PDA

View Full Version : Ducati John - top bloke!

Tigerlily
26-04-2005, 10:06 AM
I took my bike to Ducati John for a service recently and I want to say thanks and sing his praises!

My bike's 5 years old and hadn't had the belts replaced (so I knew I needed to get that that done) and it had the equivelent of a 12k service. The list of jobs he's done on it is as long as me arm (the only thing he didn't replace was me empty fuel tank for a full one :lol: ). I'm pretty sure he even cured my noisy back brake :D

The price of the service included all the parts (geniune Ducati) and the not so grand total was £250!!

My bike's running like a dream, and the noise it makes since being dyno jetted etc (not included in the sevice cost) ooh it sends a tingle down my spine!!! :bunny:

If you're up this end of the country and your service is coming up then I'd definately recommend Ducati John! :D

Thanks John - my custom is definately coming your way again next year!

Monkey Boy
19-02-2006, 02:51 PM
TL,

Went to Ducati Manchester (near Knutsford) this afternoon for a look-see.

Asked about service costs and they just told me it would be £375 and they told me they cannot imagine how the £250 service you had included belts.

:confused:

dazzi-b
19-02-2006, 03:01 PM
TL,

Went to Ducati Manchester (near Knutsford) this afternoon for a look-see.

Asked about service costs and they just told me it would be £375 and they told me they cannot imagine how the £250 service you had included belts.

:confused:

Well it just goes to show what over inflated prices a main dealer will charge:mad:

My bike will be serviced with Ducati John this week and that's all it's costing me (belt change included):spin:
Give him a bell.......he's a top bloke.

Monkey Boy
19-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Cheers.

Will just do that. I asked them how long they would need the bike for and they said 2-3 days (12 hours)? :toilet:

Does Ducati John have any contact details other than the telephone (cannot use the bloody thing) :)

Tigerlily
19-02-2006, 03:30 PM
If you click on the link to his websit link you'll be able to email him or you can send a pm through the club :)

Tigerlily
19-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Here's a link to his website http://www.ducati-john.co.uk/

:tiger:

Monkey Boy
19-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Much appreciated, thank you, TL.

klause
19-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Wouldn't mind giving my monster in for the shimming can do belt changes etc myself.

Anyone like Ducati John down south :confused:

Fosse Foxfight
19-02-2006, 04:47 PM
My bike's 5 years old and hadn't had the belts replaced

You are very very foolish and very very lucky.....dont even consider letting it run over the two year mark again, unless of course you have so much money that you can afford most of a new engine, you need your wrists severely slapped:fou:

Fosse Foxfight
19-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Wouldn't mind giving my monster in for the shimming can do belt changes etc myself.

Anyone like Ducati John down south :confused:

Rich Llewellyn at Moto Louigi, just out the road from Bath. Glowing accounts, and highly experienced, specially in race prep

ta ra

Tigerlily
19-02-2006, 07:23 PM
You are very very foolish and very very lucky.....dont even consider letting it run over the two year mark again, unless of course you have so much money that you can afford most of a new engine, you need your wrists severely slapped:fou:

I don't see how this post is relevent to my thread recommending an independant mechanic?

Fosse Foxfight
19-02-2006, 07:30 PM
I don't see how this post is relevent to my thread recommending an independant mechanic?
There was a glibness attached to saying it was 5 years old and hadnt had the belts done. No offence was meant.

ta ra

klause
19-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Rich Llewellyn at Moto Louigi, just out the road from Bath. Glowing accounts, and highly experienced, specially in race prep

ta ra

Ta much will keep him Moto Louigi in mind. Need someone nearer really but I don't trust your average ducati dealer.

Kev Bunney
19-02-2006, 08:39 PM
I can also sing the praises of Ducati John not only did he do my valve clearences for me he taught myself and a friend how to do them so we can do them ourselves, great bloke who does a great job, well worth a visit :bunny: :bunny:

Didge
20-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Ta much will keep him Moto Louigi in mind. Need someone nearer really but I don't trust your average ducati dealer.

Klause, Pro-Twins, South Godston, Surrey.:-

http://www.protwins.co.uk/

Not cheap, but VERY, VERY good. I had all my Ducati servicing done there, as I'm like you......I don't trust mainstream dealers.
Bike felt like new, after every service. 100% in my opinion.

klause
20-02-2006, 10:06 PM
Klause, Pro-Twins, South Godston, Surrey.:-

http://www.protwins.co.uk/

Not cheap, but VERY, VERY good. I had all my Ducati servicing done there, as I'm like you......I don't trust mainstream dealers.
Bike felt like new, after every service. 100% in my opinion.

Ta much just sent them an email asking how much they would charge just for shimming.

dazzi-b
21-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Just got the bike back from Ducati John and I can't sing his praises loud enough :hail:

The bike was fully serviced including the belts changed, dynojet fitted and a new chain and sprocket (I was advised that they didn't need changing just yet.......it was personal choice I might add)

He has done a super first class job...........the bike runs like new again :thumbsup: It's the attention to detail I like about the service John gives. He even noticed and changed a bulb on the dash that had blown which I had forgot all about (I'm sure he thinks I was checking up on him :D ) Everything was checked over and adjusted /changed if needed :spin:

The only regret I have is...................I didn't hear about Ducati John earlier :D

stef
21-02-2006, 01:19 PM
I think we should keep this quiet now.
John is so good that i dont want him overbooked when i need his help !

dazzi-b
21-02-2006, 01:21 PM
I think we should keep this quiet now.
John is so good that i dont want him overbooked when i need his help !

The thing is Stef............the guy would still do what he could to help even if he was overbooked.......I'm sure :mand:

Mr C
21-02-2006, 05:05 PM
He's just done a 12k service on mine inc fitting new C&S, Top job great bloke and very reasonable. Had to leave my bike there as it decided to snow on the Pennines on the way to pick it up, Snow and Super corsa's dont mix well.