PDA

View Full Version : Cat on the S4R

S4R Dude
21-04-2005, 08:42 AM
Hello all,

I want to get rid of the cat on my S4R. I currently have twin side termi's on there, is there some sort of alternate pipe available out there? Secondly will the ecu need re-mapping if the cat is taken away? Third and last come MOT time can i just bolt all the leagl stuff back just for the day without any adverse effects, it will only be for a run of 20miles then i would swap it all back.

Cheers in advance .

LeMarsu
21-04-2005, 09:09 AM
I am getting an S2R and I was talking to Stuart from Spareshack (http://www.spareshack.com/) for a solution, he sells a full set with down pipes to replace the cat.

Just been on the phone to stuart he does sell the pipes... so give him a call 01895 439916

Are you termi's Carbon ?

logyk
21-04-2005, 11:31 AM
I bought the cat removing link pipe from Stuart(bear in mind he does two versions).

At the same time I fitted a Power Commander and was set up on a dyno....so I cannot help on whether adjustments are required. But I believe Nattyboy may have fitted a link pipe without any other adjustment.

Good luck!

NattyBoy
21-04-2005, 01:43 PM
If youve got termis then you should have an Ducati Performance ECU fitted anyway I guess as its in the kit. Bad news - The bike runs terrible (too rich) with the kit (ie; filter, end cans and ECU), good news - with the link pipes fitted it runs much leaner and sorts 90% of the running problems out - also sounds feckin loud too... :D :D :D

Cheers
Nat

S4R Dude
21-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Yep, i've got the Ducati Performance ECU, i can't really tell if its running good bad or indifferent as i have had it on from new. Last bike was three cylinder so it ran differently anyway.

However if it can be done i shall most prob do it.

About the MOT thingy, can i just swap it all over temp like without harming the bike?

NattyBoy
21-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Worry about that in 3 years time !!! Youll have no probs..

Nat

S4R Dude
21-04-2005, 08:07 PM
Ahhh and so it starts......

Bits, what bits.....mmmmmmmmm

Cheers all.

gizmo750
22-04-2005, 07:32 AM
Get yourself a lovely steering damper ;)