PDA

View Full Version : Monster Weekender - Used Bike Guide

Julie
26-04-2005, 05:11 AM
Just to let you all know a chap from Used Bike Guide is coming to the weekender on the sunday to talk to us all and do a feature on our bikes. He's looking to do a test ride (by the owner) of a 620, S2R, 900 (original one) and either S4R or foggy or cusomized monster. He wants the four bikes chosen to be photographed at mallory on the track together poss going into gerrards.

This should make the front cover of Used Bike Guide, ad be great for the club.

He will be at the Mill from 8.30am if you want to talk to him come and find me and i will introduce you to him.

Julie

Spike
26-04-2005, 10:05 AM
How much are you getting paid for this Julie :twisted:

Marky
26-04-2005, 10:23 AM
who is it, Brian Tarbox?

Julie
26-04-2005, 10:30 AM
I'm not getting paid anything Stu and yes its Brain tarbox marky.

Marky
26-04-2005, 10:48 AM
He's a nice bloke, I met Brian in January 2004 when he did a 4-page review on me M600 for UBG.

Julie
26-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Did you get paid for it?

Did you have to write it?

Did he do the photos for you?

Marky
26-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Julie wrote "Did you get paid for it?" Yes, £50.

"Did you have to write it?" Yes, Brian edited it. Took out a couple of my sick jokes if I remember!

"Did he do the photos for you?" Yes, photographer called Chris came along and took the pics. Chris himself rides a Multistrada 1000.

It was a fun day. Halfway through the photo shoot (there were about 3 bikes in total) the Old Bill turned up so I legged it due to D&D cans. Turns out they had had some do-gooding idiot complaining to the Police that we were doing wheelies and generally being anti-social. Once Brian & Chris explained it was just a photo shoot the Police were happy. I joined up with them after viewing the police conversation from a safe distance!

Mand
26-04-2005, 12:28 PM
I understand it has some interesting people in the May issue.....? :lol:

Paranoid Dave
26-04-2005, 04:37 PM
Great Stuff!

Make sure I get to meet him Julie, I was in the follow up issue of UBG after Marky but as it was so far away I didn't get to go to a shoot or meet him, so didn't get paid either ;) Spoke to him a few times and I sent some pictures over and a load of stuff about Kylie and she got in the mag. So would like to meet Brian finally.

Good publicity indeed.

Julie
26-04-2005, 05:24 PM
As mand says If you get this month UBG we are all in it.

Me
Ruth
Mand
Ajay

...and one or two other mates of ours xx

Julie
26-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Julie wrote "Did you get paid for it?" Yes, £50.

"Did you have to write it?" Yes, Brian edited it. Took out a couple of my sick jokes if I remember!

"Did he do the photos for you?" Yes, photographer called Chris came along and took the pics. Chris himself rides a Multistrada 1000.

It was a fun day. Halfway through the photo shoot (there were about 3 bikes in total) the Old Bill turned up so I legged it due to D&D cans. Turns out they had had some do-gooding idiot complaining to the Police that we were doing wheelies and generally being anti-social. Once Brian & Chris explained it was just a photo shoot the Police were happy. I joined up with them after viewing the police conversation from a safe distance!Thanks for the reply marky

Will you be at the weekender?

Julie

Marky
27-04-2005, 07:12 AM
so long as I'm not working this weekend (unlikely) and weather's not too bad I should do the Sunday.

Cheers
Marky

Banshee
27-04-2005, 11:18 AM
Can we all make sure that a member of the club does NOT get on the front cover of anything that might be seen by a wife looking at Country Life or some rubbish at Tescos. :rolleyes:

Julie
27-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Oh bugger! I forgot about that. He wants an S2R as well and yu and elmo are the only ones i can think of!

Pedro
27-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Joojoo

got a mate hopefully taking delivery of an S2R shortly - he's not registered here but I could ask him for you.

Ped

Banshee
27-04-2005, 12:14 PM
i want to do it, the rush when walkin past the mags, mmmm. :lol: