PDA

View Full Version : s4r speedo acting up

OgriUK
13-04-2005, 10:52 PM
its jumping all over the place..say you was grunting along at about eighty it will be flickering mostly back down then up ..then it will be ok..then it will do it again..anybody else had this please? :confused:

slob
14-04-2005, 05:55 AM
mine did it early last year, it eventually settled about 180 deg. out, get it straight back to a dealer before your warranty runs out!

spm23
14-04-2005, 06:25 AM
Mine's gone "bad" too. Bike has only 40 miles on it but odometer jumped to 8000 miles and the service light has come on. Spoke to dealer and they were not aware of any "known" problems with S4R speedo but will investigate and hopeully swap under warrenty.

MikeG
14-04-2005, 07:44 AM
OK I know my M600 is a little different to the posh S4, but my speedo did the same. This was due to a loose connection on the coils, strange I know, but when the connection was secure the problem ceased!

OgriUK
14-04-2005, 09:07 AM
thanx blokes.
the faulty connection is an interesting one..last night i got caught ina horrendous downpour and the fault temporarily cured itself..i put it down to me pussyfooting about in the wet keeping the revs down, but wonder if the damp sorta gave it a better connection?

MikeG
14-04-2005, 09:10 AM
The wire did not seem loose, but there were burn marks around the connector and the plastic cover had melted oops. Removing, cleaning and putting back did the job.

OgriUK
17-04-2005, 02:39 PM
sorted..stu the previuos owner read this thread an was good enough to ring me..had happened before spoke to ducati bristol was a earth fault..traced it back to a dry joint somewhere from the speed sensor sonnector back into the loom so wired a dedicated earth in from sensor conn block to battery..marvellous..an im in love with me s4r again..
my thanks to stu, riders of bristol(duncan), a small length of black wire and the ukmoc board.. :D ;)