PDA

View Full Version : weekender - ride up on SAT a.m. ?

saggio
26-04-2005, 02:10 PM
Anyone wants to join me for the ride up to the Mill on Sat. a.m. from London ?

Runningman
26-04-2005, 08:10 PM
I'll be riding up Sat AM from Herts; I could meet you somewhere on the way.
I haven't decided my route yet, but It will involve heading towards Oxford on the M40.

Look forward to meeting you.

Runningman
26-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Ok got my route. I'm starting out at 7.30AM from Harpenden, heading towards Aylesbury on the A41 and then over to the Oxford ring road by about 8.40AM.

From Oxford its the scenic route via Woodstock, Chipping Norton and Moreton-in-the-Marsh, arriving in Evesham (Arrow Mill) hopefully by !0.00AM in time for a few G & T's before the mini-moto.

Anybody en-route interested in hooking up, just get in touch.

saggio
26-04-2005, 10:21 PM
runningman
spot on same route I have done for the last 2 years. Only 2 speed-cameras on the way :moto:
but timing maybe a little early for me. do you go round the M25 at all before you get on the M40?

Giorgio

gary tompkins
26-04-2005, 10:31 PM
Martin,

I may be being thick :confused: but I would have thought it made more sense for you to head straight from home to the minimoto venue at Hullavington (Wiltshire) for the 12.30 kick off?

Riding to the Mill Saturday morning, would mean doing another 100 miles or so to get back down into Wiltshire, plus the same again back up to Arrow in the evening - or are you trying for the UKMOC "iron butt" award this year? :D

See you Saturday :burnout:

JMo
26-04-2005, 10:32 PM
Er, Runningman - the Minimoto event is at Hullavington, Wilts (J17 M4) - about 60 miles south from the Arrow Mill - do you not want to meet us there (or near there), rather than come all the way up to the Mill, as we will be leaving the Mill at 10.30am...

We are meeting Nattyboy at the services on the A419 north of Swindon (junction with A4311) at 11.45am approx, so that might be more appropriate, you could head down the A420 from Oxford to Swindon?

Hope to see you somewhere anyway!

xxx

gary tompkins
27-04-2005, 06:47 AM
Jenny,

Just checked on multimap and you are right. Shortest/quickest route from Arrow to Hullavington is 63.9miles, but it's still a hell of a detour for Martin & Georgio on Saturday morning?

http://www.multimap.com/map/aproute.cgi?qs=s&starttime=&client=public&itineraryxylist=408350%2C256691%3B389261%2C181566&desc1=Arrow%2C+Warwickshire&desc2=&lang=&rn=GB&rt=route.htm

saggio
28-04-2005, 01:58 PM
I did not bother looking into WHERE the minimoto event was...I was just prepared to tag along... But it makes a lot of sense, so I will get straight to Hullavington from London, to be there for 12 ish and later ride back to the Mill with all of you.

Can I still do the Minimoto?

Giorgio

Runningman
28-04-2005, 02:31 PM
I did not bother looking into WHERE the minimoto event was...I was just prepared to tag along... But it makes a lot of sense, so I will get straight to Hullavington from London, to be there for 12 ish and later ride back to the Mill with all of you.

Can I still do the Minimoto?

Giorgio

Likewise - thanks for the tip all. I will attempt to meet the Arrow Millers en-route to Hullavington around 11.45AM. JMo has provided the details (which I'm yet to digest)

Giorgio - we could still meet up on the way to this rendevous. Keep in touch.
Martin

JMo
28-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Yes, there are still a few spaces for those who wish to join in the minimoto on the day - it is £30 per person, which included a series of heats, semi finals (maybe even quarter finals if there that many of us) and the final...

We should be finished by 4pm, giving us plenty of time to head back to the Mill...

See you there!

JennyMo

xxx