PDA

View Full Version : May 7th - Veloce open day - Norwich

Paranoid Dave
13-04-2005, 07:30 PM
Come to Norfolk, its flat and smells of animal poo.

Bring a strand of wheat to chew, straw will be provided for seating and theres a prize for the Ducat that can plough the most fields in a day.

Don't know any more than that, but there is an open day, its at Veloce dealers in Norwich. It'll be open all day as is tradition for an open day and being a Ducati dealers there'll probably be some Ducati's there to look at too, in an open day kind of way?

Nonnie
13-04-2005, 08:14 PM
Yes, inspire them Dave, inspire them. Nobody visits us anyway.

It looks like it's a joint venture with the DSC from Essex and Suffolk too.

Mind 'Ow Yer Go

http://www.velocemotorcycles.co.uk/

Paranoid Dave
13-04-2005, 08:43 PM
that's right, nobody ever visits us. Open day in london, ooh lets get a 30 strong crowd together. Aylesbury, another 30 meet and ride in to see some bloke on an R1 do some dodgy stunts. I wonder how many of those people will make the effort to come to norfolk for this one eh. Not many I guess.
They probably wont even read this thread the cheeky muppets and once again it'll be you and me dearie, and the norfolk few.

ooh, a new smiley :moto:

So lets see, norfolk, a**e end of the country, very few members. What would be a good turnout from club members? You and me, a couple from essex, norfolk too. Lets see if we can make double figures :eek: surely not. 10 monstrositi in east anglia at once - I need to go and lie down just at the thought!

Nonnie
13-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Well, as it is the arse end of the country, nobody's going to read this thread anyway, so.....

Cheeky muppets you say. who in particular? Come on, nobody's listening!

walkingpictures
13-04-2005, 09:10 PM
Well, as it is the arse end of the country, nobody's going to read this thread anyway, so.....

Wrong - reading the thread here mate,sorry can't make it,bike ain't taxed at the mo,will catch up with you all soon

Kimbo :)

emily's driver
13-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Well poo or no poo (i blame all those pig farms!), I am drumming up support from the Norfolk end to come along so all is not lost. Though I am in gonna be in the minority seeing as I am not on a Monnie it seems. Sleepy little villages need a rude awakening from time to time, so the more that turn up the better.

Paranoid Dave
13-04-2005, 09:37 PM

I couldn't possibly say, to be honest I don't think it'd be worth them making the effort anyway. What classes as an open day in Aylesbury is a positive festival in Norfolk. I have visions of some ol' boy leaning on the gate dressed in tweed saying "noice daa t'be out n'ya boike" and a couple of people pointing at a ducati. If you've seen the episode of Father Ted when the circus comes to town you'll know the sort of image I have in my mind.

Norfolk, gotta love it :lol:

ED, watto! You may not be monnie riding but the more people you can bring along the more we'll forgive you ;) Just take the plastic off for the day :D

Nonnie
18-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Just bumping this up, as it's got potential.

There will be food supplied by the pub opposite, demonstrators if he can get enough staff, BSB photographer, suspension adviser, historic racers and wait for it, this must be a wind up but this is what he said "raffle for a new 999".

(Stolen info from the DSC!)

Apparently there is an artist too who will draw your bike in pencil for you.

So, Norfolk, anyone?

The Kevlar Kid
18-04-2005, 06:11 PM
that's right, nobody ever visits us. Open day in london, ooh lets get a 30 strong crowd together. Aylesbury, another 30 meet and ride in to see some bloke on an R1 do some dodgy stunts.

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

I wonder how many of those people will make the effort to come to norfolk for this one eh. Not many I guess.

I could be tempted..... Have to admit that I saw enough of Norwich when I worked for the NU though. If I've got a new back tyre on, Mrs Kevlar and I may join you...

Anyone else from Herts, Beds or Bucks want to support our fenland friends????

stuartg
18-04-2005, 06:58 PM
Mmmmm Thinkin about it. Could be tempted especially if the weathers like it was this weekend.

The Kevlar Kid
18-04-2005, 08:24 PM
Mmmmm Thinkin about it. Could be tempted especially if the weathers like it was this weekend.

Yeah - good weather would be good...

Anyone else from Herts, Beds or Bucks want to support our fenland friends and smell the Colemans mustard factory and the Bernard Matthews turkey pens ????

paul620sie
22-04-2005, 12:45 PM
Easy boys.... I can't make it but I need to defend Norfolk. I grew up there (Attleborough), my parents live there (Norwich) and my grandfather worked for Colemans all his life!

Go there, have fun, beware the speed cameras (Barford village and between Cambourne and Cambridge only) and say hello from me.

Good luck.

PS Look out for swedes and turnips that drop off farmers trucks.

emily's driver
01-05-2005, 01:59 PM
Well, on account of Nonnie's misfortune during the mini moto at the weekender, we will still be going to Veloce's only two up on my bike, all being well and good and assuming Nonnie is feeling up to riding pillion. Though from what I hear she was last heard of blasting off into the distance on the Sunday rideout at Arrow Mill, so Im glad that there were people there kind enough to make the most of the event for her and I am, I have to say, impressed by her resilience. She's a tough little cookie! See you on Saturday for those of you going to this event. I shall be the one riding very very cautiously!

russell
01-05-2005, 04:48 PM
If I ever get my bike back from them , currently in there for a service.
I ll pop up to The White Swan in Yarmouth (Bike meet area) and drum up some more monster owners and nutters on other Duke's to turn up to Veloce next weekend .

Paranoid Dave
06-05-2005, 07:37 PM
just refreshing the post

for anyone wishing to go, either see you there or there should be some meeting at Tesco's on the A14 at ipswich at 10.00am.

PD

Skip
06-05-2005, 10:00 PM
I will pop up and say hello weather permitting, will be on my mates 1995 Red M600 Monster, so if a strange skinhead says hello, that will be me! :lol:

Kerry
09-05-2005, 07:00 PM
Not sure about computers but i will give it a go. just like to say hi to those who i saw at the veloce open day. just a shame about the weather. id like to say thanks to the owner of the gold and black monster who came up to me and spoke about rejoining as i had forgot my log in details. not a bad day just a shame we had no clebs to entertain us. hope you enjoyed you trip to norfolk and maybe see you soon evan at mallory. see ya