PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

Philo
24-04-2005, 07:40 AM
If anyone fancies introducing a new monster owner to the world of Ducati and maybe a cuppa of coffee out there somewhere one Sunday morning, please let me know. In the meantime I will keep an eye on what's going on. I am in the Rayleigh, Essex Area. Haven't yet seen any monsters around here.

benson
24-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Sunday and mornings aren't two words which generally go together for me :confused: Philo but then again, what with spring and all that!

This weekend is out for me - but there's the chance next weekend to hook up with the UKMOC at Arrow Mill which is the annual bash and jolly good fun it is too!!! Hurrah!!! :D ;) :D

Meanwhile there are a few of us this side of London - Slob, Steveski and more besides. As for meets - the 8th May is both Italian day at the Ace and an open day at Pro-Twin (M25 admittedly but there will be a lot of monsters) so in the next couple of weeks plenty of chances to meet fellow monsterers....Check out the links which area posted in events...

Meanwhile have fun and keep looking for the beasties - sometimes even when you find another one it's a bit of a challenge to make contact on the road - I pulled up to a guy on an M600 the other weekend in southend and seid hello, I think he tought I was going to push him off judging by his reaction, instead of just being friendly!!!! :cool:

See you one weekend soon!!!

slob
24-04-2005, 09:30 AM
Hi Philo, and welcome...bit busy today and planning to run up to watch the desmodue at Cadwell next weekend...then I'm away for 3 weeks but I'm sure we'll catch up soon.

STU65
24-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Welcome Phil, I'm not much more than a stones throw from you at Benfleet. If you fancy a run out I'm sure this could be arranged. I usually, for a quick spin, drift down to the front out through Shoebury way up through Rochford, battlebridge, out to Chelmsford, sometimes up to Burnham then back sometimes through hanningfield. It's a nice run with lots of different types of roads if you interested.

I and Slob met up with the Kent group a few weeks back, we had a I think 8 - 10 monster that was good and the people were great.

Anyway let me know when your out and maybe we can tie out.

PS the turpin tends to be very spare on Monsters.

All the best Stu.

deadley
24-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Hi Philo i live around the airport so could meet up for ride in evening if you like ive not met anyone from Essex UKMOC yet but have from other counties so if anyone else fancies a evening meet keep posting

benson
25-04-2005, 04:50 PM
evenings are better for me as a rule - and SUndays too - I'm not really Essex but as London is a bleak place to ride I tend to look here and on the East Sussex and Kent forums - anywhere where folks seem to be meeting and riding!!!
Keep in touch,
Rachel
aka Benson

Moley
25-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Welcome Philo,
Not far away from you at Chelmsford, will keep an eye out for the ride out posts.

STU65
29-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Sounds like there's enough off us to arrange a ride out, especially if a few of the londoner come out to the sticks.

Would it be worth arranging an evening or a sunday morning outing some time soon? If we pencil something in may be we could plan to keep the date free.

I know other groups tend to arrange a common day once or twice a months to meet somewhere. That way it may be easier to all get together. Only a thought.

An ideas for a common date and or place to meet up from the people on or off the tread?

Moley
30-04-2005, 09:29 AM
How about the fourth Sunday of the month or every other month starting 22nd May 2005.
11 am meet Asda Car Park Chelmsford Essex.
To say that this is a very very very selfish location as far as I am concerned is an understatement (I live five minutes away) but there is an area of the car park near the petrol station thats not usually busy, you can fill up, use the loo, and its fairly central to dive out in most directions with easy access to A12 & A130.
As an alternative we could have a number of meet locations on a basis of rotation?
Any thoughts?

Philo
30-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Meeting up on a given day every so often is a good idea. However what about meeting up down at the **** Turpin on Tuesday where we can have a shandy, get to know each other and arrange a rideout. Well it's a suggestion, and I'll probably be there..... Look out for a black & red S2R

benson
02-05-2005, 02:38 PM
I'd be up for a Tuesday night - maybe the 17th as a start - next couple busy with work and life etc. The idea of a revolving meet sounds good - that way we can get across the area. Meanwhile this weekend I'm heading down to WInchester to the moto rapido open day and then on SUnday to Italian Day at the ace - both should be full of monsters! It's also the pro twin open day on the sunday so if the weathers's been as good as it has over the bank holiday we should be in for a good ride!!!!

Meanwhile the weekender was bloody great - lots of fun and fantastic sunshine!!!

;)

Moley
02-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Tuesday 17th fine for me at the Turpin, could also make tomorrow the 3rd.
What time of evening is best for peeps?
Glad you had a good time on the weekender Benson, will try and make it next year.

benson
02-05-2005, 05:33 PM
SOunds like a plan - what about 7.30? I usually finish work by about 6/6.30 (north London) so I should be able to haul ass round the 127 by then...And yes - next year we hope to be there for the later bank holiday weekend so shouldbe even more likely to catch the sun and not the showers!

Moley
02-05-2005, 05:46 PM
7.30 sounds fine.

benson
02-05-2005, 05:47 PM
good stuff - I'll post a thread on the london bit too to see who we can entice!!!

Philo
02-05-2005, 08:45 PM
can't make the 17th... on my way to Colditz. However keep me posted guys & gals. Will pop along tomorrow, it's only 10 mins away for me.

bignj
04-05-2005, 07:18 PM
All you guys are the wrong end of Essex to me, it would be a ride out to come join a ride out, but will keep an eye on the thread and maybe join you one Sunday. (Will have to check over the boarder in the land of tractors, see if they've arranged anything)

If you fancy a Wednesday ride, Gt Bentley (on way to Clacton) is the place to be for all bikers, huge village green, pub that puts on a bbq and at the height of summer 200+ bikes. Not been this year, but I hear it's starting to kick off.

benson
04-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Hello Bignj - hmm - now what does that mean in English? :rolleyes:
Meanwhil COlchester isn't that far away - why not post a meet up at your Clacton destination one weekend and see who can make it - if it's a weekend I certainly don't mind the ride out - lighter nights also don't preclude week day meetings.. Meanwhile take care and hope to see you soon!!! :burnout:

Philo
04-05-2005, 07:54 PM
like the sound of the Wednesdays at Great Bentley. I know it well, but never been to a bike do. Sure will give it a try though.

benson
04-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Sounds like this place is a good haunt - have been speaking to a few other non monsters who also give it the nod - why don't we plan for a Wednesday night maybe early in June :rolleyes: after the bank holiday?

Philo
05-05-2005, 06:47 AM
I'm with you Benson on that one... how about 2nd Wednesday 8th?

benson
05-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Good plan - it's in my diary and If I can work an early get out from work I should make it by 8 I reckon - hell, who needs to go to work and get any sleep anyway??? :rolleyes: