PDA

View Full Version : Insurance up?!?!?

SteveSki
08-04-2005, 10:28 AM
Hey there,

I'm insured under another person on my 750 and the insurance was £350 fully comp last year.........I've just gone to renew it and it's jumped UP tp £487???

Does this make sense considering I haven't claimed, nothings changed......

If it does, I don't suppose you could put me on to another company?

Thanks V much....

CK & AK
08-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Try Carole Nash - works for me - £184 FC last Sept, 4 yrs no claims & garaged at night in leafy Surrey.

H & R insurance also good

Hastings also good for some.

Insuremyducati - ask for Ronnie

Tip? - phone back ins co & say you have had quotes for same level of cover but it is £?????'s less than them - I do! :D

C

Richard_S
08-04-2005, 10:39 AM
i was quoted very happy by H&R steve, £400 lighter than everyone else.
really really happy. give them a bell and roll me a fat one in gratitude!

0845 1302800

SteveSki
08-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Thanks very much C.........

I'm on hold now..... :D

SteveSki
08-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Ha Ha.......Got one behind each ear at the moment and one on the go....

Where's Jamin?
Where's Jamin?

Richard_S
08-04-2005, 10:48 AM
you crazy devil, I am trying to avoid the 11am temptation!

I do hope that the hubbly bubbly will be in the knap sack although I would recommend that you don’t disclose on your hunt for financial salvation. apparently its quite illegal and insurance companies don’t just understand the benefits.

DesmoDog
08-04-2005, 10:55 AM
I used laxtons when bikesure pulled the same stunt with me last year, which remonds me. Insurance fun is just around the corner for me, and MOT, annual service etc. Groan.

JMo
08-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Ducati Insurance (Link at the top of the page usually) did me the best deal last year - same underwriter, but £100 cheaper, including a second bike on the policy...

Top fellas!

xxx

Melnie Mouse
08-04-2005, 12:42 PM
yeah try Ducati Insurance, and H&R very good, and Motorcycle Direct, sometimes Bennets and MCEdwards too.. all found in back of MCN or bike mags..

Julie
08-04-2005, 12:48 PM
Ducati Insurance (Link at the top of the page usually) did me the best deal last year - same underwriter, but £100 cheaper, including a second bike on the policy...

Top fellas!

xxx
same for me as well. One of the only insurance co's that will insure an off road bike as a second bike.

Very good customer service and great deals.

Julie

SteveSki
08-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Thanks very much.....I'll get on to them as soon as I find something to eat...... :D

No seriously, Not much work on so i'll phone around this afternoon.....it's just annoying me why they have put my insurance up for no apparent reason....apart from the fact "They" can..... :confused:

SAMMYE
08-04-2005, 01:45 PM
H & R insurance best for me aswell by far good service aswell

Mand
08-04-2005, 05:10 PM
Thanks very much.....I'll get on to them as soon as I find something to eat...... :D

No seriously, Not much work on so i'll phone around this afternoon.....it's just annoying me why they have put my insurance up for no apparent reason....apart from the fact "They" can..... :confused:

They are just robbing b*stards who have us by the short and curlies.

Ducati Insurance - i've got a dual bike policy too, the cheapest by far.

gary tompkins
08-04-2005, 06:18 PM
.....it's just annoying me why they have put my insurance up for no apparent reason....apart from the fact "They" can..... :confused:

Don't worry I had Carol Nash pull this stunt on me a few years ago. Despite being insured with them for over 10 years, and not making a single claim in that time, C.N. decided to increase my renewal on the 900ie by 15% :mad:

I got various lame excuses over the phone, and after a fair amount of haggling they grudgingly reduced my renewal by a tenner. Nice way to treat long term customers with full NCB (not) :rolleyes:

Needless to say I shopped around, and got a very good deal with H&R ins. who I've been with ever since ;)

slob
08-04-2005, 08:37 PM
After five years with CN and no claims, that's exactly what happened to me Gary... now with Ducati Insurance, £100 cheaper, even with my 'other, not a Ducati' on the policy.
Steveski... get out of Romford if you want cheaper insurance!

STU65
09-04-2005, 08:11 AM
I'm with Ducati insurance and the cost was dramatically better than CN and others. One thing I did find is that the insurance companies say they will not add a discount for the Ducati immobiliser as its not thatcham approved. If you ask them to check their system they find that within their system, (which I'm no expert on), does recognise the Ducati system independently.

I spoke to a few of the quote guys at the different companies at "CN or others" said a number said Oh we do discount for the Ducati systems!!! I chap explained that he had been telling the Ducati riders to get a thatcham system fitted to get the discount.

Anyway, if you have a Ducati immobilier before you think about getting a Thatcham system fitted it may be worth asking the insurance people to double check.

snakey
09-04-2005, 08:22 AM
They are just robbing b*stards who have us by the short and curlies.

Ducati Insurance - i've got a dual bike policy too, the cheapest by far.

Me Too - got a M750 and 750sport f/c for just over £300 :burnout: works for me.

SteveSki
11-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Thanks slob.......I try but I keep on being dragged back in..... :D

Well i've tried and am still trying but it still looks like the renewal price is still the cheapest.........thieving ****ers :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: