PDA

View Full Version : Nutritional value of a pot noodle

Paranoid Dave
15-04-2005, 08:52 PM
It is suggested we all eat five portions of fruit and veg a day, I'm hoping that a good proportion of these five can be obtained within a pot noodle as they feature quite heavily in my diet at the moment. They do contain some peas and the odd bit of pepper after all.
Who needs greens when you can have dried noodles in a pot. :D

Healthy livin's great.

Nonnie
15-04-2005, 09:01 PM
There is no nutritional value in a grot/rot noodle. Honestly dave, you're going to turn into one if you eat many more. I know the empty pots are handy and stuff but they're no good for you.
:)

norrie
15-04-2005, 10:15 PM
BOMBAY BAD BOY. :eek:
MMMMMM I love Pot Noodle. :p

Norrie.

Nonnie
15-04-2005, 10:18 PM
EEEwwwwwwww

You're all sick.

And probably going to have serious stomach problems.

OgriUK
15-04-2005, 10:25 PM
a lot of people on here from ipswich :)
i was born in ann street, then moved to spenser road, then chantry, been left about 17years, me old mum lives up the top of birkfield drive..pot noodles rock.. :) :)

Nonnie
15-04-2005, 10:27 PM
That would explain the slight madness then

OgriUK
15-04-2005, 10:35 PM
and an intolerance of all things norwich... ;)

Nonnie
15-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Yes, we're off to Veloce's open day there and like Dave says, it's flat and smells of animal poo. They don't like us there either though so it's ok. It's a love hate thing.

OgriUK
15-04-2005, 10:43 PM
:D "flat and smells of animal poo.." :D

you two should try the fens..

DesmoDog
16-04-2005, 11:59 AM
Stop! This has nothing to do with Ducatis, Tea, nor the home counties. Keep on this thread and you'll be evicted. Forget pot noodles and get something like yum yum noodles or happy cat from the Chinese Supermarket. Only 19p a portion and makes lovely soup. Souper!

Nonnie
16-04-2005, 12:06 PM
DD, you have a little shameless behaviour in your past!

DesmoDog
16-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Yeah, comes from mentioning Berto, Yerbs, and Richard_S - I think it deducts automatically.

Nonnie
16-04-2005, 12:10 PM
I didn't do it
Nobody saw me do it
You can't prove anything

Mand
16-04-2005, 12:19 PM
There is no nutritional value in a grot/rot noodle. Honestly dave, you're going to turn into one if you eat many more. I know the empty pots are handy and stuff but they're no good for you.

How can anybody eat Pot Noodle? It is simply vile! It smells vile! It looks vile!

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

slob
16-04-2005, 01:56 PM
How can anybody eat Pot Noodle? It is simply vile! It smells vile! It looks vile!

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

I'm with Mand 100%.

shouldn't it be 'President of the don't eat that sh*t club'?

Didge
16-04-2005, 02:26 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

It smells even more vile when it pours out your rectum the next day, complete with the odd undigested pea and/or pepper.
Mind you, if one is hard up at the time, one can rinse the peas/peppers under the tap, and re-use them.
If that's not a good recycling method, then I don't know what is.

Paranoid Dave
16-04-2005, 02:42 PM
I have been eating them for years, love them but only had a couple this week! Must be a good 150 or 20 of them this year already. Bombay bad boys are great but vicious, I like the new seedy sanchez. I actually find the mild flavour ones horrid, beef and tomato is just about OK but chicken and mushroom is yuk, give me the curry flavour any day :D

Didge
16-04-2005, 02:45 PM
I have been eating them for years, love them but only had a couple this week! Must be a good 150 or 20 of them this year already. Bombay bad boys are great but vicious, I like the new seedy sanchez. I actually find the mild flavour ones horrid, beef and tomato is just about OK but chicken and mushroom is yuk, give me the curry flavour any day :D

David, you're not a well man.

Mand
16-04-2005, 03:07 PM
For god sake Dave, ride over to Leicestershire I will feed you properly! :lol:

I must admit though, I do like the adverts on the telly for them. "Do you have the Pot Noodle horn?"

Didge
16-04-2005, 03:15 PM
I must admit though, I do like the adverts on the telly for them. "Do you have the Pot Noodle horn?"

No, but looking at your avatar, I've got A horn.

Mand
16-04-2005, 03:18 PM
You're a bad 'un Didge! ;)

Scotty
16-04-2005, 03:21 PM
inspirational idea, il eat all my normal food and then just live off pot noodel till i move house

Dave i am in your debt

Paranoid Dave
16-04-2005, 04:41 PM
For god sake Dave, ride over to Leicestershire I will feed you properly! :lol:

Nice offer Mand, thanks, if I had some transport it'd be tempting ;) a change on the menu today, ham salad rolls in a bit, can't wait.

emily's driver
16-04-2005, 05:19 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

I for one wish to make a stand for the benefits of eating pot noodles. Aside from the obvious qualities, such as a total lack of need to wash up afterwards, instant gratification thats only a boiling kettle away and that it appears from this thread that PD has a myriad of Blue Peter uses for the empties, then where is the catch. Oh and Chicken & Mushroom flavour in the special offer six pack is to die for! Vile you say? Would you like me to bring home a Nigerian doggy bag for you. Makes pot noodles seem like haute cuisine by comparison! Id murder for one now! Hoorah for pot noodles I say.

