PDA

View Full Version : "good bike, never seen rain.."

OgriUK
07-04-2005, 06:39 PM
how do people do that?
i use mine a lot and have been caught out in torrential rain twice this week.
havta wash the bike and silko fs everything before i put it away(nobody told me monsters were such a pig to clean and chuck so much crap up your back when its wet out :D ) but thas life..last night coming back got sleeted on as well, woulda given anything to be on me zx12r with its fairing and heated grips, woulda give absolutely anything to have been in me old sprinter van with the heater on...

fatbloke
07-04-2005, 06:51 PM
I've used the bike all this week to go to and from londonI've been p***ed on almost
every day.
But today it was rain that hurts and a real heavy downpour the crotch of my
waterproofs are no longer waterproof!!
Can any one recomend a dry over suit?
(Must fold up small)

CK & AK
07-04-2005, 06:56 PM
mind boggles fatbloke - you wanting a suit that folds up small :D :D

;)

fatbloke
07-04-2005, 07:02 PM
well smallish then! how much room can 20 mts of plastic take up?

Plum
07-04-2005, 08:59 PM
I have a Spada over suit, which on the times i have used (usually over me leathers) has always kept me dry. I think i paid £45 for them. Let me know what you look at, and i will see if i can get here cheaper and bring to the weekender (if your going) I might get them a little cheaper with no VAT and 'knowing' a couple of geezers.

Let me know

L

JMo
07-04-2005, 09:09 PM
Can any one recomend a dry over suit?

reckon Ogri was in the ball park with that Sprinter van to be honest... (would keep the bike dry too!)

xxx

A Yerbury
07-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Maybe they don't go out when it is raining? or maybe they speak with the silver tongue of white man white lies?

Pedro
07-04-2005, 09:20 PM
FB

Heine Gerick do some half decent rain suits - mine was only £25 and seems to work ok.

Failing that, next time you're in Pompey, swing by the dockyard as I hear they have some old sails going spare...:D

Ped

CK & AK
07-04-2005, 09:37 PM
I'll second that Pedro - my HG suit did a good job several times last year - most noticably at the UKMOC w/ender with 3 out of 4 days wet - and 2 of those blinking wet.

On its 4th season & still keeping torrents out (whoever he is! :lol: )

C :)