PDA

View Full Version : MONSTER WEEKEND - important info

JMo
18-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Hi All - below you will find some important information for all those attending the Monster Weekend (either as hotel/camping guests, or just visitors on either of the days).

Guests at the hotel will be issued with their own copy of the events itinerary, together with the directions list for those attending the minimoto day (either as competitors or spectators). Copies of these will also be posted in the main bar area.

On the Sunday morning prior to the National Rideout, there will be voting in the main carpark for a number of prizes to be awarded on the day - so please do aim to arrive early as voting will finish at 11am prompt.

Also, my I remind everyone who is attending the National Rideout to ensure they are fully refuelled prior to our departure at midday on the Sunday, and also anyone who is attending the minimoto event on Saturday, to be fuelled and ready to leave the main carpark at 10.30am. As mentioned below, there is a fuelstation/services approximately 1 mile from the Arrow Mill.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

JennyMo

xxx

JMo
18-04-2005, 12:45 PM
UKMOC Monster Weekend 2005

Below you will find the itinerary for the weekend, including the timings for the various organised events. You are of course welcome to come and go as you please throughout the weekend, but please do ensure that if you are joining the Mini-moto run on Saturday, and of course the National Rideout on the Sunday, that your bikes are fuelled and you are assembled in the carpark prior to the departure time. Please note there is a service station approximately 1 mile from the Arrow Mill on the roundabout junction of the A46/A435 (you probably passed it on your way here).

Programme of Events

Friday 29th April

4pm onwards Arrive at Arrow Mill from 4pm (please note: rooms may not be ready before 4pm).

8pm Dinner will be served at 8pm in the main restaurant.

Saturday 30th April

8am Breakfast will be served from 8am in the main restaurant.

10am Mini-moto riders (and any spectators) to ensure they are fuelled and ready to leave the Arrow Mill at 10.30 prompt.

10.30am Mini-moto contingent to leave Arrow Mill. (note: we shall be riding in convoy, although directions and contact details will be despatched to each rider also).

12.30pm Mini-moto event - Hullavington Wiltshire. Leaving approx 4pm .

6pm Happy Hour in the main bar. There may also be the opportunity for Helicopter rides from the lawn at Arrow Mill (weather dependant).

8pm Dinner will be served at 8pm in the main restaurant - Hog Roast.

Sunday 1st May

9am - 11am Members to vote for the 2005 Bike awards - in the main carpark.

Midday National Rideout - to include lunch at local pub followed by 2005 Awards presentation . Return to Arrow Mill approx 5 - 6pm.

6pm Happy Hour in the main bar.

8pm Dinner will be served at 8pm in the main restaurant.

Monday 2nd May

10.30 onwards Depart for home.

end.

JMo
18-04-2005, 12:52 PM
May I also take this opportunity to remind you all there is still time to vote for the forum awards (see Julie & Ruth's thread), and also let Paranoid Dave know asap if you require a name badge - many thanks...

xxx

JMo
25-04-2005, 11:10 PM
As last year, we shall be having a special award for the person who travelled the greatest distance to get to Arrow Mill (either staying as a guest, or on the day of the Natrional Rideout).

This is mileage ridden on your bike, not including sea travel (Plum), or aeroplane, (Yerbs) - or in the back of a van/train whatever...

So everyone, please remember to reset your trip meters before you leave home for the 'Mill as you need to log your mileage on the voting form (and we have Autoroute, so no cheating x)

Looking forward to seeing you there!

JennyMo

xxx

froggy
26-04-2005, 02:17 AM
sorry to bother you. can we just turn up for the ride out on sunday, even if we are not officially at the weekender.

i'm a 'bobby' and not able to take the whole weekend off. i live quite near the venue and may be able to get sunday off. be a shame to miss it.......

froggy

Julie
26-04-2005, 05:07 AM
Yes you can just come for one day - lots of people will just turn up on the sunday. if your not to far away just come over each day and go home. thats what i did last year. Tho it was further than i thought at 120 mile round trip each day.

Oh and another thing to be aware of is Used Bike Guide will be at the weekender on the sunday and he wants to talk to monster owners and do a feature on the club in his mag.

Julie

froggy
26-04-2005, 10:17 PM
Thanks For The Answer. Next Question: Where Exactly Will You Meet Up On The Sunday And At What Time Etc.
Hope To See Everyone There.....

JMo
26-04-2005, 10:42 PM
The National Rideout leaves the carpark of the Arrow Mill hotel at midday.

Bikes can assemble any time from 9am, and judging for the '2005 awards' will take place between 9am and 11am, when all the votes must be in.

Please make sure you have a full tank of fuel prior to our departure at midday - there is a service station on the A46, approximately 1 mile from the hotel.

Arrow Mill Hotel
Arrow Mill
Arrow
Alcester
Warwickshire
B49 5NL
Tel: 01789 762419

http://www.hotels.uk.com/alcester.htm

See you there!

JennyMo

xxx

Ruth