PDA

View Full Version : M1000 Best Alarm?

nambduke
06-04-2005, 08:11 PM
Can anyone help please :confused: ....

I'm looking to update my 04 M1000ie immobiliser with a quality and compatible alarm system. I understand that the Ducati plugs straight in - or am I wrong!??

Can anyone help with potential best options based on your own experiences.

Regards,
nambduke

dean
06-04-2005, 08:57 PM
i dont know as i just have an immobiliser on mine but i think the datatool still ranks up as a top bit of kit. i had it on my last bike,certainly very reliable for me.

there might be something new out now though.

Parky
06-04-2005, 09:28 PM
There are probably 2 alarms that will fit nicely.

1- Datatool system 3, this is a thatcham cat 1 alarm and is very reliable and you know with datatool, there are engineers nationwide and ive seen this alarm fitted to many bikes including many ducatis as the wiring loom is geared to have this fitted on.

2- Meta M357-T, this also is a Thatcham cat 1 alarm, but don't have so much experience in seing this one fitted, but it is just as popular.

If i was to buy an alarm, i would be 1 of these two as ive worked in insurance and this is what 99% of insurers look for and also having worked at a Ducati dealership, seen many fitted.

Both alarms should cost no more than £325 to fit all in.

hope this helps

Parky #74

nambduke
05-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Finally sorted an alarm via Sv Security. North Yorkshire based mobile service. Recommended. Accredited installer so no problems. Prices very keen - check with Don Cruickshank on 07973 762832. Certainly better than the £325 quoted by many other installers. Uses the handle homer-uk on eBay.

Mention me - Mark Butler & M1000ie and he'll probably run a mile!

Regards,
nambduke