and cpu unless anyone out
there has a better idea,