PDA

View Full Version : renthals on m750

mark cross
26-04-2005, 12:55 PM
Anybody any experience putting Renthals on an m750 (2001)? Do they fit the standard risers, whats the difference if any from standard bars?

Pedro
26-04-2005, 01:15 PM
Speak to Jmo - she has renthals fitted

The Kevlar Kid
26-04-2005, 02:19 PM
I've got them on my 2002 900ie.

They fit the risers etc fine, but may be a little wider than standard - cables etc reach ok though.

Biggest pain is that you will either need to drill the locating holes for the levers and switches - or alternatively cut / file the lugs off the switches / levers so that they fit without (which is what I did - I just used a little rubberised tape on the inside of the throttle clamp for a super snug fit).

They look miles better than the standard sh1ty chrome things....

tetol
26-04-2005, 06:22 PM
there is a factory kit that uses magura fatbars had them fitted to my 620 not sure which other models it caters for though.

spacemonkey
26-04-2005, 06:32 PM
I too have Renthals fitted, nice goldy ones for added bling to match my lovely Golden Showa forks. Trouble is that the hole in the bar is wider than the standared nearly solid bars, so standard bar ends don't fit. Curses... And they seem to flex more whereas the standard don't! And I should have to adjust the angle that the hydraulic pipe comes out of the resevoirs on the early models otherwise they rub on the fork tops restricting the angle the bars are set at.

JMo
26-04-2005, 07:25 PM
I really depends on which model Renthal you want to fit - they do dozens of different styles/sizes shapes... if you just want to change the looks, then go for something with a similar dimention to the standard bar, that way all your cables/hoses etc will fit...

As Kevlar says, you have to remove the locating lugs from the switchgear and throttle housing, but that is easy with a Stanley knife and a small file on the metal throttle assembly...

If you want to go higher and/or wider, you may need to fit longer cables etc. - I have the "6 inch Trials" bars on mine (with a cross brace), which are much higher and wider, and needed new hoses and a throttle and fast idle cable making up - however, I fitted some "Road Bike Low" bars to Sazza's 620, and they just fitted with the standard hoses/cables (although we had to reroute the existing fast idle for now, and it really ought to be changed for a longer one) and the bars will need to be cut down approximately 15mm each end.

BTW. Renthal do some really nice bar ends themselves (for their mountain bike bars) that look a treat...

xxx

mark cross
27-04-2005, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the advice folks, plenty helpful