DesmoDog
16-04-2005, 11:13 PM
Nigerian doggie bag? Pray tell!

celt
16-04-2005, 11:23 PM
the new seedy sanchez is indeed a super pot noodle

Mand
17-04-2005, 06:14 AM
I for one wish to make a stand for the benefits of eating pot noodles. Aside from the obvious qualities, such as a total lack of need to wash up afterwards, instant gratification thats only a boiling kettle away and that it appears from this thread that PD has a myriad of Blue Peter uses for the empties, then where is the catch. Oh and Chicken & Mushroom flavour in the special offer six pack is to die for! Vile you say? Would you like me to bring home a Nigerian doggy bag for you. Makes pot noodles seem like haute cuisine by comparison! Id murder for one now! Hoorah for pot noodles I say.

My goodness me! I pray for your tastebuds! :p

gary tompkins
17-04-2005, 08:18 AM
the new seedy sanchez is indeed a super pot noodle

Seedy Sanchez gets my vote too with the chilli Posh noodle a close second. Pot noodles make great rally snacks, but I'm usually well past the stage (beer-wise) where I care what I'm eating by then anyway :rolleyes:

Note to self - Pot noodle bum + a full portaloo = bad rally experience :D

Chappers
17-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Dave - I think you're in need of a good woman who can cook you healthy wholesome meals :)

No wonder there's nothing of you if all you eat is that rubbish :lol:

Paranoid Dave
17-04-2005, 08:07 PM
Dave - I think you're in need of a good woman who can cook you healthy wholesome meals :)

Oh yes please - Do you know of any going spare?

No wonder there's nothing of you if all you eat is that rubbish :lol:

if only that were true, there's pleanty of me really, I just breathe in a lot (inbetween breathing out before any smart a*** says it).

Today's menu featured microwave pizza, bowl of cereal and a bowl of pasta with hotdogs mixed in it. Not all in one sitting naturally. :D

Nonnie
17-04-2005, 08:19 PM
Today's menu featured microwave pizza, bowl of cereal and a bowl of pasta with hotdogs mixed in it. Not all in one sitting naturally. :D
Which is a vast improvement on pot noodles. Well done mate.

emily's driver
17-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Nigerian doggie bag? Pray tell!

Its a little known fact that the term doogy bag here, literally means just that. Im in a climate where anything is fair game for the dinner table. Sure you wouldnt prefer a pot noodle now?!

gary tompkins
17-04-2005, 08:51 PM
Which is a vast improvement on pot noodles. Well done mate.

I'm sure PD is saving the Pot Noodle for breakfast? :twisted:

DesmoDog
17-04-2005, 08:53 PM
Wow, and I thought Bromley was in Kent!!! I enjoyed cheval bleu, during the week. My mates were served some sort of dog in the far east, not sure where and I don't want to upset anyone by accusing their nation of eating dogs. Needs spices apparently

emily's driver
17-04-2005, 08:58 PM
My goodness me! I pray for your tastebuds! :p

Bless you! Well yes I rather think mine are beyond repair now. You only ever find these things out once you have truly experienced the horrors of eating here. Had a "meat" curry once not so long ago. Somewhat inquisitive as to the nature / type of meat used, since it bore no resemblance to anything I had previously seen / tasted, I was duly informed that it was cat. Bagpuss cover your ears!

Chappers
17-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Oh yes please - Do you know of any going spare?

if only that were true, there's pleanty of me really, I just breathe in a lot (inbetween breathing out before any smart a*** says it).

Sorry - don't know of any in your area hun :lol:

emily's driver
17-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Wow, and I thought Bromley was in Kent!!! I enjoyed cheval bleu, during the week. My mates were served some sort of dog in the far east, not sure where and I don't want to upset anyone by accusing their nation of eating dogs. Needs spices apparently

It is but only when I home, which is but a short time away for me. Ive been here far too long to remember what real food is anymore. So you can see how easily a Pot Noodle can suddenly become so mystically alluring! Id settle for anything remotely edible though, if truth be known.

Paranoid Dave
17-04-2005, 10:11 PM
ED, I can see that in your situation how a pot noodle would appear a meal of wonder and plenty, packed full of hearty goodness and flavours your taste buds (if you have any left) can only dream of. But I hope you're not suggesting that's the only reason they seem like a good idea. If I don't see an ever growing stack of noodle pots in the kitchen on your return I'll be most upset :lol: