PDA

View Full Version : lovely levers...

MotoNik
14-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

I was up at Pro Twins on Saturday, and one of the bikes in their showroom sported some lovely shortened clutch and brake levers - long enough for two-finger use. They're beautiful CNC things, with a dinky little red anodised lever to adjust the span.

I forgot to ask at Pro Twins who they're made by, as I really NEED some!

Speaking to Pedro about them, he reckons Rob H (??) has some? If you're reading this Rob, and it's you, give us a PM!

For everyone else - if you know the ones I mean, and know who makes them, let me know. Pro Twins aren't too local to me, so I can't pop back and drool over them again!

cheers,

Nik

steve kearl
14-04-2005, 06:47 PM
I'm not sure if these are the exact one's you want but they sound like CRG levers, six adjustments, folding aswell and have a little red lever to adjust them. Not sure of the company who sells them but I have a cut out from last years MCN with a picture of them and a telephone number and price as follows. Telephone 01388 773322 price is £90 each.
Hope this helps you.

Rogerg
14-04-2005, 10:58 PM
just found these on a google search: http://www.fasterbydesign.co.uk/levers.asp

JMo
15-04-2005, 02:15 AM
Ah yes, I've seen them too at ProTwins, and would have bought a set had they had them for my bike...

Steve Kearl discribes them perfectly, and Robht does indeed have some on his M1000 (the longer version) that he bought at Ally Pally I believe, and I think ProTwins do them for about £65+vat each...

Just order 'em Nik - you know you want them!

xxx

NattyBoy
15-04-2005, 03:04 AM
Tricksville Arizona !!! Had my eye on these for some time too.. :D

Nat

MotoNik
15-04-2005, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the help everyone - CRG is indeed the ones. The only trouble now is do I get the shorter ones (tricker looking), or possibly more practical longer ones?

I'm worried if I get the shorter ones that the heavy clutch will make my hand hurt in traffic! Memories of 45 minutes of filtering out of Donington MotoGP last year, and an achey hand!! I suppose it would be all the excuse I need to get that lighter-action slave cylinder.... :D

cheers everyone.

Nik

DesmoDog
15-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Hi Nik, they had some at Demon Tweaks up here in Newcastle. For some reason I'm thinking NGK. They were lovely, in a range of colours and clickable settings. here's a question. If the levers are adjustable will that require some sort of play on the cables themselves?

aha, just read the note above. They were indeed CRG or whatever.

Spike
15-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Desmodog its the levers themselves that are adjustable the hose stays in the same place the lever use's the same pivot position.

DesmoDog
15-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Spike ta! Funnily enough, I'd just read the site. I'm liking these very much.

Mr Cake
15-04-2005, 11:39 PM
The only trouble now is do I get the shorter ones (tricker looking), or possibly more practical longer ones?

I'd get a long clutch lever and a short brake one.

Dave

MotoNik
18-04-2005, 05:36 PM
I'd get a long clutch lever and a short brake one.

Dave

Yep, I reckon you're right there. Would look even more trick having two different ones!

Thanks for all the replies folks. Just got to wait for payday now :D

cheers,

Nik

Pedro
18-04-2005, 10:35 PM
Yep, I reckon you're right there. Would look even more trick having two different ones!

Thanks for all the replies folks. Just got to wait for payday now :D

cheers,

Nik

You and me both but only a week or so!

Ped :D

Mr Cake
19-04-2005, 05:02 PM

Certainly would! Little touches like that sometimes make people take you more seriously. Things like a thumb operated rear brake have the same effect too ;) :D

Dave