PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP: Well what did you think of that?

Mr Cake
10-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Would be interesting to see peoples views on what happeden in the final corner of today's Spanish GP.

Personally, being a long-time Rossi fan I think it was a racing incident, but Vale's attitude afterwards was not acceptable. However I think Sete was playing up a little with his shoulder 'injury'.

Dave

Steve James
10-04-2005, 02:24 PM
Hi

I think if it had been anyone else but Valentino Rossi, there would have been hell to pay!
In my eyes it was a "Schumacher" incident, either I pass him or we both crash.
When Valentino took his helmet off he looked very sheepish, the ****y look was a big front.
Sete should have took him round the back and given him a right hook!

Just my tuppence worth!

Steve

PaulS
10-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Rossi is a weasley little f***er. He is a superb rider but I don't like him! He went into the corner too hot and had to drift wide, unfortunately for Gibernau he was left with nowhere to go but off the track.

slob
10-04-2005, 03:06 PM
At first I thought hell to pay for Rossi at an enquiry but having seen replays from about four angles, I'd say racing incident. These are two top athletes, who will do more or less whatever it takes to win. That's what makes us want to watch racing.
I was jumping up and down in front of the TV right through the last lap.

Red
10-04-2005, 03:21 PM
I think the cheesy grin was embarrasment have been in situation where unsure how you are going to be received and been unable not to smile or even have giggling fit just to further the embarrasment what is a fitting facial expression? at this time?

But think these two are great racers and what a race to start the season. Cant wait for the next installment

benson
10-04-2005, 04:14 PM
Just watched the video and loved every minute - fell clean off the settee (as opposed to Sete) watching that last corner - racing incident I reckon like slob said but I'd still want to punch the doctor's lights out if it were me (actually I'd still be on lap 10 if it were me.....) but what a thrill! Can't wait for Estoril next week - more of the same please!!! :D

Pedro
10-04-2005, 04:53 PM
The first contact was made by Sete about three or four corners back. He also "brake tested" Vale on one of the short straights leading up to the final corner incident.

I think this is a case of "who wanted it more" and as such is a racing incident. It was clear the Honda has a horsepower advantage and Vale had to ride hard to keep in touch for much of the race. The Yam was spinning up much sooner than the Honda. And yeah, Sete was playing up the arm injury thing.....

It was a cracking finish which ever way you look at it and it shows there are just two front runners so far. Where was Biaggi, Edwards et al....? Good run by the Nakano on the Kwacker though.

Roll on the rest of the season!!!

Ped

Mr Cake
10-04-2005, 05:54 PM
Interesting what you wrote in your first paragraph, Pedro. I'll take another look at the last lap.

Great result for Malandri and Nakano! Didn't catch where Hopper or the Desmo's ended up in the end, I was too excited by the last lap!

I don't want to punch Vale's lights out, but I certainly think a little less of him at the moment. I just hope he's sorted himself out by next Sunday. I would like to see the Rossi and Gibernau feud sorted out too.

Dave

PS. What PSI were Sete's missus' lips running at? :D

tetol
10-04-2005, 06:21 PM
just adds to a great spectical take that type of thing away and it probly won't be worth watching

gary tompkins
10-04-2005, 06:51 PM
I'm a big Rossi fan, but still find it difficult to accept his tactics on the last corner. As Pedro said, the gauntlet was thrown down by Sete when he clattered Rossi earlier in the lap & I think the red mist effect kicked in from there on.

The last corner dive on the brakes by Rossie was deffo a **** or bust move, and could have ended in tears for both riders. As it turned out he got away with this time, but I think Sete has every right to feel pissed off.

I hope the organisers get on top of the Rossi/Sete situation ASAP, as it could get well out of hand by mid-season. I know that out-psyching his opponents is a big part of the Doctors game plan, but I'd hate to see it degenerate into the Biaggi/Rossi conflict we had a few years ago, where we had the pair of them practically trading blows side by side at 180mph on the main straights :eek: :rolleyes:

Radar_UK
10-04-2005, 07:16 PM
It looked like a racing incident to me brought upon by some serious "win it or bin it" mentality from both of them - made for good exciting racing and prospects for the season ahead and at least this time Gibernau actually had something to look miserable about :D

Paranoid Dave
10-04-2005, 07:44 PM
It all depends how you look at this one, earlier in the lap rossi gott the inside but went wide and sete took him on the exit, every rider knows that trick. So on the last corner sete realised he'd left the gap and rossi was on the inside, he could have slowed and as rossi ran to the outside of the track, took the inside like half a lap before and onto race win. But he didn't! Rossi on the other hand was looking to win, it's what he's there for, he saw a gap and took it but knew he was a bit hot and probably thought sete might come back inside - like before.

So to mr both made mistakes, both could look at the last corner and see ways they might have improved. Sete will be angry as he didn't read it right and rossi came off as winner, rossi will be feeling a bit sheepish and lucky but glad it worked in his favour. If htere's anything wrong with the move i'm sure sete wont think twice about complaining and asking for an enquiry, if not that shoulder injury (yeh right) could just be his way of disguising his anger at losing a race he knew he could have one.

Alss fair in love and racing.

Mand
10-04-2005, 08:11 PM
I thought I was going to be sick with excitement. :p

Want to see Sete win next week though....

craigie
10-04-2005, 08:47 PM
if racing like that is the result of a feud then why on earth sort it out?

a hard move to be sure but it was a race wasn't it?

I don't like Gibernau, he is ****ing fast but he's a facking bore for sure and the less he wins the happier I am. Rossi is the best there but I'd rather see Bayliss or Capirossi win but as long as someone beats mullet boy i'll be smiling.

my tuppence worth

Zimbo
11-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Racing incident. Rossi came through on the inside, Sete was too wide, realised he'd left the door open and turned in hard to try to close it, too late though cos Rossi was already alongside. Legitimate move, Rossi did nothing wrong, Sete was lucky to get away with it the way he did!

HUNTER
11-04-2005, 11:27 PM
It was great sport.

Sete did not shower himself with glory by his looks, just a primadona (every right to be) who got beat.. It would have been good for him to say "congratulations on a great race and I'm looking foward to a great season". Its more menacing. But from his reactions he may have lost the championship already !