PDA

View Full Version : On yer bike open day

stuartg
17-04-2005, 04:22 PM
I just wanted to thank those who attended the open day today. I was made to feel very welcome + met some good people. I haven't been to many meets but I hope to attend many more in the future.
Thanks again
Stuart

cerebus
17-04-2005, 04:53 PM
Just want to second what Stuart said.

Was nice to meet you all today, always good to put faces to names.

Just wish I'd washed the bike, everyone else's looked very shiny.

Cerebus the unwashed - (Chris)

The Kevlar Kid
17-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Nice to meet every one - especially the new faces and the couple of potential new recruits (we really need some UKMOC cards you know).

Full list I think was:

The Doctor
Pete S4
Chappers
Runningman
Cerebus
Stuartg
Fatbloke
Laurent
Benson
Plod (have I got that right?)
Oh yeah - and me.

I'm sure I've forgotten someone - give me a slap if I have...

Nice to see a dozen monsters in a line, with no two the same and some modified more than others (eh Stuartg / Doc)...

Shame no bugger had a digital camera...

Must do this more often... :D

peteS4
17-04-2005, 05:16 PM
what a lovely day.......... terry, sorry if i seemed rude when i first got there, its just when i found you all round the corner i wanted to move my bike quick before it got blocked in..... sorry........... hayley had a great day and smiled loads. and to the new faces, hello and see you again soon......... and the old ones.......... its time to moisturise guys !!!!!!!!!!!

Chris
17-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Missed you all!!! Had a good ride over to OYB and back, but by the time I got there it was more of a closed day!

Chappers
17-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Same here, great to meet some more UKMOC members and put faces to names :)

Special thanks to Kevlar and Stuartg for staying with me at the rear (ooer missus :lol: ), again to Kevlar and Mags for the use of their pressure washer and hospitality this afternoon and of course PeteS4 for his constant support and advice.

Hope to see you all again on 8th May at Protwins/Ace Cafe, but hopefully see you locals either at The Three Trees meet on Tuesday evenings or the Ace one Sunday for brunch.

Glorious weather and I thoroughly enjoyed myself - really nice birthday :bunny:

Chappers
17-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Missed you all!!! Had a good ride over to OYB and back, but by the time I got there it was more of a closed day!

Damn :(

What time did you get there then? Should of text/rang one of us, we would of held on if we knew you were on the way.

Coming Three Trees on Tuesday?

stuartg
17-04-2005, 07:30 PM
Wonder if we'll hear anything from the posh totty that was there on her Monster

No............... I don't mean you Chappers

stuartg
17-04-2005, 07:33 PM
Oh yeah. Happy Birthday Chappers hope you had a good one.

That camels foot put me right off me tea

Runningman
17-04-2005, 07:33 PM
Chappers
I had no idea it was your birthday. Happy Birthday (whats left of it) and glad you enjoyed the day.
See you soon.
R

Chappers
17-04-2005, 07:46 PM

No............... I don't mean you Chappers

I certainly ain't posh and I wouldn't call myself totty...I class myself as one of the lads, just call me 'wysiwyg' - What You See Is What You Get :D

But she was one stuck up miserable woman - she couldn't get away quick enough...she thought we were complete and utter nutters :twisted: :lol:

Chappers
17-04-2005, 07:47 PM
Oh yeah. Happy Birthday Chappers hope you had a good one.

That camels foot put me right off me tea

Don't...just got to mum's for dinner and couldn't eat half of eat - I'm mentally scarred for life :eek:

The Kevlar Kid
17-04-2005, 07:50 PM

I think the other young lady may have been more interested though (the one with her dad / grandad?).

Did she say she was local to Bucks???

stuartg
17-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Complete + utter nutters ???
Probably a fair assessment. When we all crowded round her she must have thought she'd ridden onto Lord of the Rings filmset or something.
Your right though she did seem a bit snooty. Ah well she can please herself I 'spose

Chappers
17-04-2005, 07:51 PM
I think the other young lady may have been more interested though (the one with her dad / grandad?).

Did she say she was local to Bucks???

She lives in Winslow, said she'd show up on Tuesday nights at The Three Trees :)

stuartg
17-04-2005, 07:52 PM
She was from Winslow Rob. Wasn't that Gandolf the grey with her

The Kevlar Kid
17-04-2005, 07:53 PM
She was from Winslow Rob. Wasn't that Gandolf the grey with her

:D :D :D lol

Steady now, she may read this..

Chappers
17-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Complete + utter nutters ???
Probably a fair assessment. When we all crowded round her she must have thought she'd ridden onto Lord of the Rings filmset or something.
Your right though she did seem a bit snooty. Ah well she can please herself I 'spose

Probably why she's so stuck up...not getting any pleasing if you know what I mean ;) :lol:

stuartg
17-04-2005, 07:57 PM
Anyway I had a good day, the sun shone and my bike didn't let me down.

Chappers
17-04-2005, 08:06 PM
Anyway I had a good day, the sun shone and my bike didn't let me down.

A very sexy bike indeed you have there young man :)

Runningman
17-04-2005, 08:36 PM
Did I miss something?

MistaMonsta
17-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Got there about lunchtime and had a brief chat with a few folks, so it was good to finally meet SOMEONE.
Had to feel sorry for Froggy (Plod) - great looking S4R but pipes melting through his boots at a faster rate than than I go through tanks of fuel :eek:
Can't believe I didn't buy anything. Nearly bought my friend that Ducati bikini for her wedding present, though I'm not sure she'd forgive me if I had.

Ian

Chappers
18-04-2005, 08:10 AM
Did I miss something?

Oh yeah, forgot you had gone home by then :rolleyes:

Basically, we spotted this rather normal nice looking lady on her Monster, so Pete and Rob went over to introduce themselves and to see if she was a member.

The remainder of us then made our way over to be friendly and she basically couldn't get on her bike and get away quick enough - very dismissive and uninterested :mad:

Her loss :lol:

The Kevlar Kid
18-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Basically, we spotted this rather normal nice looking lady on her Monster, so Pete and Rob went over to introduce themselves

Can't blame her for running then :lol: I have that effect on people :( .....

Chappers
18-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Can't blame her for running then :lol: I have that effect on people :( .....

Maybe it was the spaz run you did upto her whilst foaming at the mouth that scared her off? :rolleyes:

The Kevlar Kid
18-04-2005, 11:45 AM
Maybe it was the spaz run you did upto her whilst foaming at the mouth that scared her off? :rolleyes:

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

Chris
18-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Didn't get there till after 4. Forgot all about it, but the weather was good so I thought I'd go out for a run. Did see the young lady on a Dark with an older chap, presumably the one you were talking about.

Can't make Thurs this week I'm afraid.