PDA

View Full Version : S2R mod options : Cans , ECU, Cat, Airbox

LeMarsu
22-04-2005, 09:26 AM
I know there is a similar thread for the S4r but we are talking S2r here....

I am getting my S2r soon and this is the work I have paned for it:
Exhaust Full system
Air box mod
Air Filter change to K&N (DU-9001)

That is about it….

Now the real question do I need an ECU ? or Power Commander ?

Dave G
22-04-2005, 09:45 AM
First thing I might do is uprate the brakes rather than doing engine stuff.
This might be a stupid question but have you run it in before getting these mods done?,the cat on mine will have to go but I think I need to keep it on for a bit....dont I? :o

Melnie Mouse
22-04-2005, 11:49 AM
I'm riding the S2r at the moment, and all i would do for first things is change the brake pads for sintered double HH's, try that first before major expense of anything else....

that should do it, but that's the only thing that disappoints me about the S2R :) :bunny:

Pedro
22-04-2005, 12:13 PM
Brakes - later model Goldline Brembo caliper will fit the fork legs but you'll also need the discs too.

Double HH Pads are definitely worth trying first.

Ped

LeMarsu
22-04-2005, 01:12 PM
The breaks will be one of the jobs that will be done to my S2r but first I would like it to be able to sing...

So I want to know what needs to be done, if you take out the Cat and the Std exhausts? Do you need to do the Air filter too?

NattyBoy
22-04-2005, 01:54 PM
I wouldnt run a new bike with a full system and filter, without an ECU or PC mate..

Also consider that unless you fit genuine ducati items (ie the £1000 ducati performance setup), you will invalidate your warranty..not good !

Nat

mercboy320
26-04-2005, 09:30 AM
Moto Rapido- Ducati dealer in Winchester - informed me that changing the exhausts to the Arrow complete system and also fitting the K and N filter would not invalidate the warranty.

I have fitted them and they sound awesome.

Go for it. :lol:

gizmo750
26-04-2005, 10:06 AM
Mercboy, hope that you haven't put those baffles in?

Glad you are pleased though

Guy

PS Good that you have found Moto Rapido, they are far better than anyone that you have locally, believe me this is from experience.

LeMarsu
16-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Here are some nice pics of Arrow system thanks to pkm from ducatimonster.org

LeMarsu
16-05-2005, 04:43 PM
some more pictures

OgriUK
17-05-2005, 08:17 AM
I BOUGT MY S4R WITH ONLY 720 MILES ONNIT HAVING HAD DIFFERENT PIPES, ECU, FILTER/BOX MOD FITTED.
WHEN DYNOED THE FUELLING WAS WAY OUT AND RUNNING DANGEROUSLY LEAN IN PLACES.
PERSONALLY, I WOULDNT DO ANYTHING TO CHANGE THE AIR/FUEL RATIO (bloody caps lock) until it had enough miles under its belt to put it on the dyno and check it out proper.also, having ridden an s2r i'd deffo change the brakes, the only weak part of a very good bike.
all just my humble opinion.. ;)

LeMarsu
20-05-2005, 11:20 AM
I spotted these cans :

http://www.gegbike.com/modelli/ducati/monsters4r/monsters4rcollett.html

They come in Titanium..