PDA

View Full Version : Ride down to weekender

Lost Again
26-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Hi everybody,
just wondering if anyones riding down to the weekender from round these parts? I think I'll be going straight from work at about 4. If anybody fancys meeting up for the ride down give me a shout. (mainly cos I don't know where I'm going!)

Tigerlily
27-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Hi Ben

Me and Rabbit are going down on Friday but not sure what time we're gonna set off..... i'll let you know when we've decided!

Scotty
27-04-2005, 08:39 PM
ya know all my weekend plans have been blown out so i could in theory make it to the weekender now but then id have to sort out accomidation il bet even the travel tavern down the road is full now :(

Scotty
27-04-2005, 10:05 PM
reet im booked at the travel inn tavern lodge so mr lost again i could easy meet up at 4 where ever you work

Lost Again
28-04-2005, 07:49 AM
sounds good, I work in the middle of huddersfield near enough so rather than you try and find your way in on a friday afternoon I could meet you out by the M1 by about 4.20.
Just gotta make sure the bikes all sorted now. got some new switch gear to put on tonight or I'll have no headlights. need to pick me leathers up as well, took them to the shop to get a zip sewn into me trousers and was told they'd be ready today. think I should invest in some waterproofs that work as well!

DesmoDog
28-04-2005, 08:15 AM
I can't make it now. Scotty's weekend plans are blown, mine are put upon me. Oh well, Might try for Saturday night stay with the outlaws and venture over Sunday mornong for the blat. If the bike'll stand it. But I doubt it.

Lost Again
28-04-2005, 08:29 AM
aah nuts mate, but I have a cunning plan.
get your bike outside the house then start a HUGE rolling burnout and a couple of doughnuts in your drive. Then in all the smoke and confusion leg it up the road and nobody will know where you've gone! genious or what?

urmmm..... I'll get me coat

DesmoDog
28-04-2005, 08:37 AM
lol, I fear a rolling bunout would burnout more than I dare.

Lost Again
28-04-2005, 08:49 AM
hmmm, fair do's.
gotta be said, if I tried a burnout on mine at the minute I think the clutch would have a fit then just cry itself to sleep. as long as it lasts me another few weeks it'll be fine.

Scotty
28-04-2005, 01:23 PM
or the m62 if were gona go across t meet up with any of the manc lot ?

Lost Again
28-04-2005, 01:27 PM
good point, and if you were gonna go along M62 my works about half a mile from the M62 huddersfield turnoff so I could meet you at the end of the road

Scotty
28-04-2005, 01:27 PM
umm dispite the moving house being canceled it has to be said i think il enjoy arseing about on a bike a little bit more than humping furiture about :burnout:

Scotty
28-04-2005, 01:32 PM
junction 24 then ?

Lost Again
28-04-2005, 01:39 PM
ummm, yep. think it's 24. its the hudds brighouse turnoff either way.
if you turn left at the bottom of the slip road (follow signs to hudds) theres a layby about 50yards up the road I could meet you at. depending on what time you get there you could trek on a bit and grab yaself a cup o tea while I try and sort myself out.

Either way its gotta be more fun than lugging furniture!

ooh, just thought. need to buy tank bag and waterproofs tonight.

Tigerlily
28-04-2005, 09:09 PM
Sorry for the late reply guys, I thought I'd posted this earlier :o

Me and Rabbit are near J22 of the M60, and are planning to go through Stockport to the M56 then onto the M6.

We can meet you at Knutsford services if you like about 5pm if you like :)

You've both got my number anyway so you can always text me.